No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deepspace said: I'm just dropping by to tell people who I care about in this thread that I might not be around for a while. I've been recieving some not at all nice PM's from people outside of Samanda, even though I haven't posted anywhere but this thread for months. I'll log in here ocasionally but I think it's unlikely I'll post again until I figure out what I'm saying wrong to offend non Samandans.

Keep up the wonderful discussion, and good luck to those of you who are defending Sam in the basher threads. You're all brilliant.

Love you all.

No need to go, deepspace. All I need are names, and you'll never be bothered again.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Wow, congrats to Claudia. There must be something in the water at Stargate. Didn't MS have a little girl last year and CJ and AT both had little girl's this year? Now CB is pregnant. Ben better be careful, he may be next. LoL

I have to agree with the baby storyline, but hopefully it won't be a huge part of the cliff-hanger. It's a bit troubling to realize how much pull Scifi has in what the writers/producers do on the show.

The good thing is, since Claudia is really pregnant then we may not be cursed with all overtly sexual clothing we had to deal with in the first six episodes. And if we are really lucky maybe they will actually write something really touching for Claudia.

Oh and while I'm making wishes, maybe all the Sam haters on other nameless forums will stop talking about getting rid of Sam ( and having AT quit now that she has a baby ) so that Vala can take her place. Hmm, maybe that's asking for a bit much.

Yes, a bit troubling about how much pull Scifi really has! And it did cross my mind about that small VOCAL minority of Sam haters----yup you're asking for too much.

Comment

So sorry to see you go, deepspace. Maybe if you put them on your ignore list or like Skydiver suggested, let Darren know.

Congrats to Claudia! I'm so happy for her. Still don't like the pregnancy storyline one bit. I'd rather wait until S10 for her. I'd love to see her and Sam actually interact in a scene together. Would probably be a hoot.

Comment

well, ya gotta wonder, if AT should quit because she has a baby, then does the same apply to CB???

fair's fair after all

It amuses me when i see folks ream their disliked chracter for doing something, then twist themselves inside out justifying the very same thing for a preferred character
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

chocdoc said: Well, a bit of interesting news. Go to Levine's blog at Scifi:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

It concerns why Vala is coming back at the end of the season, and why she is pregnant.

First off, I think it's pretty neat that CB is pregnant. Good for her!!! Forever's right: There's DEFINITELY something in the water...

Secondly, I REALLY liked the, "For example, did you guys notice that Sam Carter was sparsely seen in the first six episodes of this season?" question. I simply scoffed and said, "SURELY you jest."

Thirdly, Levine is just the messenger, so I refuse to even shoot the guy. However, there's one thing that bugs me about his little, er, message. I've never disliked RCC or anything. I don't think I really have a beef with any ONE of TPTB. But his (and JM's) little rants are getting on my nerves. Obviously Levine got permission from Cooper to tell all of us head-hunting, pitchfork-toting, stone-throwing, house-burning, witch hunters where to shove it. So that leads me to believe that HE'S got the beef with us - ALL of us.

This is THEIR show. I get that. In fact, I think that those of us who are sane ALL get that. Sometimes we take it a little far, I admit. But does he HAVE to act like that? I just did NOT dig the vibe I got from the blog, specifically since he identified the forum by name. Whatever.

And I kinda agree with you guys. I don't understand why they HAD to impregnate the character. ... But I'll let it go eventually. I don't think that CB's cool personal decison should be an excuse for the writers to "have fun with Vala," or an excuse for the fans to whine.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Based one what RCC apparently said and how the network feels, I guess this not only cements the idea of a Season 10, but it also
            Spoiler:
            pretty much guarantees that we'll be seeing Vala many, many more times after "Crusade."
            I'm not quite sure how I feel about that anymore.

Comment

What bends me backward is the sanctimony. A thousand other legitemate issues raised by "the fans" can go completely unanswered or ignored, but then there's one which has a holier-than-thou answer from their end, and they're all over it like a fat kid on a Smarty(tm). Suddenly, there are no other issues, just their (riteously) wounded feelings in the face of such backward thinking. We see that kind of spin go on every day, but I swear I'll never get used to it.

A little bit like the controversial price of gas these days. They figure if they put it up high enough, then when they come back down (half way), it'll seem like a real deal and people will line up for more. Gah.

M.G.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

deepspace, hope you stay, or at least visit. We here are like you, true fans without fan pathology syndrome; here for the fun in sharing a common interest.

