Wit and wisdom from those who cared
    Samandans old, Samandans new
    Had things to say that rang true

Even though some of the Court are missing
    It's good to see the thread still listening
    To each other without causing pain
    Kindness and support do reign!

Here's to Royal Videographer
    Can she soon be award-winning cinematographer?
    And don't forget our poets and scribes
    Go vote for them, keep Samandan hopes alive

We elders may be behind the scene
    But are happy when Samandans earn their beans
    Playfulness from days of yore
    May yet return to Samandan shores

So here's my song, my little ditty
    I must be off and leave our fair city
    Real life calls me beyond Samanda's gate
    Alas, alack ... I can't be late

Just to know that our collection
    Seems to have arrived at its destination
    The book delivered to the Studio's door
    The week of our fair Queen's birth du jour

Perfect timing, don't you think?
    With that, I'll flee and give a wink!

Jester
    Yay for the great poem jester . Your poetry is one of the many things that has been missing from the kingdom of late.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Awesome work, Deepspace. I have no talent in that area whatsoever, so you definitely impressed me!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Amanda's just a doll. What a delightfully quirky sense of humor...a perfect mix of goofiness and graciousness...

Now for the anti-character threads. I don't mind the idea of a thread where you talk about minor or recurring characters and say things that you don't necessarily appreciate or whatever...and generally only if the criticism is constructive. I think on the anti-Vala one I posted one message where I said that I wanted them to add more dimensions to the character...give her more depth...which they started to do in The Powers that Be and Beachhead...but that I couldn't see her character being sustainable for the series without really sanding down the rough spots. Like Felger. As much as I adore Felger...and I'm sure they said this in the commentaries...he's meant as a once in a while kind of character that could not be maintained as a regular. Again, both of these characters are not leads.

But when we're talking about a lead character, the idea of having an anti character thread rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I'm not a huge Jackson fan...*cough*...but I couldn't IMAGINE posting on an anti-Daniel thread. I am somewhat amused by the fact that Carter's biggest sin seems to be she's too perfect...perfect scientist, warrior, etc. Oh but wait, she's also the town idiot who can't do anything right. Whatever.

Which brings me back to Amanda's character and the traits that attract us all to her...and the very theme of Samanda...Kindness Reigns Here. Kindness. We can all talk about what we love about Sam and what we don't love.

We can discuss and joke about ship...what we like or don't like or wish or don't wish without it devolving into a ridiculous sparring match. I can play with Tsaxlady and Agent Dark who are non-shippers because they know that I'm being silly. I don't have to nor want to make them see things my way.

We can discuss Sam's strengths and weaknesses. We can talk about some of her mistakes and talk about how they fit what we know of her personality.

May I make a request that we return to those days? That we talk about these things about the character we love and the actress we adore in this open and accepting environment???

With the thought above all else that KINDNESS REIGNS HERE.

Oh...by the way...I want to let you all know that I'm working on a website for Samanda...so we're not crammed on one little thread...we'll be able to openly share pictures and stories and videos...it'll be swell and a COMPLETELY Amanda/Sam friendly environment (no anti anything).

So...please go to my site (it's just kinda like a cover page for now)...and sign up for updates!!!

http://www.uberamandafan.com

AND if you haven't voted for my video, then like, please do, mmmkay?

Great post!!! And this site sounds very promising. But what will happen to this thread on Gateworld if we were to all up and leave? I mean, I know that Samanda is a flying city like Atlantis, but wouldn't that leave a gaping hole on this forum. There would only be anti Sam threads left to rule the planet.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
          Awesome work, Deepspace. I have no talent in that area whatsoever, so you definitely impressed me!
          Er, methinks you might be mixing me with someone else. Deepspace has never done anything impressive. Plus, she's not quite sure what you're reffering to...
          So perhaps you'd like to redirect that compliment to one of our wonderfully talented Samandans.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, so I've been thinking about all the things that feel like they're missing from this thread.
            First and foremost, Blue jello. This culinary delight used to be served around in regular doses, I admit, mostly by astro. Which leads me to astro. There was once a time when there was barely a page that went by without a post from astro. You were a very big part of this thread, keeper, and I know you're busy, and feel that you need to catch up, but maybe the catching up can come later, and meanwhile you could just join in?
            And in the old days we used to give awards, usually in the form of Beans. Majorsam, as our pressie, was mostly responsible for this. When you get back we all want to hear about your travels through the stargate and acting with maybourne, ok? And then of course there was our bean counter, or RA (royal accountant) Coley. The Oh Yeah What Say newspaper has been out of print for some time.
            Overall, we are missing a lot of the fundamental Sam discussion, that used to come in brilliance and diversity. We're getting a bit of that now, and I'd join in except my longest posts seem to be the ones that the forum decides to eat, so it's a little discouraging to lose almost half an hours worth of writing in a couple of seconds. (Must get into the habit of writing in a separate document, says Deepspace writing this straight into the gateworld posting box).
            I think we're getting some of the artistic and creative enthusiasm that we used to get with the SaGC collection, this time with the AT contest. But we could do with more.
            Anyone else who can remember things that we used to do regularly, little Samandan traditions, that seem to have fizzled out?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Have been having a good look at the contest website. Too many wallpapers to choose from, including some pretty classy ones by Kat, and some great ones from sky. There's a lot of creative stuff on there. I have to say though, there's some particularly NOT flattering drawings of Sam there. Uber is still in the lead in the video section . No big surprise there though.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                my longest posts seem to be the ones that the forum decides to eat, so it's a little discouraging to lose almost half an hours worth of writing in a couple of seconds. (Must get into the habit of writing in a separate document, says Deepspace writing this straight into the gateworld posting box).
                Before clicking the submiy button press ctrl+a and then ctrl+c this will copy your text to the clipboard if the post gets eaten click the quick reply button and press ctrl+v and your post will magically appear

