No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, for the record: 2010 was undeniably shippy. But it was also SUPREMELY team-shippy. I like thinking of this episode as COMPLETELY off-base and WRONG, as someone put it. When SG-1 isn't together, the world is doomed.

Oh yeah. Thanks. That reminds me:

One Forgotten Member of The "Not Good Enough For Sam Carter" List:

Joe Faxon - intellectual; but incredibly spineless. Unacceptable.

Comment

BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR "CRUSADE" BELOW, as reported by GW:

Spoiler:
      Daniel Jackson and SG-1 are stunned when Vala Mal Doran (Claudia Black) makes contact with them from the distant Ori home galaxy, where she has been living safe and sound these past several months. Vala was pulled into an intergalactic wormhole in the act of thwarting the Ori's attempt to create a planet-sized Stargate for their invasion ("Beachhead").

Vala makes contact using an Ancient long-range communication device, which links her to Daniel. She remains in the village where she now lives, but can speak to the team through Daniel. In this way she tells them what has happened to her, and informs them about the Ori's impending invasion ... and her own mysterious pregnancy.

After being pulled through the wormhole Vala ended up on a planet populated by followers of the Ori. She was found unconscious by Tomin, a lame man with a kind and gentle soul, who cared for her. The two were eventually married, and she soon found herself pregnant -- though, inexplicably, not by sexual union.

But Vala has been forced to keep her feelings about the Ori to herself, as Tomin and the rest of the village are devout followers who are helping to build the Ori's invasion fleet. Denya is a local bar maiden and harlot, and the two have struck up a friendship. But the local barkeep and her employer, Seevis, is a powerful man who metes out punishment due to those who stray from the path of the Ori.

Elsewhere, General Landry makes a discovery about one of the S.G.C.'s closest allies: the Russians. He confronts Colonel Chekov (Garry Chalk) about his plans to manipulate other nations to his own advantage.

Through her connection with Daniel, Vala tells General Landry and SG-1 that the Ori's followers are building ships and armies by the tens of thousands. It is just as they feared: since Daniel first met them, they have been amassing a great force for a crusade against Earth and our galaxy. And the latest recruit to the holy war is Vala's husband, Tomin.

Tomin is overjoyed when a Prior heals his leg, and believes that the Ori have smiled upon him because of his compassion toward Vala. As a cripple he has always been a second-class citizen, and is thrilled that he has been not only healed but also conscripted as a warrior of the Ori. Vala genuinely cares for the man, but is gravely dismayed by his eagerness to travel millions of lightyears to slaughter innocent millions in the name of the Ori.

But in speaking with Denya, Vala has eventually learned that even among these people, seemingly the most devout followers of the Ori, there is an anti-Ori resistance movement. Denya is a member. And Seevis himself, who tortures Vala by depriving her of food and water for days to try and learn her true feelings about the Ori, is the movement's leader. His religious zeal is just a cover.

Now, the anti-Ori movement is undertaking an ambitious plan to destroy the Ori's new fleet. In an upcoming demostration that will see the Priors activate ten ships in a show of strength, they hope to cause a chain reaction that will destroy them all.

It was at this point, Vala says, that she revealed to them who she is and where she came from. Seevis then shared a discovery with her: the Ancient communications device she is now using.

Will the underground plot against the Ori succeed ... or is an unstoppable fleet on its way to the Milky Way Galaxy even now? Can Vala find a way to return home? What of her child? And when the Priors turn the increasingly fanatical Tomin against his wife, will she survive at all?

Guest characters include Vala Mal Doran (Claudia Black), Tomin, Seevis, Denya, Colonel Chekov, and Halstrom (a villager).

Comment

I'm stunned.

And not in a good way.

OK... breathe...

Spaz = Patience. Spaz = Serenity. Spaz = Grace. Spaz = Wisdom.

*inhale*

*exhale*

OK.

Spoiler:
        WTH?!?! I have no doubt that this will be a beautiful episode, because it's the season finale and I'll be delirious with glee and anticipation. plus, TPTB never fail to impress me during this time of year, because they do pump out some brilliant stuff. But honestly... Wha? What in the name of all that is blue and watery possessed them to do this? Can anyone say, "Sha're 2.0?"

Hmmm... So many thoughts, so few ways to articulate them.

THANKS A LOT, SALLY!!!!

Comment

Sha're 2.0.

LOL

That's priceless Spazmeister.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Agent_Dark had the audacity to say: Perhaps if you weren't weighed down by the ship...

That's it.

*grabs shipper glock*

I'm not one to turn to violence - especially with guns - but you've crossed the line, pal!

*shoots Sam/Jack shippy scenes, fic, vids and music in AD's general direction*

Take that.
            Hehe
            *grabs non-shipper Colt .45*

Its on!

Comment

This is what happens when a spaz is fatigued, confused and mildly irate. All emotions grow exponentially and all decency is shot to Netu.

WARNING: Do not shake Spaz when under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                I'm stunned.

And not in a good way.
                Yeah, that was my thought too.
                Spoiler:
                We have a season finale here, and it involves babies... Seriously, leave the pregnancy stuff for the daytime soaps...
                I don't mind Vala coming back, and the build up of the Ori Fleet sounds pretty cool - but come on. Babies?!?! Guh.

And nothing against Vala or CB, but raise your hand if you'd prefer Jack back instead?

