Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Its from the director series for Avatar right? Where Amanda is playing around in front of the camera
    Yup! Michael Greenburg says something like, "Oh look, A STAR!" Amanda has that deer in the headlights look then dashes behind some curtains and then sticks her head out and wears a goofy grin...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Yup! Michael Greenburg says something like, "Oh look, A STAR!" Amanda has that deer in the headlights look then dashes behind some curtains and then sticks her head out and wears a goofy grin...

Can you put up the full-size cap? It's a nice frame of Amanda.

Comment

Nope...it's more specific...like an interview with JM and another PTB...

...and they were talking about Mitchell, what role he'd play and that he'd lead the team "at least for the first few episodes..."

i *think* that joe quote if from an official stargate mag interview. maybe the newest one. i think.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          Can you put up the full-size cap? It's a nice frame of Amanda.
          Here ya go...(although the caption reads Major )

...and a link to a bigger one here: http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...atarbts_at.jpg

Last edited by Uber; 11 September 2005, 10:11 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow, looks like a lot of our fellow Samandans are defending our Queen over here now: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17191
            These are some real great posts, Samandans, kudos to all of you. I think you all deserve some blue jello.
            And I can also see that we are not the only ones who think that Sam derserves command of SG-1. Which just tells me once again, and sorry for repeating myself, that Sam is an important part of SG-1 and is needed more than ever in these uneasy and uncertain times.
            Love and Peace, and Hic Comitas Regit!!
            Last edited by Dani76; 11 September 2005, 10:35 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

does anyone know where to find amanda's short film 'Stuck'? i mean, if a trailer was released, it's got to be somewhere, right? i'd buy it now!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                does anyone know where to find amanda's short film 'Stuck'? i mean, if a trailer was released, it's got to be somewhere, right? i'd buy it now!

sally
                The movie has never been released. It was viewed at a convention a few years ago by a select group of people who won a raffle I believe, but after that it was shelved and nothing has been said about it since.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 September 2005, 04:29 AM. Reason: Poor Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave

If command of SG-1 is somehow nebulously shared by Carter & Mitchell, it's a better conflict-avoidance strategy for TPTB when dealing w/ the fandom than to come down firmly one way or another. Hence Joe Mallozzi's diplomatic circumlocutions.
                  i think being vague is the wussy way out.

question - oh, should we get sam and jack together? if we do, some will be upset. if we don't, some will be upset. what shall we do?

answer - nothing. we ignore the issue.

question - oh, who will be the leader of sg1? if it's sam, mitchell fans will be upset. if it's mitchell, sam fans will be upset. whatever shall we do?

answer - nothing. ignore the issue.

question - do you think the viewers will notice that we haven't explained what jack is doing or where he is?

answer - they might notice, but viewers have short attention spans and will forget quickly. but if they don't, we'll just ignore the issue.

question - shall we explain in detail what sam was doing while away?

answer - no. why waste screen time when we can write fun vala?

question - should we explain why sg1 disbanded?

answer - hello! ignore.

question - should we--

answer - stop asking me questions.

question - but--

answer - no.

question - bu--

answer - ignoring you.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I just posted a note on the JM thread and while I was writing it I thought of another question to ask. Unfortunately, we're only allowed one question at a time and I don't think I'll remember it by the time my currect question is answered so I thought I'd post it here and if anyone is willing to ask it for me or something similiar I'd appreciate it.

Hello Joe,

In the episode Beach Head, we learn that Sam had left the SGC and SG-1 to take on a position as head of Research and Development at Area-51 and then in EDM she, without explanation, suddenly rejoins the team of SG-1.

Can you please give us a reasonable explanation as to why Sam would be willing to take such an obvious step backwards career wise from a position as Head of R&D to that of 2IC on SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I just posted a note on the JM thread and while I was writing it I thought of another question to ask. Unfortunately, we're only allowed one question at a time and I don't think I'll remember it by the time my currect question is answered so I thought I'd post it here and if anyone is willing to ask it for me or something similiar I'd appreciate it.

Hello Joe,

In the episode Beach Head, we learn that Sam had left the SGC and SG-1 to take on a position as head of Research and Development at Area-51 and then in EDM she, without explanation, suddenly rejoins the team of SG-1.

Can you please give us a reasonable explanation as to why Sam would be willing to take such an obvious step backwards career wise from a position as Head of R&D to that of 2IC on SG-1?
                      OK I posted the question...so if anyone else posts too, PLEASE NOTE that I've quoted Kat verbatim and added a sentence to the end of it...

Comment

I have put my avs on a site so that they are easier to find: http://samavs.bravehost.com/ - will add more soon
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i think being vague is the wussy way out.

question - oh, should we get sam and jack together? if we do, some will be upset. if we don't, some will be upset. what shall we do?

answer - nothing. we ignore the issue.

question - oh, who will be the leader of sg1? if it's sam, mitchell fans will be upset. if it's mitchell, sam fans will be upset. whatever shall we do?

answer - nothing. ignore the issue.

question - do you think the viewers will notice that we haven't explained what jack is doing or where he is?

answer - they might notice, but viewers have short attention spans and will forget quickly. but if they don't, we'll just ignore the issue.

question - shall we explain in detail what sam was doing while away?

answer - no. why waste screen time when we can write fun vala?

question - should we explain why sg1 disbanded?

answer - hello! ignore.

question - should we--

answer - stop asking me questions.

question - but--

answer - no.

question - bu--

answer - ignoring you.

sally
                          A very illustrative way to say, "they think we're stupid".

I really think they must think that, or they think we're so starry-eyed we won't mind gaping plot holes, etc. (someone said this earlier in the thread and I agree). RDA always said that one thing he really hated about the TV business is how execs think the fans are stupid and give them stupid programming. I find it interesting that all this is going on to this degree right after his departure from the show.
                          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

... For the new citizens: There were two plaques, but they were very similar. The only significant difference was AT’s picture. Here’s the designer’s preference with the TV Guide pic of Amanda. I don’t have a clue what the purpose of the plaque is, but perhaps it can hang on an interior wall in the castle.

Samanda Plaque
                            Actually, don't you think it will look neat hanging on one of those beautiful wooden columns near the royal bar?! Thanks so much, SamFan31 - terrific job!

Now on to the flags! We have to rally 'round the flag, campers!

I'm glad SG1fanintn closed the bar this morning with some wise and temperate words. It ain't over 'til the fat cats at the head office are singing our song ... which is a Samelody based on eight seasons of golden oldies and future seasons of great rhythms and meaningful lyrics. If you catch my drift ....
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 September 2005, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Here ya go...(although the caption reads Major )

...and a link to a bigger one here: http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...atarbts_at.jpg

Thank you kindly.

Comment

hey guys, can you remember what the flag poll of samanda was called? or who started it?

i've been looking to find the thread but my search has come up empty

i know it's on GW somewhere.

was it posted here or in the general discussion?

any clues would be greatly appreciated
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X