X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Sam in S9
    Spoiler:
    I dont think there was anything wrong with Cassie - I think that Sam just wanted to spend more time with her now that she didnt have to save the world from the goa'uld, replicators etc.
    She specifically said
    Spoiler:
    that Cassie was having a hard time,
    which really could mean anything.
    Spoiler:
    Drugs... prostitution... 3.75 GPA instead of a 4.0... the sorority she was rushing wouldn't let her in... boyfriend(s) trouble... her myspace was out of whack... her favorite show was in hiatus...

I only wish that it was said WHAT it was. I guess Sally's right: We may never know...

Comment

This is going to sound terrible, and I truly don't want it to (being grumpy is not my style)

but...

Have just seen the first three episodes of the new SG-1 season....and I noticed that Amanda Tapping is still second in the credits after Ben Browder....
      Does anyone know why that is the case? I would have thought AT, with her following and the fact that she's been on the show much longer (a much more succssful show than Farscape, as much as I also love Farscape), would have meant that she, and Chris Judge would get a higher billing...?

Am I being silly? Am I missing something? It just seemed like a little bit of a slight to both CJ and AT...?

Comment

Uber, I LOVE your vid!!! Seriously, it's fantastic!
        Kat, the reason I haven't been posting too much lately is not just because i haven't seen the new season yet, but also because I was having the same problems about the discussion you were. I respect Amanda as and actress and a person, and to be honest I don't think that endless discussions about her hair, make-up etc are really necessary - they have nothing to do with her character or anything else, and in many instances she probably doesn't get that much of a say in it anyway. That being said, I can understand that it's been difficult to find things to talk about with her being absent, but she's back now - so enough already?
        Royal Page of Samanda
        "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Haha, came across this video that has a bunch of Sci-Fi actors interviewed about their favourite concert - including Amanda

Amanda's little snippet from it:
          "The Who. I snuck into a private party the night before The Who concert and I danced with Pete Townshend". And she sounded quite chuffed at that too

I wonder if Sam is into The Who...?

Comment

crazedturkey said, “Have just seen the first three episodes of the new SG-1 season....and I noticed that Amanda Tapping is still second in the credits after Ben Browder....
            Does anyone know why that is the case? I would have thought AT, with her following and the fact that she's been on the show much longer (a much more succssful show than Farscape, as much as I also love Farscape), would have meant that she, and Chris Judge would get a higher billing...?”

Well... I had a very lengthy, well thought out, and involved post that GW politely chewed up and spat out - in my face. Thanks GW! Love you, too... you mangy...

ANYWAY... Heh...

No, you're not crazy and you're not missing something. It bothers me a lot. In fact, it ticks me off to no end.

To me, it makes no sense that the two actors who have been on the show the longest and the most consistently are below Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, and Beau Bridges - especially this season. I tolerated Seasons Seven and Eight (the "and" ALWAYS gets to me now), but this is kinda ridiculous.

I thought that tenured actors got the top-billing, like when RDA got top-billing in the series from the beginning. Now when I look at tenure, I look at which actors have been on the show the longest and which actors have been on the show the most consistently. Out of Browder, Tapping, Judge (and) Shanks, (with) Bridges.... Since we know that Bridges will never get top-billing... Tapping and Judge are the only ones who fit the bill.

They were the ones who were signed on for the whole sixth season when it moved to SciFi. They were the ones who remained when RDA had scheduling conflicts. They were the ones who were around when fans had to deal with both Daniel's ascension and Jack's... various other engagements/missions. They've been around since Day One and, barring AT's maternity leave earlier this season, they've STAYED since Day One - with no interruptions. I don't know how anyone can morally justify this set-up, but I'm constantly trying to ignore it all.

I know that contract negotiations are a tricky thing, and that we'll never know the factors that went into the decision. Does that change the faulty logic? No. Not at all. Not to me anyway.

/late-night rant

Comment

*ahem*

On a LIGHTER note.

