Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    You already know what I think of your vid Über ! It's so marvelous and picture so well our Queen !

Bravo ! Wonderful !
    Did you get a sneak preview?!?

I'm gonna have to wait until I'm at home to see the video. I'm at work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I'd like to apologize beforehand if I offend anyone with this post, but I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but rather to the many different negative comments I’ve been reading lately and to reiterate that this thread is called Sam is a Great Character. This used to be a place where I felt Amanda could drop by, read a bit and feel completely welcomed without worry that someone was going to talk badly about Sam.
      Is there a reason why so many people have been spending so much time expressing so many negative comments regarding Sam: her hair, her makeup, her smile. Whether she acts too girly or not? I don’t mean to be the mean, but I’ve been seeing a lot of this type of conversation the past few weeks and it's really beginning to bother me. You don’t like her hair? That's cool. You don’t like her make-up? To each her own. You think her smile is too girly? Whatever.

I understand everyone has issues they don’t like about Sam’s character and that’s all fine and dandy; however, there are many threads on this forum where you can bash Sam or discuss her negatively. Can we all please get back on topic and discuss the reasons why we think Sam is a Great Character and leave all the other negative comments on the another threads?
      Thank you ForeverSG-1. I've been finding it hard to post here lately, as I don't want to comment on her hair, her lipstick, or make lame jokes (OK, my jokes ARE usually lame), but you understand what I mean. I too would like Samanda to remain the type of thread that Amanda could stop by, at any time, read and smile.

Hic Comitas Regit
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I'm gonna have to wait until I'm at home to see the video. I'm at work right now.
        Distract your boss and download it!! Its awesome

The following are screenshots of Amanda Tapping's appearance in Millennium.

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Hey there Samandans...

I've been away from our fair kingdom for awhile now...but I've not been twiddling my thumbs.

I've been finishing off a video for the Amanda Tapping Contest and here's a linke to the final SMALL cut. The original file size was close to a GB...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...girl_small.wmv

Let me know what you think!

You already know my feelings about this video, but I just wanted to say publically how much you rock!

Comment

You don’t like her hair? That's cool. You don’t like her make-up? To each her own. You think her smile is too girly? Whatever.
            I agree
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I'd like to apologize beforehand if I offend anyone with this post, but I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but rather to the many different negative comments I’ve been reading lately and to reiterate that this thread is called Sam is a Great Character. This used to be a place where I felt Amanda could drop by, read a bit and feel completely welcomed without worry that someone was going to talk badly about Sam.

Is there a reason why so many people have been spending so much time expressing so many negative comments regarding Sam: her hair, her makeup, her smile. Whether she acts too girly or not? I don’t mean to be the mean, but I’ve been seeing a lot of this type of conversation the past few weeks and it's really beginning to bother me. You don’t like her hair? That's cool. You don’t like her make-up? To each her own. You think her smile is too girly? Whatever.

I understand everyone has issues they don’t like about Sam’s character and that’s all fine and dandy; however, there are many threads on this forum where you can bash Sam or discuss her negatively. Can we all please get back on topic and discuss the reasons why we think Sam is a Great Character and leave all the other negative comments on the another threads?
              I'm with Kat, lets go back to the reason that we're all here. If Sam wasn't a great character, this thread wouldn't exist.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hey there Samandans...

I've been away from our fair kingdom for awhile now...but I've not been twiddling my thumbs.

I've been finishing off a video for the Amanda Tapping Contest and here's a linke to the final SMALL cut. The original file size was close to a GB...

Uber, I can rarely say this, but I'm speechless....it was MORE than I can say. You are so talented and you should be VERY proud of that vid. AT is going to LOVE it! I'm so proud of you......and so happy to be a very small part of this fantastic family of fans.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  I'm with Kat, lets go back to the reason that we're all here. If Sam wasn't a great character, this thread wouldn't exist.
                  IMO - If Sam wasn't a great character, the show wouldn't exist.
                  love Torri

Comment

Following on from what Kat wrote, I just wanted to say that I've been finding it hard to post lately. Partly because of all the season9 discussion, yes, but also because the rest of the Sam dicussion has not really enthused me much. Without trying to sound like a long-timer here, I do remeber good times when Sam discussion was lively, positive, brilliant. We had a unique style that echoed with fun, in comparison to many a thread on the forum. Something about the thread has changed. I miss the elders, but it's not just that. So lately I've only been posting about other thread members, and I just wanted to explain a little of why I have barely mentioned Sam since I came back here, despite the fact that this is the Sam thread.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hey there Samandans...

I love it!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

SAM ROCKS!

just incase it hasn't sunk in yet

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Did you get a sneak preview?!?

Lys provided me with several clips...especially Pilot!Sam...Anubis!Sam and Geek!Sam...so I promised her that she would see it before anyone else...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I do think she is a Great Character. I just think she could be greater if the above issues were addressed. I always thought being "girly without being overt" was the best thing about her, as opposed to women on network TV who don't bother to constrain themselves. I really don't want Sam to end up like that.

~Sarah
                            Call me Sarah . . .
                            • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                            • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                            • Trek forever!

Comment

Über, the video is awesome! I’m amazed at all the clips you managed to find. What a fantastic tribute to a wonderful actress and person. Thank you for making it and for sharing it with us.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                Über, the video is awesome! I’m amazed at all the clips you managed to find. What a fantastic tribute to a wonderful actress and person. Thank you for making it and for sharing it with us.

NC
                                Thank you all. It's my first fan video so I'm delighted to see you all appreciate it...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X