Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Dear Fellow Samandans

I must start packing and leave the kingdom for the coming week. Another castle (Krakow) is calling to me!

I've left the keys to the wine cellar behind the bar ... feel free to help yourselves to the rare vintages. Perhaps Royal Accountant will be kind enough to serve some of her famous sloe gin whilst I'm away.

And let us all pray that our wonderful Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist, soon finds her way back to Samanda. The road has been rocky recently ... seriously ill friends and demanding students and courseloads. She is greatly missed!

Continue to play nice in the royal sandbox ... I will miss you all! Hic Comitas Regit!

Peace, Jester
    Originally posted by Lida
    We'll miss you ChopinGal, as we always do when you are gone. Hope you have a safe journey and return to Samanda safe and sound.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be here when you return, as I have to exit, stage left, next week, for a bit. So, I'll welcome you back now.....a bit early, but you can never be too early, right?

HIC COMITAS REGIT
    Gee, I'll miss you both! Hurry back soon! I'll just be here in.....Nashville.....working.....

Comment

I'm just dropping by to tell people who I care about in this thread that I might not be around for a while. I've been recieving some not at all nice PM's from people outside of Samanda, even though I haven't posted anywhere but this thread for months. I'll log in here ocasionally but I think it's unlikely I'll post again until I figure out what I'm saying wrong to offend non Samandans.

Keep up the wonderful discussion, and good luck to those of you who are defending Sam in the basher threads. You're all brilliant.

Love you all.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        I'm just dropping by to tell people who I care about in this thread that I might not be around for a while. I've been recieving some not at all nice PM's from people outside of Samanda, even though I haven't posted anywhere but this thread for months. I'll log in here ocasionally but I think it's unlikely I'll post again until I figure out what I'm saying wrong to offend non Samandans.

Keep up the wonderful discussion, and good luck to those of you who are defending Sam in the basher threads. You're all brilliant.

Love you all.

There seems to be a lot of that going on, you are not the first person I have heard mention the ugly PM's. It all seems to occur this season, hmmmm. I can't say as I blame you, but for what it's worth I always enjoy reading your posts and hope you stay or come back often despite the other people.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          There seems to be a lot of that going on, you are not the first person I have heard mention the ugly PM's. It all seems to occur this season, hmmmm. I can't say as I blame you, but for what it's worth I always enjoy reading your posts and hope you stay or come back often despite the other people.

Same from me Deepspace. Sorry this is happening. Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Deepspace and anyone else who may be getting 'not so nice pm's', forward them to darren. People will not be allowed to use gateworld to threaten someone else.

however, before we can do anything, we have to have proof.

now if these pm's aren't 'bad enough' to be modded, put the person on 'ignore'...then they are not allowed to send you pm's
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              I'll log in here ocasionally but I think it's unlikely I'll post again until I figure out what I'm saying wrong to offend non Samandans.

Love you all.

It saddens me to hear this. Indeed.

Okay, everyone gather round for a virtual Samandan group hug:

{{{deep}}}

Seriously, I've been posting less myself. Seems like people can't just enjoy the show and talking about it, it has to get ugly, exclusive, stupid/silly, yadda etc. et al. People seem really raw lately and are losing their cool, reactionary. And the negativity. Oh, the negativity.

I for one am very happy we have Stargate. Heck, I'm happy to have a dry house, a TV, cable, running water, good meals. Even with its ups and downs its still one of the few things I watch and the list gets smaller and smaller. I try to remember that no matter what I read, which thread I'm in, etc. There's people behind each and every post.

It's all about perspective, what's important and what's not.

What's important is this: you are loved here in Samanda.
              Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 13 September 2005, 05:01 PM.
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

well, i am very happy for claudia and i wish her all the best

still doesn't stop me from thinking that the fastest way to totally futz up a scifi storyline is to write a pregnancy into the show.

scully's 'super baby' was 10000% cringeworthy and i think the only scifi pregnancy that i feel was handled well was Nana Visitor's

personally i have to wonder
                a) why she has to come back then
                b) couldn't they just disguise it???? gillian anderson hid Piper for months. as did gates mcfadden and roxanne dawson. course, i guess bustiers don't come with expandable tummies

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Well, a bit of interesting news. Go to Levine's blog at Scifi:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

It concerns why Vala is coming back at the end of the season, and why she is pregnant.
                  *grins*

Gee... for such a so-called 'dead' site it's interesting we (GW forum) are getting mentioned in a SciFi blog....

