Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I adored Amanda as Geek!Sam. My favorite scene is still the one where she introduces herself to Daniel. It was just so funny and that little hop AT does as she's walking towards the briefing room table cracks me up every time.
    Geek Sam is the best AU versions of sam out there. she's such a plucky thing and so danged cute.

while i do enjoy ship in fic, and the non-explicit ship on the show, i can sooo see the AU Jack and GeekSam ship. he was so into her...and she was into him too
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey, 20 more posts to go!!!

can we do it???

sigpic

Comment

I adored Amanda as Geek!Sam. My favorite scene is still the one where she introduces herself to Daniel. It was just so funny and that little hop AT does as she's walking towards the briefing room table cracks me up every time.
        Seriously, AT and MS do Geek! together really well. Like, Daniel's been buffed up and pimped out these past few years (which is fine), and Sam's always been the "so smart, yet too incredibly cool" heroine. So when they get together and do over-the-top? Oh man, oh man...

Originally posted by Über

My fear has to do with the fact that
        Spoiler:

as I understand it, Hammond is going to be in this episode. If this is true, what if he gets the disease and dies???

We all know how wonderful a job TPTB do at killing off favorite recurrings...

Please feel free to tell me I'm WAY off...
        I'd like to be able to tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're wrong. But that may not be accurate.

The thing is,
        Spoiler:
        I THOUGHT that Don S. Davis was scheduled to return later in the year.
        Or is that just wishful thinking?

I don't have any concrete theories, but
        Spoiler:
        (1) I don't want her to be relegated to ScienceLab!Sam... That's all I've ever seen her in, whether it's in promo pics, the network's preview, or the SciFi website's extended preview. (2) I do NOT want her past "romance" with Orlin to be brought up (especially with Bright, cuz he already did that awkwardness with Nicole Kidman), (3) and I DO NOT want the action to go on around her without involving her.

That, I fear is a bit too much to ask for, so I'll take the second request over everything else. :shrugs:

Comment

This deleted scene is located up on the web, though I don't recall exactly where. Maybe someone else remembers. If not I still have a copy and I can email it to anyone who is interested.

Kat
          Color me interested.

And Sky: "Plucky?" I never, in my wildest dreams, would have thought that THAT word would fit so well!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Geek Sam is the best AU versions of sam out there. she's such a plucky thing and so danged cute.

while i do enjoy ship in fic, and the non-explicit ship on the show, i can sooo see the AU Jack and GeekSam ship. he was so into her...and she was into him too
            I'm sorry to keep posting like this, but I just read your whole post, and I have to say that the fics people have written in regards to AU Sam/Jack ship from Moebius - when they're in Egypt - is REALLY neat. Sky, didn't you write one?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Color me interested.

And Sky: "Plucky?" I never, in my wildest dreams, would have thought that THAT word would fit so well!
              LOL

well she is. poor little frumpy thing, probably never even speeded. gets into something really cool and goes to another planet, actually talks her way into going to another planet.
              handles seeing aliens, being captured, freeing themselves...gets to snog this gorgous hunk o colonel (which from kawalsky's words, jack wasn't exactly a super great officer, just a mediocre one)

she's great. sweaters nonwithstanding

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                I'm sorry to keep posting like this, but I just read your whole post, and I have to say that the fics people have written in regards to AU Sam/Jack ship from Moebius - when they're in Egypt - is REALLY neat. Sky, didn't you write one?
                yep. 'so shall it be'
                au sam and jack in egypt. i think the timeline goes caca again and they have to set it straight.

i also 'explained' how the real sg1 died. oh and sam and jack got 'married' in the end, or engaged at least

sigpic

Comment

This deleted scene is located up on the web, though I don't recall exactly where. Maybe someone else remembers. If not I still have a copy and I can email it to anyone who is interested.

Kat
                  Sure thats not a deleted scene for Birthright? I've got one from that where Sam and Janet are talking in her office... But if you are talking about one from Ascension I'd love to see it too

Comment

yep. 'so shall it be'
                    au sam and jack in egypt. i think the timeline goes caca again and they have to set it straight.

i also 'explained' how the real sg1 died. oh and sam and jack got 'married' in the end, or engaged at least
                    Yeah, the fic was going great until that part

j/k, was a really good read :-)

Comment

LOL

well she is. poor little frumpy thing, probably never even speeded. gets into something really cool and goes to another planet, actually talks her way into going to another planet.
                      handles seeing aliens, being captured, freeing themselves...gets to snog this gorgous hunk o colonel (which from kawalsky's words, jack wasn't exactly a super great officer, just a mediocre one)

she's great. sweaters nonwithstanding
                      I disagree with you. I think she does speed. It's her way of rebelling.

Just like she argues with the empty desk that doesn't argue back...GEEK!Sam seems like the type to me who, while never having a motorcycle or cool car (probably drives a run down volvo), tries to make up for that need for adventure she doesn't quite understand by speeding all the time.

Her glove compartment's full of unpaid tickets...in fact, she was due to appear in court three days after her first scene with Major Davis...however, she was, um, unavailable.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i don't think the ascension one exists anywhere but on the raw footage from the eps.

this was before the days of skiffy putting scenes up on thier site

sigpic

Comment

pbbbbbttttt

hey, you oughta hear my friends. usually i catch good natured grief because i can get sam and jack close, but never 'together'

but geek sam and nerd jack were different, and easier for me anyway

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I disagree with you. I think she does speed. It's her way of rebelling.

Just like she argues with the empty desk that doesn't argue back...GEEK!Sam seems like the type to me who, while never having a motorcycle or cool car (probably drives a run down volvo), tries to make up for that need for adventure she doesn't quite understand by speeding all the time.

Her glove compartment's full of unpaid tickets...in fact, she was due to appear in court three days after her first scene with Major Davis...however, she was, um, unavailable.

i dunno. different ways of seeing it. i see her as too intimiadated and afraid to do too much

she probably longs to do such things. dreams about it, watches it but is just too repressed to take that extra step and do something 'wrong'

in the commissary when daniel was angry, she was just 'that's how things are' and accepting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Sure thats not a deleted scene for Birthright? I've got one from that where Sam and Janet are talking in her office... But if you are talking about one from Ascension I'd love to see it too
                              Hmm, maybe it was Birthright. I have that scene, but I could have sworn I saw another one where Janet told Sam of her psyche results. Oh well. Maybe I just wanted to see it so badly I dreamed it up. Where is that damn dvd they have been promising us for nine years now? The deleted scenes and blooper one.

Comment

pbbbbbttttt

hey, you oughta hear my friends. usually i catch good natured grief because i can get sam and jack close, but never 'together'

but geek sam and nerd jack were different, and easier for me anyway
                                I personally question whether or not they stayed in Ancient Egypt. Good intentions aside...it would have driven them nuts.

Plus I've come up with a viable reason why they would have left Ancient Egypt in the PJ and travelled to the future...

It's a little brain drizzle I'm concocting...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X