Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    [/center]
    I don't know. I still can't type Uber's name correctly. It's one of the reasons I never send her PM's. I keep forgetting the darn Omlettes.
    Well you know me and Omlettes...just think of us as One True Pairing.

Yes indeed. Especially with lots of cheese...

Wait...you meant umlauts, right?

Well here's an interesting fact for all you scientifically inept folk out there. Did you know that umlauts in their truest form pass through solid matter no matter how dense?

Aw, wait a minute...that's not right either...those are Nintendos!

DOH! What was I thinking?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thankyou for posting up those great screenshots and comments Uber!

BLUE JELLO for you .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        That's the spirit. These are 3 wonderful and thoughtful posts and an awesome collage. What a great summary of everything that Sam can be and of Amanda's great talents. So, well put. If Amanda were to come by right now, she would see exactly what this great thread is all about.
        And I agree with deepspace. I always (well almost always) ask myself what Amanda would think if she were to see my posts. I want her to know how much we appreciate her and that it is her talents and brilliant performance of Sam Carter that has brought us all together in this thread in the first place. I want to show her respect as a person and I want her to know that her character is not just a character, but that it has moved and changed us in so many ways, and inspired us in our own lives.
        Amanda is doing an awesome job, putting so much of herself into the character, that I just want her to know what a difference she has made in our lives. And, I think, the best way to show her that are posts like Über's.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Qasim wrote: Thank you now maybe people will stop calling me gasim - I doubt it will stop the quasim people though - how hard is it to look at someones username and then type it out correctly?
          deepspace is guilty of the quasim offence. It's just so natural to type a U after a Q. Quantum, Queen, Quality, all have U's after the Q. In fact the only word I can think of without one is Qantas, and that's an airline.

Still, I approve of the name change. The name Qasim looks very systemlordish.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Dani76 wrote: That's the spirit. These are 3 wonderful and thoughtful posts and an awesome collage. What a great summary of everything that Sam can be and of Amanda's great talents. So, well put. If Amanda were to come by right now, she would see exactly what this great thread is all about.
            And I agree with deepspace. I always (well almost always) ask myself what Amanda would think if she were to see my posts. I want her to know how much we appreciate her and that it is her talents and brilliant performance of Sam Carter that has brought us all together in this thread in the first place. I want to show her respect as a person and I want her to know that her character is not just a character, but that it has moved and changed us in so many ways, and inspired us in our own lives.
            Amanda is doing an awesome job, putting so much of herself into the character, that I just want her to know what a difference she has made in our lives. And, I think, the best way to show her that are posts like Über's.
            Ok, I think we nead a reward for anyone who's heading along the right track, in the direction of the new snazzy cleaned up brilliant SaGC. Dani certainly is! Wonderfully written, and so true. So help yourself to some royal beans!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well you know me and Omlettes...just think of us as One True Pairing.

Yes indeed. Especially with lots of cheese...

Wait...you meant umlauts, right?

Well here's an interesting fact for all you scientifically inept folk out there. Did you know that umlauts in their truest form pass through solid matter no matter how dense?

Aw, wait a minute...that's not right either...those are Nintendos!

DOH! What was I thinking?
              Do you happen to use Jack's special recipe for omlettes ? You know the one with the eggs.
              And you were right umlauts pass through solid matter, the proof is that almost everybody here is unable to catch them and put them on the "U" when writing your name.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Okay I know I'm new around here but I was wondering if someone could explain 'Hic Comitas Regit' to me. I keeping seeing it through this thread and its really bugging me. Sorry if Im being dense or repeating a question.

As a newbie around here its really nice to come to a thread with some conversation. Im not one for long posts unfortunatley as I find it hard to get my point into words, and then usualy someone has already made the point (that and Im useless at spelling lol). However Im really enjoying reading everyones discussion and comments.

Uber I loved your review of much you enjoy the different aspects of Sam it brings back lots of good Sam memories and reminds me just how fantastic Amanda is at playing all those different aspects. Both Sam and Amanda are wonderful people in their own rights, I really wish I could be half as talanted as they are!