And I'm with you Sky. Why does pregnancy make it "necessary" for CB/V to come back? Wish they'd just write one helluva story and *then* see what could be done to work around any casting or physical attribute issues.....
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    *grins*

Gee... for such a so-called 'dead' site it's interesting we (GW forum) are getting mentioned in a SciFi blog....

And I'm with you Sky. Why does pregnancy make it "necessary" for CB/V to come back? Wish they'd just write one helluva story and *then* see what could be done to work around any casting or physical attribute issues.....

Hey ShimmeringStar,

Who's calling GW a "dead" site? I've seen this mentioned before and wondered what it meant.

Comment

what i think is interesting is that claudia didn't think she'd be back until s10

so...what, was she told it'd be recurring all along???? or was she just guessing or maybe just coming to the logical conclusion that someone who found herself in the plot location she was at the end of beach head, ie her fate twisted with the new villians, was bound to come back eventually

sigpic

Comment

Hey ShimmeringStar,

Who's calling GW a "dead" site? I've seen this mentioned before and wondered what it meant.
                        Aw heck. I can't remember! *wracks brain for the link to the right synapse that that info must be lurking on!* Darn info overload. I've been lurking much more than posting the past month or so & dang it, where did I read it? Mostly like here in the forum, but not 100% sure exactly where I read it. But I did read it in the past week or so and (IMOHO) thought the PTB or person who said it was slightly full of it since it's awfully hard to call a vibrant 11K+ member forum *coughs* dead.

'Dead' in that there's not a lot of activity, not a lot of interest in it, boring, etc.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          DANGIT. I'm diving right back into the deep end.

Rescue me!!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=17191&page=3

PLEASE!!!!!

oooooooooohhh ÜberSG-1Fan I went over the and I say more power to you, keep up the good work. I got caught up myself and I am sure what I had to say will incur the wrath of our friend LS . . .

Comment

Wow, congrats to Claudia. There must be something in the water at Stargate. Didn't MS have a little girl last year and CJ and AT both had little girl's this year? Now CB is pregnant. Ben better be careful, he may be next. LoL

I have to agree with the baby storyline, but hopefully it won't be a huge part of the cliff-hanger. It's a bit troubling to realize how much pull Scifi has in what the writers/producers do on the show.

The good thing is, since Claudia is really pregnant then we may not be cursed with all overtly sexual clothing we had to deal with in the first six episodes. And if we are really lucky maybe they will actually write something really touching for Claudia.

Oh and while I'm making wishes, maybe all the Sam haters on other nameless forums will stop talking about getting rid of Sam ( and having AT quit now that she has a baby ) so that Vala can take her place. Hmm, maybe that's asking for a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              what i think is interesting is that claudia didn't think she'd be back until s10

so...what, was she told it'd be recurring all along???? or was she just guessing or maybe just coming to the logical conclusion that someone who found herself in the plot location she was at the end of beach head, ie her fate twisted with the new villians, was bound to come back eventually

I read an interview by CB (I'm sorry -- I can't remember where) that said that the producers said that she would be back as soon as she walked on the set. Her character was not going to die, so she would return. So it sounds like they gave her a strong indication that she would be returning.

Comment

Well, a bit of interesting news. Go to Levine's blog at Scifi:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

It concerns why Vala is coming back at the end of the season, and why she is pregnant.
                                Congratulations and best wishes to Ms. Black.

This does not change my opinion of Robert Cooper in the least nor does it change my impression of the crusade spoilers - still cheesy and a joke and that whole post lessens my opinion of the guy that wrote it - get off your righteous soap-box Mr. Levine!! We all already know who signs his paycheck (oohh I am snarky tonight but Cooper just makes my blood boil and his handwriting is all over that post.)

Comment

Working...
                                X