X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers for s9's the fourth horsemen

Spoiler:

k, fellow sam fans, what do we want from this ep? i know that orlin's in it, and i know there's a plague, but what do we think's going to actually happen?

ideas?

thoughts?

let's get the samfan groove going!

sally
    Good questions, Sally. I have to admit I don't have a clue, but I hope she's *the* problem solver for our planet. Although I guess we won't know until January if that's the case.

And, just so it doesn't slip by....

Congratulations on post 4200!
    Last edited by SamFan31; 05 September 2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
      I'm happy to see her back. I hope we see her in some civilian clothes.
      Well we get to see her in civilian clothes pretty early on in Season 9...in Ex Deus Machina...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Big Spoilers for Ripple Effect:
        Spoiler:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I just read up on IMDB that Teryl will have a guest appearance in the 13th episode of Stargate this year called Ripple Effect.

I've also read spoilers that Ripple Effect will involve 3 different SG-1 teams. Can we say AU episode.

I'm still guessing that this episode will involve some kind of anomaly or device that will cause multiple alternate universes to converge upon one another and it will require the SG-1 teams of each universes to work together inorder to fix the problem.

Comment

^BIG SPOILERS???!???

*Mary Beth plugs her ears and hums really loudly*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Big Spoilers for Ripple Effect:
            Spoiler:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I just read up on IMDB that Teryl will have a guest appearance in the 13th episode of Stargate this year called Ripple Effect.

I've also read spoilers that Ripple Effect will involve 3 different SG-1 teams. Can we say AU episode.

I'm still guessing that this episode will involve some kind of anomaly or device that will cause multiple alternate universes to converge upon one another and it will require the SG-1 teams of each universes to work together inorder to fix the problem.

This is really *great* news...Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
              This is really *great* news...Thanks!
              ^*LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA.....*

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Oh, gee! You don't mean you finally found a reason for us to watch (*shudder*) Affinity again???!!!???
                LOL!! I went back and watched for the lady playing with children in the background, lo and behold there was two ladies and both trying to get the child to come down the slide! So i just had to rewind and go into slow motion and i think it's the second lady who i think is Amanda's mum, the side profile on the lady looked like Amanda Anyway i just laughed to my self after realising that i was watching "that scene" and trying to not watch what was going on right in front of me because i wanted to see behind the scenes!
                ......TARA......

Comment

we already did...

sally
                  My take on the "Amanda talking about Sam and Jack issue" thing:

She's probably sick to death of the topic.

I mean, it's a great flavor for the character...to have her experience a situation where she's dealing with feelings for Jack, not knowing how to handle it, responding poorly, blah...blah...blah...

But just like any seasoning, it's meant to be taken in small doses. When that's all a character is reduced to (or seems to have been reduced to), I imagine it can get tedious for her as an actress to have to deal with this one issue ALL THE TIME.

I honestly wouldn't read a ton into this Sal. Amanda's vascilated on this issue quite a bit. I mean, I've seen her talk about the fact that Sam and Jack should NEVER get together...and then I've seen her say they should...then in commentaries, she's giddy when pointing out shippy moments...then I saw her say "either do or don't but enough already"... In the Behind SciFi Friday, she said she was glad the issue was addressed and dealt with...but now let's see Professional!Sam or as she put it "it's time to up the body count." Jack's no longer around so let's see Sam now...without the weight of the ship anchored about her neck. Let's see how she's growing and changing.

She knows where the fans stand (both pro and con) and regardless of what she said in that particular interview, I think she wouldn't mind seeing them end up together in the long run as long as it wasn't THE focus for the show or her character. At GateCon, she talked about how vague the show was going to be on that issue but that the door is open for the future and she genuinely seemed happy about it.

She wants to have Sam grow, to see what these changes and decisions have meant for her life and to show her continuing to evolve. She doesn't want Sam to solely be seen as the other half of Sam and Jack. I can dig this and I agree with it. I personally want to see Sam as a more confident kickbutt member of SG-1 and let's revisit ship later.

I kinda laughed when I read that quote, to be honest...because I don't think she really feels that way at all. My guess is she wants a break from the Sam/Jack issue for awhile. Let's focus on Carter as an officer and a scientist...and then we'll see...

Comment

There's some nice Sam Teal'c stuff in there as well with the whole 'Indeed' bit. That was nice, cos you don't get to see it that often..

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    That and 'welcome to MY life'!

Plus, all of Space Race.

Jack: "That's not our language!"
                    Sam: "Its mine, sir."

I think Space Race shows Sam's sense of adventure, her spunk, her ingenuity, sense of humor, etc. We get to see more of how she is with others besides the regulars because she's out of the SGC and T, Daniel and Jack aren't always around her in this ep. Look how it starts out - her rushing into the SGC in her motorcycle-wear. Very cool. She's in character, but just MORE of her character in this ep, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I kinda laughed when I read that quote, to be honest...because I don't think she really feels that way at all. My guess is she wants a break from the Sam/Jack issue for awhile. Let's focus on Carter as an officer and a scientist...and then we'll see...

Pfft, now whos in Denial?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Pfft, now whos in Denial?
                        Cute, AD...but since she goes back and forth on this issue all the time, I think I'll stick with what she said at the ComicCon and go with that since it's what she's said most recently...

You go right ahead and pick whichever quote you'd like to hang your hat on...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Solider Sam

Now we know not to annoy her BTW you spelt Soldier wrong
                          Originally posted by chocdoc
                          Just found the Dreamwatch article with AT in #133. As Coley suspected, not much new, but it is still interesting. You can find it at:

http://www.scifigate.net/dreamwatch133tapping.php

thanks Scifigate for their posting.
                          Thanks
                          Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Woot!!!!!!!
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            My take on the "Amanda talking about Sam and Jack issue" thing:

She's probably sick to death of the topic.

I mean, it's a great flavor for the character...to have her experience a situation where she's dealing with feelings for Jack, not knowing how to handle it, responding poorly, blah...blah...blah...

But just like any seasoning, it's meant to be taken in small doses. When that's all a character is reduced to (or seems to have been reduced to), I imagine it can get tedious for her as an actress to have to deal with this one issue ALL THE TIME.

My thoughts exactly. It's great to see Sam really take control and show everyone what she's capable of without such an emotional millstone around her neck.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

i think she's sick and tired of it too. i mean, every single interview focuses on that one single aspect of Sam. and let's face it, it is rather a cliche - lead female MUST fall for lead male

now don't get me wrong, i do love the sam/jack angle, however some of what i see as cringeworthy moments have also been sam/jack ones because our fair writers just aren't quite in touch enough with their feminine side and don't write what i see to be 'good' ship moments most of the time.

usually, the stuff that fans see as 'good' are when the actors take the writers ideas/words and put thier own spin on them

and yes, amanda has gone back and forth. i think she picks up on the tone/mood of the interviewer and goes with it.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you're not a member of the cabinet of samanda? YOU'RE not?

as vice president, i hereby announce skydiver as prime minister of samanda!

there!

sally
                                I'm just the royal census taker
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X