Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
    Favorite moments? I love when she's explaining to Jack exactly what a wormhole is and completely loses him in the process. Pretty much everything in "Hathor" when she's kicking butt. "Window of Opportunity" frootloops discussions. Blue jello. Neutrinos vs. Nintendos. Crossword puzzle wars. So much to pick from.
    Hmm, the mention of the crossword puzzle has started me thinking. Would there be any Samandan here interested in putting together a Sam crossword, using as many words as we can think of relating to Sam. We've come up with Sam wordlists before, I know, but this could be fun? Yes? No? And it wouldn't have to be only Sam related, there could be a science word, or something to do with the gate, mixed in.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

i don't have crossword puzzle software, but i can help with clues

i also know how to make a 'word find' puzzle.....suss out the words in a grid of letters
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Heres some software for making crosswords: http://www.download.com/EclipseCross...ml?tag=lst-0-2
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          And now for post 6000
          ???
          Didn't you just post 5000.
          Oh my, how did this happen so fast.
          Congrats on the big post qasimjavid.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Oh my, how did this happen so fast.
            Too much free time - I will be starting university next month though and I dont know whether I will have time for the forum then
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i don't have crossword puzzle software, but i can help with clues

i also know how to make a 'word find' puzzle.....suss out the words in a grid of letters
              Heres some software for making crosswords: http://www.download.com/EclipseCros...tml?tag=lst-0-2
              crossword software. And there I was thinking to do it from scratch, by hand. Sometimes I think I must be way oldfashioned.
              Thanks for the positive respones guys. To tell you the truth, I thought people would think it a silly idea. But I think we could do something here.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                But I think we could do something here.
                I am hopeless at crosswords but I have done my bit by finding some software

love Torri

Comment

I am hopeless at crosswords but I have done my bit by finding some software

except it comes up with 'not found' when I follow the link .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Try puzzlemaker.com. If it's still up and running, it's pretty easy to use, I think.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

/http://www.download.com/EclipseCrossword/3000-2111_4-10305892.html?tag=lst-0-2

copy/paste and remove the / at the start
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i think she's sick and tired of it too. i mean, every single interview focuses on that one single aspect of Sam. and let's face it, it is rather a cliche - lead female MUST fall for lead male

now don't get me wrong, i do love the sam/jack angle, however some of what i see as cringeworthy moments have also been sam/jack ones because our fair writers just aren't quite in touch enough with their feminine side and don't write what i see to be 'good' ship moments most of the time.

usually, the stuff that fans see as 'good' are when the actors take the writers ideas/words and put thier own spin on them

and yes, amanda has gone back and forth. i think she picks up on the tone/mood of the interviewer and goes with it.
                        Over the weekend in watching/listening to the audio commentary for Lost City where Amanda & 2 PTB (Cooper & Wright? I'm at work & the DVD is home, so I can't tell you which PTB... ) were commenting about LC and the 2 PTB did admit that same thing, that it was the actors who put the spin on the ship in all the ships (team, friend, romantic). They talked about how sometimes the actors thought less dialogue (or different dialogue) was better in some instances and after seeing it, TPTB agreed. And TPTB also said they didn't see the sparkage between S & J until S2's season ender "Out of Mind" when they watched Rick & Amanda's performances... She also talked about how a lot could be conveyed by just a look.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Too much free time - I will be starting university next month though and I dont know whether I will have time for the forum then
                          You haven't started to have pre-'forum withdrawal' twitches yet have you QJ?
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            You haven't started to have pre-'forum withdrawal' twitches yet have you QJ?
                            I get twitches every day when my body is screaming 'go to sleep' and my mind is saying 'must post more now..must post..now...cant stop'
                            love Torri

Comment

I get twitches every day when my body is screaming 'go to sleep' and my mind is saying 'must post more now..must post..now...cant stop'

Sam: "Qasimjavid! Go get some sleep. That's an order!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Sam: "Qasimjavid! Go get some sleep. That's an order!"
                                I'm not in the military so I'll admire the pic
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X