*off to read AT contest fics*
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I'm bringing this up again, because it's been a while since we updated, with all the new members. And I just discovered qas's birthday, and shock!!! he's younger than me by a couple of months??? Howso? I had you pegged down as at least in your twenties.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                  January 04 DancerofSpaz
                  January 04 MajorSam
                  January 29 Coley [1965]
                  February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                  February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                  February 17 Strix Varia [1965]
                  March 7 Lida
                  March 15 Chopingal
                  March 19 Jckfan
                  March 22 Olivia
                  March 22 Lys
                  april 19 deepspace [1987]
                  may 16th majorsal [1963]
                  may? (18th?) Charlie
                  May 20 SamFan [1988]
                  June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973]
                  July 6 1speed4sam (Tony) (1960)
                  July 6 qasimjavid (1987)
                  July 30 Dani76
                  August 4 Tsaxlady
                  August 16 Carterslave
                  August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                  August 28 Amanda Tapping
                  August 31 SamFan31
                  September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                  October 18 Agent Dark
                  November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                  November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                  December 18 NearlyCircular
                  Last edited by deepspace; 08 September 2005, 02:44 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I have to say though, there's some particularly NOT flattering drawings of Sam there.
                    Some of those are just BAD!!
                    And I just discovered qas's birthday, and shock!!! he's younger than me by a couple of months??? Howso? I had you pegged down as at least in your twenties.
                    *evil laughter*

I love that song Agent Dark
                    I see trees of green, red roses too
                    I see them bloom for me and you
                    And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
                    Strix's is a long one - but I will get round to it eventually
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

March 22 Olivia
                      Olivia? Are you, by any chance the Olivia who made the Sam vid, Les Yeux Revolver?
                      "Cause if you are, if is fantastic! - but it really should be in the shipper section.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

my quibble with pete following sam is, well you don't just park outside a military base, especialy one full of classified stuff. and even if you do (i happen to know that cheyenne mountain is right by a highway, so not condusive to parking) he just happened to follow a white van? if so, we'd have to presume that sam was driving because he couldn't see in the back

i mean, i suppose it's possible, but it is highly unlikely. too many 'what if's' fall into place
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          Olivia? Are you, by any chance the Olivia who made the Sam vid, Les Yeux Revolver?
                          "Cause if you are, if is fantastic! - but it really should be in the shipper section.
                          Er, no, that's Olivia, as in OLIVIA! Amanda's daughter .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            AD said: Yeah, that was my thought too.
                            Spoiler:
                            We have a season finale here, and it involves babies... Seriously, leave the pregnancy stuff for the daytime soaps...
                            I don't mind Vala coming back, and the build up of the Ori Fleet sounds pretty cool - but seriously. Babies?!?! Guh.

And nothing against Vala or CB, but raise your hand if you'd prefer Jack back instead?

------

And that's the thing...
                            Spoiler:
                            I like babies. They can be cute sometimes. But a season finale is MUCH too action-packed and intense, and are really just no place for BABIES. The Ori intensity is reminiscent of Season One's season finale, so if that's what they were going for, fantastic. It sounds good. But... *choke* an immaculate (Ori?) conception for the most sexually promiscuous pirate on this side of the Universe? Sheesh. I wouldn't be able to handle it if they did that to SAM, FCOL, let alone anyone else!!!

Also, I'd take both Vala and Jack and a handful of *gulp* Sam/Jack shipless scenes over this at the moment. Come February, I'll be singing a different tune. But for the moment, I'm gonna whine. Oh, and I don't think this has ANYTHING to do with CB/Vala (she's just too "fun to write for"), because Jack coming back is a moot point anyway.

Oy. Time for some sleep ...
                            Poor, frazzled spaz ... believe me ... I just read the "first GW Spoilers" too about the grand finale for S9 and I'm not finding much to cheer about.

After one whole season with the Priors and Orii, I will feel like I've been reconverted to a new religion, compliments of TPTB and the writers. It seems a bit much to me ... the stuff of myth can be exciting and intriguing but there seems to be a fine line here between a collection of biblical doctrine and this hybrid storyline and it makes me uncomfortable at times. "Miracle workers in the desert" and, now
                            Spoiler:
                            "the Immaculate Conception"?! At least we know there won't be a virgin giving birth ...

Sadly, I don't believe we will really see Sam come into her own until S10.
                            But I'm willing to wait ...

Comment

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but season9 isn't sounding so good.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Have been having a good look at the contest website. Too many wallpapers to choose from, including some pretty classy ones by Kat, and some great ones from sky. There's a lot of creative stuff on there. I have to say though, there's some particularly NOT flattering drawings of Sam there. Uber is still in the lead in the video section . No big surprise there though.
                                As some of you may have figured out by now, I've submitted several items to the Amanda Tapping contest. Unfortunately, they have chosen to use my first name rather than my online pseudonym for my submissions.

However, I did want to inform everyone that the handdrawn picture that has been submitted under the name Katrina is not mine. Honestly I wish I could claim this drawing as one of my own, but my drawing skills are very similar to Sam's.

Thanks to everyone who have voted for my fanart. I really appreciate it. The contest runs until October 6th and everyone can vote at least once a day. There are some really wonderful pieces of work up there that people have poured their hearts into for Amanda. I know there are many people from this thread who have submitted something to the contest. In the end, it doesn't really matter who wins or losses, it's about showing Amanda how much we truly adore her. So regardless of who you vote for, please take a moment to show your love for Amanda.

Kat( ForeverSG1 )

Comment

Working...
                                X