In honor of deepspace and any other Samandan who has become a target of false fans, I re-post my VERY FIRST SaGC POST! It was such a great feeling to scroll the boards and see all the love here. So here's hoping seasoned Samandans and new feel my love and gratitude for this great haven of AT/Samantha Carter fans!

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                ! A thread that actually LOVES Carter...where have I been 394 pages ago???

Love the Samantha/Sam Carter character to the molecules. Even with the spots of laxity by the writers or PTB at times, Carter has remained a strong and appealing persona. She's missed already and s9 hasn't even aired.

I give her a lot of kudos. She travels through the known and unknown with three of the most virile men in the universe but doesn't lose herself among them. Well she did fall for the alpha male, that'd be Jack. And he of course returned those feelings for the female who was more than his match.

Best of's on my List:
                - Emancipation (ok, kind of corny but she was def in hand-to-hand!)
                - Solitudes: she took on that ice! And her tech determination didn't quit.
                - Grace
                - Space Race
                - Icon (her mission, her success)
                - Gemini: AT worked that dual role!

Just naming a few.

Anyway, Amanda Tapping has pulled off a real honors-worthy performance and I for one will be squatting in my most comfortable chair when s9 begins this summer!

"Geez, blow up one sun and everyone expects you to walk on water."

GREAT THREAD, thanks!
                Just sayin', again.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

this may sound a bit odd, but I just realized that we are hearing about this great and important news about CB from a blog coming from Scifi. Maybe CB officially announced it somewhere, but if not, it is a bit bizaree to announce CB's pregnancy within a context where RCC (or whomever) seems to be reacting to accusations of being a misogynist.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    this may sound a bit odd, but I just realized that we are hearing about this great and important news about CB from a blog coming from Scifi. Maybe CB officially announced it somewhere, but if not, it is a bit bizaree to announce CB's pregnancy within a context where RCC (or whomever) seems to be reacting to accusations of being a misogynist.
                    I don't even get where on the GateWorld board people are saying that RCC's being a misogynist by making Vala with child. I certainly haven't seen ANY posts to that effect.

Most if not all of us appreciate Vala to some extent...I like her more after TPTB and am glad that they developed her character a little more...I just don't want her to be a regular. And I actually appreciate PU better after hearing the commentary because Claudia Black is just such a delightful person!

Okay so back to the whole preggers issue. None of us here for certain have used the M word referring to the Crusade storyline. We've used other words mind you...cliched, done-to-death, are you kidding me, etc...but never misogynistic.

And for the record, how the heck is misogyny a valid argument against this storyline? It's a completely out of left field statement. That makes as much sense as saying that having Cliff Simon on the show is somehow anti-black because he's South African and South Africa had a major issue with apartheid in the past (which of course is a ridiculous thing to say). Saying the storyline is somehow misogynistic is just as loony, makes ZERO sense and is a completely non-sequitur thought as far as I'm concerned.

I have no problem with CB being pregnant...more power to her. And I for one do hope to see Vala again in the future...just not as a regular.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

If she HASN'T officially told people, what an immature way to get their point across, eh?

Comment

ÜberSG-1Fan: I haven't seen 'misogynist' used once used to describe this anywhere, not just Gateworld, so I have no idea where RCC is getting that from.

I have no problem with CB being pregnant...more power to her. And I for one do hope to see Vala again in the future...just not as a regular.
                        I agree. I'd like to see her as a recurring character along the lines of Bra'tac or Jacob.
                        Last edited by Naeara; 13 September 2005, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                          ÜberSG-1Fan: I haven't seen 'misogynist' used once used to describe this anywhere, not just Gateworld, so I have no idea where RCC is getting that from.

I agree. I'd like to her as a recurring character along the lines of Bra'tac or Jacob.

i agree with you there... i love the character of Vala and i hope that she does come back in that sort of capacity

she is coming back in a later episode, i know that now
                          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Those demotivators are so funny, I couldn't help trying one too. Hope no one minds. I had to alter the text just slightly though. This is for sally and uhSir...

M.G.

wow. just wow. *hammer, meet nail head*

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Alright...I did it. I asked Joe.

Now let's see if we get SOME kind of response.

Hey, I see Sal asked too...

*assumes Geek!Sam's thumbs up posture* GOOD JOB!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                Well, a bit of interesting news. Go to Levine's blog at Scifi:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

It concerns why Vala is coming back at the end of the season, and why she is pregnant.

weee.

i'm so excited.

well, i'm happy for claudia, but as stargate fan, i'm anti squeeing.

does anyone ever wish this show had just ended in season 6?

sally :/
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X