Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You most certainly are, Über!

But... considering what's been going down in the threads lately... it's warranted.

And, speaking of: minigeek, I didn't want to say it on the other thread, but I love you. Honestly. You rock. Between you, Über, Forever and ann_sgcfan... phew... Good stuff.

Now I know Über's the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta and all, but can I be, like, a Junior PIM in training? Better yet, can we form a club or something? With matching T-shirts?

Comment

I'd just like to apologize in advance for this next Demoralization. I was a very bad girl, but it's all Uber's fault!

Comment

I thought this one might have made her blush a bit...

Comment

Heh heh. Nice on Forever. Heh heh.

SamFan31, I really like that one as well. It looks really candid, actually.

*curses inability to manip pictures of ANY kind*

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I'd just like to apologize in advance for this next Demoralization. I was a very bad girl, but it's all Uber's fault!

Oh, she better be in pain...*sinister grin* Kidding!! I can forgive her...I think... yeah, no use dwelling on these things. *siiigghhh*

Awesome posters. I'd make some but I'm lazily focused on sigs at the moment. Keep it up!
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Here's another one...this one of our beloved FELGER!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Hmmmmm.... I think it may be more like "the fans have issues" as RCC had no problem saying last year after the big uproar over how Sam's characterization was affected by the Pete plot. All of us were supposed to buy the product they were selling without questioning anything about it....
                I think one of the things that has bothered me most about TPTB in the past few seasons is that they DO think the fans are stupid and they treat the fans as such, especially RCC who, IMO, should NEVER be let outside of Bridge Studios. They treat the fans, especially those with legitimate and serious criticisms, with contempt and disdain and they prattle on as if they have never made a mistake in Stargate world - very immature IMO, thus one of the major reasons I have lost respect and faith in most of them.

As I have said before, I have more respect for those in TV and movies, stars, as well as writers and directors, who can admit they have made mistakes and taken wrong turns with a show or with certain characters. I will point to a recent example in JJ Abrams who admitted that Alias went way off-track in S2 and they used S3 to try and bring it back to its original premise ("roots" if you will). The big difference is that JJ Abrams and the folks at Alias at least admitted it and then they did try their darndest - with the current stable of PTB at Stargate they refuse to acknowledge when things have gone awry and, even worse, they say they are going back to the "roots" of Stargate SG1 (a term they use waay too loosely these days) and they give us the crap they have spooned out so far - I see no SG1 roots - all I see is root-rot.

Comment

Here's another one...(these are too much fun):

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I'm afraid I'm one person who really doesn't like Vala at all. I wish the writers could have given CB a much better character. I think she would have been brilliant as a very gutsy soldier (no science background).

I may have a bit of a bee in my bonnet but as a professional woman struggling to be respected in a world of male engineers it annoys me no end that we get these female characters popping up within a very influential media. I don't know any female remotely like Vala and it disapoints me that the male writers have chosen to potray a female in this way. It may be taking things a tad seriously, but there you go.

If I had a daughter I would want her to be like Sam, I would not want her to be anything like Vala. The dispointing thing is, that the character could be so much more. She could still have wit and a cool demeanour without the sexual innuendo and spartan cloths.

We are supposed to see this lady as fun and cool? But she is someone who has used sexual intimacy to get something she wanted and actually stolen some poor chap's mothers necklace. I'm afraid that's not the sort of thing which should be portrayed as fun or cool!!

This may be a bit of a diatribe but that's the way it is for me. I always respected the writers of Stargate for portraying Sam the way they have, though they have slipped quite a bit with some of the female characters, on the whole they have stayed fairly respectful to women. I'm sorry but I just think the writers are taking the p here and letting their immature fantasies get the better of them!!

I would be very happy if Vala disapeared

Huff, Huff!!
                    Coley - you are not alone in your dislike of vala. The caricature makes me cringe and I would be perfectly happy if she rode off into the nearest sunset or black hole. I agree with 100% of what you said. The worst part for me is that I think they have written her horribly - I do not find her funny, nor do I find her in any way redeeming and I resent what she has made Daniel, especially when they watched the 2 innocents die and neither even gave a second glance. I am bordering on out right dislike of this season's Daniel as a result of his being chained to this mess. The only saving grace is that they have stopped messing around with Carter, but then again Carter is almost nowhere to be seen, along with Teal'c, so it is hard to guage whether they have stopped messing with Carter's character (I had a mini-stroke when I saw the scene with Barrett in the van in EDM, though, why they cannot just leave it alone is beyond me . . . ).

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      As I have said before, I have more respect for those in TV and movies, stars, as well as writers and directors, who can admit they have made mistakes and taken wrong turns with a show or with certain characters. I will point to a recent example in JJ Abrams who admitted that Alias went way off-track in S2 and they used S3 to try and bring it back to its original premise ("roots" if you will). The big difference is that JJ Abrams and the folks at Alias at least admitted it and then they did try their darndest - with the current stable of PTB at Stargate they refuse to acknowledge when things have gone awry and, even worse, they say they are going back to the "roots" of Stargate SG1 (a term they use waay too loosely these days) and they give us the crap they have spooned out so far - I see no SG1 roots - all I see is root-rot.
                      Root-rot indeed. JJ's a good guy, he knows what he's doing, and best of all, he doesn't pander to the fans whims or lose track of what his show's about. And as you said, Alias's PTB know when they've made a mistake a do try to correct it. Also I think it helps most of the original staff are there - as far as I know, I understand Gecko's no longer involved with SG1, and the producers have been changed? From imdb, I can see the producers have changed a lot? Anyway, I don't think its too late for SG1 to go back to the way it was - even without RDA.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        The second one was different and surprised me - it was a nice surprise though

Whats the thing above the 'when'?

I’d say it’s where I didn’t scrub it thoroughly enough.

Everyone did such great work on these. They are fun, aren’t they? I like Über’s “bad girl ones, plus the one with Sam and Teal’c. But I like this one most of all, because it features our Queen ready to kick butt. Good job, Kat!

Comment

And yet another...

Comment

Quick! Quick! Go to this hour's ep on Skiffy! A young Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett on SGA) is playing Katherine's boyfriend in 1945 on The Torment of Tantalus!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Ok, this one takes the cake! Wait! There's talk of cake?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                And yet another...

LMAO! Ah, man I love that one! Can I snurch it for my LJ? I'll credit ya! Pretty please???
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X