Comment

Welcome to Samanda Somnium! Feel free to get some Blue Jello from the royal fridge, and relax in the royal couch (kindly provided by our royal physician Lida), while you browse the library of posts in this kingdom.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

This will we the post that I use from now on to edit the birthday list.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                    January 04 DancerofSpaz
                    January 04 MajorSam
                    January 9 Queen Eleta
                    January 29 Coley [1965]
                    February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                    February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                    February 17 Strix Varia [1965]
                    February 19 sg1fanintn (1955)
                    February 21 chevron7 (1976)
                    February 26 lady jeep (1952)
                    March 7 Lida
                    March 15 Chopingal
                    March 19 Jckfan
                    March 22 Olivia
                    March 22 Lys
                    april 19 deepspace [1987]
                    may 16th majorsal [1963]
                    may? (18th?) Charlie
                    May 20 SamFan [1988]
                    June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973]
                    July 6 1speed4sam (Tony) (1960)
                    July 6 Qasim (1987)
                    July 30 Dani76
                    August 4 Tsaxlady
                    August 16 Carterslave
                    August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                    August 28 Amanda Tapping
                    August 31 SamFan31
                    September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                    October 18 Agent Dark
                    November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                    November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                    December 18 NearlyCircular
                    Last edited by deepspace; 11 September 2005, 01:26 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Welcome Somnium !
                      Hic Comitas Regit is Samanda's motto. It translates as "Kindness reigns here".
                      So don't be afraid to tell us your thoughts, and more than anything else, enjoy your time in Samanda !
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        What name are you under?
                        'Deb' in the collage (2 entries) & wallpaper section (3).
                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        dont feel bad. they misplaced all my fic subs. I know i kinda went overboard and subbed too many,but all of them were left out.

which isn't all that horrible i guess since i'm not all that fussed about winning. I just hope that at least a coupel of them make it into the book
                        I agree. For me it was more about the challenge of making them (figuring out how to make those chrome letters for Sam's name in the one wall definitely upped the 'oh cool' factor for me! ), about the opportunity to share and about the idea that AT would be able to see there are a whole big bunch of us who appreciate the depth and specialness that she has brought to Sam's character. And as someone who loves art & creativeness I love to see what everyone else entered as it gives me something to aspire to and gets the creative juices flowing!
                        and, in thier defense i do have to say that doing a contest like that isnt' a small endeavour. it's a lot of hard work and stuff happens.
                        I know it must be & that's why I'm just going to let the name thing go....
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Um, hey guys...

I was just going over the other posts, and I was wondering what you mean by posts with and without "substance?"

I always thought that it was cool that people - "elders" and "newbies," alike - could join in on the fun in the thread, without the fear of always being off-topic. I guess it always seemed that we would stray, but make it back to the main topic eventually...

Sorry, if I've taken part in the random one-liners and fluff!

Comment

yep, the icons and wallpaper by Denise are me.

and there are day when that's exactly how i feel
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              This will we the post that I use from now on to edit the birthday list.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                              January 04 DancerofSpaz
                              January 04 MajorSam
                              January 29 Coley [1965]
                              February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                              February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                              February 17 Strix Varia [1965]
                              March 7 Lida
                              March 15 Chopingal
                              March 19 Jckfan
                              March 22 Olivia
                              March 22 Lys
                              april 19 deepspace [1987]
                              may 16th majorsal [1963]
                              may? (18th?) Charlie
                              May 20 SamFan [1988]
                              June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973]
                              July 6 1speed4sam (Tony) (1960)
                              July 6 qasimjavid (1987)
                              July 30 Dani76
                              August 4 Tsaxlady
                              August 16 Carterslave
                              August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                              August 28 Amanda Tapping
                              August 31 SamFan31
                              September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                              October 18 Agent Dark
                              November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                              November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                              December 18 NearlyCircular

Mine is February 21 1976
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Spoiler:
                                And nothing against Vala or CB, but raise your hand if you'd prefer Jack back instead?
                                *raises hand quickly*

ME!

Spoiler:
                                are there other ppl in this ep besides vala? all the spoilers talked about was vala...

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X