Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    as to sam being 'too smart'....hey they're all too smart. is it practical for daniel to know every single langage they come across? or for teal'c to always know 'an old jaffa legend'?

it's called plot device.

same thing with sam. quite often seh knows the biology, astronomry or whatever other 'onomy' they need for her to know simply because it's eaier to use her (or any other regular) than it is to hire an extra
    Ples shes a 'Theoretical' Astrophysicist - Theoretical can mean anything you want it to mean
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

A brief interlude, time for a pic!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...-bluejello.jpg

ROFLMAO - thanks for the laugh Lida
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally Posted by jckfan55
          Had to check out the anti-Sam thread. Interesting that their biggest complaint seems to be that she's too smart and accomplished for her age and looks too good. I could think of worse things to be accused of. Jeepers, they're *all* heroes, of course they're the best in their fields. It's not like the SGC is going to hire incompetents. And it's tv so of course they're all attractive. As brilliant as Sam and Daniel are I'm sure they finished their PhDs quicker than average.
          Anyway--SAM IS GREAT!
          Ironic that this is often one of the biggest complaints about Sam, but one of the most endearing of Daniel's traits. People seem to feel that languages can be a more intuitive discipline, while astrophysics and technology must be learned and memorized tediously. Hard sciences are just as intuitive a field of study, often times more so. It depends upon the individual.

And I'm always surprised at the complaint that either Daniel or Sam are too well versed in other areas. I'm interested in everything. Hell, I went to school for business, english, and art history. How's that for a combo? That either of them are knowledgeable in other areas is hardly surprising given their intelligence and experience.

The fact of the matter is, there are extraordiary folks out there. People who are way, way smarter than everyone else, people who are good at just about everything do actually exist. That the SGC (or at least Catherine Langford) has gone out of its way to find them makes perfect sense. It's what I'd do.

And I'll never get those that hold a person's looks against them, one way or the other. That Sam's beauty is now being used against her only illustrates how little substance there actually is to the complaints leveled at the character. I guess that now the goal is to avoid being either too ugly or too pretty. Incredible.

Comment

GREAT caption! And might I add my .0000002 - of COURSE its blue jello - AT don't NEED no stinkin' makeup.
            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
              AT don't NEED no stinkin' makeup.
              So whats with the lipstick?
              love Torri

Comment

loads of women who dont need make up wear it for some strange reason

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  So whats with the lipstick?
                  ok - so she don't need no MORE stinkin' makeup

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

I quite like the AT contest banner - http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68.../Stuff/top.jpg

Heres a link to my new Livejournal if anybody wants a read - http://www.livejournal.com/users/qasimjavid/
                    love Torri

Comment

ROFL!!

Seriously, SG needs a dvd made entirely up of outtakes, bloopers and behind the scenes.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Djboobwack
                        So last night about 3am in the morning.. I was watching the 'behind the scene's with Amanda Tapping' from season 5.. I have to say.. Amanda is one goody gal

Love it!
                        Amanda's just a doll. What a delightfully quirky sense of humor...a perfect mix of goofiness and graciousness...

Now for the anti-character threads. I don't mind the idea of a thread where you talk about minor or recurring characters and say things that you don't necessarily appreciate or whatever...and generally only if the criticism is constructive. I think on the anti-Vala one I posted one message where I said that I wanted them to add more dimensions to the character...give her more depth...which they started to do in The Powers that Be and Beachhead...but that I couldn't see her character being sustainable for the series without really sanding down the rough spots. Like Felger. As much as I adore Felger...and I'm sure they said this in the commentaries...he's meant as a once in a while kind of character that could not be maintained as a regular. Again, both of these characters are not leads.

But when we're talking about a lead character, the idea of having an anti character thread rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I'm not a huge Jackson fan...*cough*...but I couldn't IMAGINE posting on an anti-Daniel thread. I am somewhat amused by the fact that Carter's biggest sin seems to be she's too perfect...perfect scientist, warrior, etc. Oh but wait, she's also the town idiot who can't do anything right. Whatever.

Which brings me back to Amanda's character and the traits that attract us all to her...and the very theme of Samanda...Kindness Reigns Here. Kindness. We can all talk about what we love about Sam and what we don't love.

We can discuss and joke about ship...what we like or don't like or wish or don't wish without it devolving into a ridiculous sparring match. I can play with Tsaxlady and Agent Dark who are non-shippers because they know that I'm being silly. I don't have to nor want to make them see things my way.

We can discuss Sam's strengths and weaknesses. We can talk about some of her mistakes and talk about how they fit what we know of her personality.

May I make a request that we return to those days? That we talk about these things about the character we love and the actress we adore in this open and accepting environment???

With the thought above all else that KINDNESS REIGNS HERE.

Oh...by the way...I want to let you all know that I'm working on a website for Samanda...so we're not crammed on one little thread...we'll be able to openly share pictures and stories and videos...it'll be swell and a COMPLETELY Amanda/Sam friendly environment (no anti anything).

So...please go to my site (it's just kinda like a cover page for now)...and sign up for updates!!!

http://www.uberamandafan.com

AND if you haven't voted for my video, then like, please do, mmmkay?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          I quite like the AT contest banner - http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68.../Stuff/top.jpg
                          I think the banner is great too! I entered a poem in the contest. It's under the 'musings' heading. Be warned...it's SHIPPY!!! You are allowed to vote once a day, if anyone's interested. Thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            We can discuss and joke about ship...what we like or don't like or wish or don't wish without it devolving into a ridiculous sparring match. I can play with Tsaxlady and Agent Dark who are non-shippers because they know that I'm being silly. I don't have to nor want to make them see things my way.
                            We can highlight your sig and see 'I'm a Sam/Jack Shipper!'
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              ROFL!!

Seriously, SG needs a dvd made entirely up of outtakes, bloopers and behind the scenes.
                              I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                I think the banner is great too! I entered a poem in the contest. It's under the 'musings' heading. Be warned...it's SHIPPY!!! You are allowed to vote once a day, if anyone's interested. Thanks.
                                Vote registered I liked the following bit
                                In Emancipation Sam showed her class
                                She was kidnapped, but she kicked a$$!
                                I'm sure if Jack had to confess
                                All he'd remember is THE blue dress!
                                It seems your winning

Theres also one by ForeverSG1 called Stargate Prayer - I will vote for that tomorrow
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X