*cough*

AD: Nice video of all of those science fiction actors. That's pretty neat that there were so many interviews! I was expecting three or four. It's cool, because it's probably one of few times that those stars actually get asked questions "Red Carpet" style.

And Uber?!?! Such a cool video! That is so awesome! Do you have a link to others that you've done? I know everyone's said it all day, but that video was just so incredibly cool! Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

But what I enjoy the most - these are all great Sam episodes, especially Scientist Sam episodes. She is so great as a scientist. In these episodes she really is the brains of the whole show and the one who figures out how to save the day. God, I missed that.
                "NOT her personal favorite???" LOL

I agree I miss that.

BTW I must apologize to all of you for getting OT at times. There's CERTAIN PEOPLE here - who will remain unnamed - who are simply too much fun to razzzzz. "You dare mock me? YOu know me, I'm a potatohead, of course I dare mock you!"

Anyway, speaking of scientist Sam did anyone else have a problem in Beachhead when

Spoiler:
                Vala figured out the problem and saved the day, leaving our dear Sam to simply say "she did it". It kinda made me go hmmmm....seemed like a waste of Sam/AT.

I hope that's not too negative, but it HAS been hard to post lately because there hasn't been much new Sam. The end of Beachhead made me a little scared about what they were going to decide to make our dear Sam do *now*. EDM assuaged those fears. I thought she was GREAT - its a foreshadowing of more great sam eps, I think!
                Spoiler:
                Maybe they just wanted to send Vala off with dignity.
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Hey there Samandans...

I've been away from our fair kingdom for awhile now...but I've not been twiddling my thumbs.

I've been finishing off a video for the Amanda Tapping Contest and here's a linke to the final SMALL cut. The original file size was close to a GB...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...girl_small.wmv

Let me know what you think!

Many people have already commented, but wow--this is a fabulous video!!!

I think AT will be thrilled when she sees this. I can't imagine the amount of work and time you put into this! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hey all,

I'm in the process of writing a Sam centric fic, but the lure of photoshop got me once again. This is a pic to support the story (au Carter fic).. figured I'd share, love a good Amanda close up

sigpic

Comment

:O at the scars....

/me is intrigued by this AU Sam fic...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Anyone else notice that the last four episodes in tonight's marathon all deal with time in some way?

Window of Opportunity (Time Loop)
                        Matter of Time ( Time Slowing Down )
                        1969 ( Back in Time )
                        2010 ( Back from the Future )

Yes I noticed this too. I liked all six that were chosen. I actually watched A Matter of Time because I hadn't seen it in awhile. Really good and the Sam/Teal'c scene was really sweet. I love seeing science sam in action!

And Happy Belated Birthday!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          crazedturkey said, “Have just seen the first three episodes of the new SG-1 season....and I noticed that Amanda Tapping is still second in the credits after Ben Browder....
                          Does anyone know why that is the case? I would have thought AT, with her following and the fact that she's been on the show much longer (a much more succssful show than Farscape, as much as I also love Farscape), would have meant that she, and Chris Judge would get a higher billing...?”

Well... I had a very lengthy, well thought out, and involved post that GW politely chewed up and spat out - in my face. Thanks GW! Love you, too... you mangy...

ANYWAY... Heh...

No, you're not crazy and you're not missing something. It bothers me a lot. In fact, it ticks me off to no end.

To me, it makes no sense that the two actors who have been on the show the longest and the most consistently are below Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, and Beau Bridges - especially this season. I tolerated Seasons Seven and Eight (the "and" ALWAYS gets to me now), but this is kinda ridiculous.

I thought that tenured actors got the top-billing, like when RDA got top-billing in the series from the beginning. Now when I look at tenure, I look at which actors have been on the show the longest and which actors have been on the show the most consistently. Out of Browder, Tapping, Judge (and) Shanks, (with) Bridges.... Since we know that Bridges will never get top-billing... Tapping and Judge are the only ones who fit the bill.