Comment

AD said: Yeah, that was my thought too.
                  Spoiler:
                  We have a season finale here, and it involves babies... Seriously, leave the pregnancy stuff for the daytime soaps...
                  I don't mind Vala coming back, and the build up of the Ori Fleet sounds pretty cool - but seriously. Babies?!?! Guh.

And nothing against Vala or CB, but raise your hand if you'd prefer Jack back instead?

------

And that's the thing...
                  Spoiler:
                  I like babies. They can be cute sometimes. But a season finale is MUCH too action-packed and intense, and are really just no place for BABIES. The Ori intensity is reminiscent of Season One's season finale, so if that's what they were going for, fantastic. It sounds good. But... *choke* an immaculate (Ori?) conception for the most sexually promiscuous pirate on this side of the Universe? Sheesh. I wouldn't be able to handle it if they did that to SAM, FCOL, let alone anyone else!!!

Also, I'd take both Vala and Jack and a handful of *gulp* Sam/Jack shipless scenes over this at the moment. Come February, I'll be singing a different tune. But for the moment, I'm gonna whine. Oh, and I don't think this has ANYTHING to do with CB/Vala (she's just too "fun to write for"), because Jack coming back is a moot point anyway.

Oy. Time for some sleep...

Comment

Who would be the best match for Sam in a relationship ?
                    Hmm, I'm scratching my head after all the good posts on the subject.
                    I think majorsal said that she liked happy endings. I do too. But why does happy ending always imply a wedding ?
                    Seriously, I can't think of any of the guys of the Stargate universe as a good match for Sam.

Jack, like one of you said as this "lunatic fringe" part going on. Sam knows by her experience with Jonas Hanson where this is going to bring her: failure of the relationship. She was seeking after a long term engagement, not a hot, passionate and doomed one. After Grace, Sam wanted to experience love and caring on a long term. She was thinking wedding more than anything else, security and family. How is she going to feel secure with someone who turns himself from the world rather than acknowledge his feelings ?

Pete, nice guy but really too conventional for Sam. Besides, he doesn't fit in the Stargate universe. I wonder how this whole story would have turned out if Pete had been another SG team member.

Maybe I'd think of Barrett for Sam, but only if he had a wilder personality as soon as he's out of his "man in black" suit of NID agent.
                    Sam needs someone whith whom she can share excitment upon a discovery, someone who's on the same intellectual level as her. And I'm not thinking Daniel because he's too single minded in his relationships. We all know how it turned out with Sarah.

The more I think about it, the more I can't see Sam in a happy relationship. She's too dedicated to her work. Playing with alien technology and saving the universe is what makes her happy. Maybe it's my non-shipper side, but Sam seemed to me happier when she was alone, before Chimera. So I vote for Sam with lots of friends but no ship for her.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      you might think that my sam/jack preference is leading my interpretations (prob is), but if the writers had *really* wanted to move away from the s/j relay and given sam someone she would be with for the rest of her life - pete wouldn't cut it. sam needs that you-take-my-breath-away reaction (like every single person out there wants).

sally
                      Your right Pete wouldnt have been right for her

I think that a long-term relationship with Pete would have been difficult - if she was just working on a classified project it would be different but with her travelling half way across the galaxy into danger every week I cant see Pete being happy about that or being able to understand why she does it

For example it may be dangerous but the thrill is probably astronomical (pardon the pun)

For example in Rising - when Shep asks what going through the gate is like:

SHEPPARD: What's it feel like?
                      FORD: Hurts like hell sir. *after a minute grins and dives through backward* Woohoo!!

Also Pete would never be able to understand some of the most pivotal moments in Sams life such as Death Knell etc.

(just realising that this doesnt make much sense and has probably been said numerous times before )
                      Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
                      Fantastic
                      Originally posted by Skydiver
                      show wise, i dunno, agent Barrett? Cameron if you'd tack on about 5 years and lose the 'she's a member of my dream team' attitude
                      I think she is flattered by agent Barrett - but I dont think there is really anything between them and I cant see it happening - as for Cameron remember the cousins vibe that someone brought up
                      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      She isn't prancing around the show with perfect hair, a mini skirt and high heel shoes pretending to be a soldier or scientist.
                      Thinks parody
                      Originally posted by majorsal
                      sally, disappointed....
                      same here
                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Spoiler:
                      *Raises both hands*
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Was Gateworld wonky for anyone else last night? I had four attempts at posting a lengthy reply to one of sky's posts (and yes, silly me was writing direct into the post window instead of in a separate document, so lost it each time), and it either ate my post, or logged me out. Then ten minutes after that I was getting fatal error messages for the gateworld forum url.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                          One question... who's the girl watching the tv? (Hope you don't mind me asking?)
                          Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Looks like Angelina Jolie to me
                          Who's Angelina Jolie? An actress?

*dissapointed*
                          Deepspace was thinking that maybe it was a cameo appearance of our Uber.

And Mary Beth, guess what song's been occupying my head for the past 24 hours, and it's all your fault!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            Who's Angelina Jolie? An actress?
                            I am surprised you dont know who she is - she is a Hollywood Actress:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

yah, I've just failed my fifth attempt at replying to a brilliant post by sky. Ok, I get the message, my reply is just NOT meant to be.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                                I am surprised you dont know who she is - she is a Hollywood Actress:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/
                                oh.

Well, um, I'm the one who when asked by a someone a while back "what actors do you like?" could only reply with Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davies, Teryl Rothery, Corin Nemec, and a bunch of other Stargate actors and LOTR actors etc... In fact, I didn't even know who Johnny Depp was a month ago, and according to one person apparently that is a big crime.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X