Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    They did me too. When I submitted I told them what e-mail address to contact me at & to use my on-line name & was more than a bit surprised to see what name got up there...
    What name are you under?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      As some of you may have figured out by now, I've submitted several items to the Amanda Tapping contest. Unfortunately, they have chosen to use my first name rather than my online pseudonym for my submissions.
      They did me too. When I submitted I told them what e-mail address to contact me at & to use my on-line name & was more than a bit surprised to see what name got up there...
      Thanks to everyone who have voted for my fanart. I really appreciate it. The contest runs until October 6th and everyone can vote at least once a day. There are some really wonderful pieces of work up there that people have poured their hearts into for Amanda. I know there are many people from this thread who have submitted something to the contest. In the end, it doesn't really matter who wins or losses, it's about showing Amanda how much we truly adore her. So regardless of who you vote for, please take a moment to show your love for Amanda.

Kat( ForeverSG1 )
      Yep. It's all from the heart and that's what's important.

(((Kat)))
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

dont feel bad. they misplaced all my fic subs. I know i kinda went overboard and subbed too many,but all of them were left out.

which isn't all that horrible i guess since i'm not all that fussed about winning. I just hope that at least a coupel of them make it into the book

and, in thier defense i do have to say that doing a contest like that isnt' a small endeavour. it's a lot of hard work and stuff happens.

if they put something up wrong, try telling them, i'm sure they'll do what they can to fix it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          Very well then
          I approve of your change of name ... "Qasim" is so much more befitting a "Goa'uld Lord" ... I can picture you standing there in your flowing robes, arms folded across chest, and your eyes glowing!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I approve of your change of name ... "Qasim" is so much more befitting a "Goa'uld Lord" ... I can picture you standing there in your flowing robes, arms folded across chest, and your eyes glowing!
            Thank you now maybe people will stop calling me gasim - I doubt it will stop the quasim people though - how hard is it to look at someones username and then type it out correctly?

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Relationsips for Sam - Pete, Jack, Thor, Faxon, Colson, Orlin, Narim, Barret, yadda etc et al....

Sorry to answer this question so long after many of you, but I had to wait for Aris Boch to get here with his zat-repelling suit/armor deal.

Like the rest of you, I want Sam to be happy. It seems she wants a relationship. Happy endings don't always *have* to involve wedding bells, but if a character expresses a desire for it, then that is one possibility of a happy ending for that character.

For the time being, I see her main ship being the SGC. To me, she seems the most 'in her element', as it were, saving the world, obtaining advanced technology, and adding to the body count of dead bad guys.

The requirements of the SGC are pretty all-consuming. In Daniel's words, "lousy hours, constant peril". Relationships take TIME and brainspace that I just don't see her having at this point. Its not like relationships come easily for her (or anyone, I dare say) - she'd have to put considerable energy into making it work and I just don't see that happening with the requirements of her CALLING.

And that's the thing - the Stargate program is not a job, its a calling. And it*might* be really hard - even for dear Sam - to heed TWO calls, one from the SGC and one from a love interest. And I think if she were to try she wouldn't be happy. Even if she got the most unconditionally loving understanding guy in the galaxy, would there be enough of a relationship for Sam? Its my personal opinion that cramming a relationship between the huge requirements of her calling is not going to be enough; in the end, the needs of the galaxy will call and she will HAVE to answer. The relationship will always have to be number two.

That is not to say that if she becomes General Carter and commander of the base that she might turn her interests to more personal things.

That's just my take on one possibility of how things could play out.

I'm ready for your ship/anti-ship zats, your ship colt .25s, desert eagles, oh, and I can't forget the Glock (my personal favorite). Let 'er rip!
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Thank you now maybe people will stop calling me gasim - I doubt it will stop the quasim people though - how hard is it to look at someones username and then type it out correctly?
                LOL - I get that with my RL name all the time. Butchered from here to Ne'tu. But whenever I type a Q my brain automatically WANTS to put a U in there. So forgive me ahead of time because I probably will do it. Not from lack of respect but for lack of caffeine, brain cells, food, sleep, or chocolate.
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Hey y'all, it's me again! Listen, If I don't post I'm either to busy, or just lurking. I'll come by as much as I can, for posting "stuff" or just lookin' at posts. BTW I made a story for Amanda, it's why I think she's such a great person.

You may comment me if ya like, yes even ZAT me if ya don't like it.

The note for Amanda is fitted in the story (I added the note as a part of the story). I'm gonna send it to the Amanda Contest site before October 7, it's part of an appreciation book for her.