They were the ones who were signed on for the whole sixth season when it moved to SciFi. They were the ones who remained when RDA had scheduling conflicts. They were the ones who were around when fans had to deal with both Daniel's ascension and Jack's... various other engagements/missions. They've been around since Day One and, barring AT's maternity leave earlier this season, they've STAYED since Day One - with no interruptions. I don't know how anyone can morally justify this set-up, but I'm constantly trying to ignore it all.

I know that contract negotiations are a tricky thing, and that we'll never know the factors that went into the decision. Does that change the faulty logic? No. Not at all. Not to me anyway.

/late-night rant

I completely agree. I just ignore the whole credit thing. I still think AT and then CJ should have come before BB, but it was predictable. Even now though I still view MS and AT in the same position. There is no way that I am going to see MS as more of a lead than AT. When MS came back he got an "And" , but maybe they did this so that AT and CJ would not be bumped down again after MS in the line-up. Obviously on all three shows, SG1, Atlantis and BSG---they would not go with a woman as top billing.

Does anybody here have the latest AT Dreamwatch interview that Coley mentioned before? I read on ScifiGate that if they do a season 10 (and there is a good chance they will) then MS and CJ said they would definitely sign up. Well, I'm wondering what AT will do, and the title of this Dreamwatch article is "Why I Will Never Quit Stargate." So I was wondering what AT said and also what she said about Sam this season. I might check around where I live to see if it is in the stores.

Also on ScifiGate it was mentioned that CJ is not going to do any more cons for awhile because he wants to spend time with his famiy on the weekends. That makes sense to me. I can't imagine the actors' schedules---14 hour days and then going to cons. That's got to be tough, especially when you have children.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                            Just my opinion here but I think AT actually looks better when she appears at conventions and is much more natural - the make-up on TV tries way too hard - she has more natural beauty that I often wish they would just let come through. And it always surpirses me that at most conventions in the pics taken by normal everyday people, most likely with very modest cameras, and who are not pros at photography or filmmaking, she, including her hair, always looks great. I sometimes think the TV people should take a page from all of the natural photos of AT and just leave her alone and let her do her own thing.
                            I am totally with you - when will TV people learn that IRL we never look like we're on TV? If that makes sense . . .

The problem is those damned cameras . . . apparently we don't show up on film without excessive chemicals slathered all over our faces. Sucks, doesn't it?

~Sarah
                            Call me Sarah . . .
                            • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                            • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                            • Trek forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets...tgirl_small.wmv

Lys provided me with several clips...especially Pilot!Sam...Anubis!Sam and Geek!Sam...so I promised her that she would see it before anyone else...

Holey Moley! This is one terrific effort, folks! Mucho Kudos!
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                September in Samanda

by sg-1fanintn
                                (with apologies to Clement C. Moore &
                                with fond thoughts of ChopinGal, who is spending Labor Day in the Berkshires)

Twas night one of September,
                                And all through the land,
                                The Samandans kept posting,
                                (They have fast little hands).

The season continues,
                                Yanks almost half through,
                                Speculation is rising,
                                The facts are too few.

S9’s being shot,
                                Almost half in the can,
                                Yet the worry continues
                                Among Sam’s biggest fans.

Yes, here in Samanda, we’ve fretted and schemed
                                About Queen Sam’s future, and control of the team.

And adding to our worry when times seem so tough:
                                Where are our elders? They’re not here enough!

Come Astro, come Jester, come tsax and Strix,
                                Where have you gone? Get back in the mix!

Coley, we miss you! Please don’t make us wait!
                                MajorSam, have you finally gone through the gate?

Skydiver and Sally keep home fires bright,
                                But we hope all return o’er the next several nights.

So get ducks in a row and priorities in line!
                                Samanda needs you! Hurry back---double time!
                                After being away from this thread for two weeks because I sold my house and had to move, I saw this wonderful poem. I definitely agree about the ' fast hands' I was on page 699 when I left and returned to page 751! And no, I haven't caught up yet...maybe I never will . But I'm certainly glad to be back
                                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                                Hic Comitas Regit
                                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Working...
                                X