Have Fun

Daivy

If anyone wanna read it, send me an e-mail with Amanda story (I can't make it small enough to let it fit in the add attachment. Not even with no pics, color and smaller lettertypes.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    But whenever I type a Q my brain automatically WANTS to put a U in there.
                    Your lucky you have that zat-repelling suit/armor
                    love Torri

Comment

I did see I can post the story for her by copying the story to here, enjoy !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flowers for Amanda

Somewhere in a flower shop in Belgium

SA = Shop Assistant
                      C = Customer

SA: Hello Sir, how can I help you?
                      C: Hey, uh may I ask if it’s possible for the customer to pick his own bouquet of flowers, to create one not made by your staff?
                      SA: Yes Sir, we give the customers that opportunity. How should your bouquet of flowers look like?
                      C: Well, let’s see, it’s for a special woman, not for my wife.
                      A red rose, to show her love for her newborn daughter, husband, other family members and fans. An orange flower, her favourite colour. A yellow one, to know she can be people’s sunshine in the rain, even when she’s only smiling. Also a pink one, for being the funny, and great humour full woman (I mean angel) that she is. Don’t forget blue, for her calmness and great wisdom and purple for the mysterious part of her. Oh, don’t forget green Sir, she loves the nature and it’s animals.
                      White! If you don’t mind, also give me a white one, for the brave and courage full person she is.
                      You, uh, also got paper flowers?
                      SA: Yes we have Sir. Which flower you prefer?
                      C: I like the yellow ones. Oh add also a gold coloured one please. Gold stands for the Angel she truly is.
                      SA: Will that be all Sir?
                      C: No, I’d like to write a card too, if you don’t mind.
                      SA: Of course not Sir. Here’s the card, write on it what you want.
                      C: Thank you. (Starts to write):

Amanda,

Here in Belgium, I sometimes see that singers/ music groups, get flowers after their performance. Cause you’re so far away from me, I can’t give them personally. So, in this way, these (imaginary) flowers, are for you, cause:

a) You’re my favourite actress
                      b) Your still my “Miss Canada”
                      c) Your acting, isn’t seen by a lot of good movie makers there in the States, cause I’m thinking, oh please give Amanda at least 1 Oscar, she disserves it! And select here for a great Hollywood movie. Sadly no one knows that your so talented. So, here’s to you Amanda

[IMG][/IMG] 3 Oscars!

d) Your going to be a great mommy, and Olivia and Alan are two really, really lucky people.

Greetings,

Daivy Deglin
                      Belgium
                      [IMG][/IMG]

C: My card’s ready Sir, how much do I have to pay?
                      SA: One second Sir ... . That’ll be 4.15 Euro please.
                      C: Here you are Sir!
                      SA: Thank you, have a nice day further!
                      C: Yeah, you to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Completely offtopic but see http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post4489522
                        love Torri

Comment

Well, I notice that you've already seen this:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...scrusade.shtml

and that everyone else had the same reaction that I did when I logged in this afternoon. But then, I sat back a moment and thought about what WASN'T MENTIONED....and WHY TPTB might have done that. Here are some fairly positive thoughts on the subject:

Spoiler:

1. Crusade will be paired with Camelot as the season finale. Two big episodes; plenty of storylines. So far, they've only told us about two--Vala's and Landry/Chekov. There must be additional storylines not mentioned.

2. They tell us things to keep us talking and worried. This sure did it for us, didn't it? No mention of Sam. No mention of Teal'c. No mention of S/J. Very little mention even of Cam and Daniel.....except as it relates to Vala.

My conclusion: there's a lot more being planned than meets the eye! Now, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Spoiler:
                            2. They tell us things to keep us talking and worried. This sure did it for us, didn't it? No mention of Sam. No mention of Teal'c. No mention of S/J. Very little mention even of Cam and Daniel.....except as it relates to Vala.

My conclusion: there's a lot more being planned than meets the eye! Now, what do you think?
                            You make a good point

But all they have done by just talking about one character is annoy us
                            love Torri

Comment

May I bring the following concern to the attention of all Samandans? As the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta, it's expected of me to be blunt so I might be the only person who could post this and get away with it...

I love the fact that we have a bunch of new people posting on this thread. It's exciting to see new friends who appreciate how wonderful a character Samantha Carter really is and how brilliantly she is portrayed by Amanda Tapping. Please continue to visit and post your thoughts!

However, I've also noticed that there has been a distinct lack of substance in many posts and as a result, I fear that many of the elders don't care to respond or post their thoughts. I haven't seen AstroG around in ages and barely see Strix or ChopinGal...to name a few...

I know that I hadn't been compelled to post here for awhile because it looked as though there was nothing substantive being discussed and I know of several others that feel the same.

And it's not that a one sentence response or post isn't sometimes necessary or warranted...I sometimes do that as do others...but when there are pages and pages of fluff and drivel, I know several people here tell me personally that they find it off-putting.

So...basically my request is that we return to the level of posts we had before. All are welcome to post their thoughts and feelings...but let's keep the conversation substantive!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                Guess I'm not Samanda's Royal Physician anymore.....I knew I wasn't posting enough. (slowly walks off into the sunset, head down, wiping a single tear from her eye)

HIC COMITAS REGIT
                                Lida, you are most definitely still the Royal Physician! As you may not have noticed, this is merely the birthday post, not the royal positions post, and if you weren't on it before it was probably because you hadn't given me your birthdate before. I try, but I can't manage to independantly research everyone's date of birth, and this is the primary reason why I'm bringing this up again. So a message to all Smandans, if you want your birthday on the list, say so! Because if you don't, chances are you won't get on the list. Sometimes I stumble across these details in profile's, but I don't make a habit of regularly checking profile's, so help me out here .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X