Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    I agree with you, Sally. 100%. It doesn't make sense to me, either. It seems they're glossing over those issues in order to fast-forward to the "cool new season nine storyline" they had planned. But the characters are the meat of any good dramatic narrative (uh, television series). You can't ignore their personal backstories and expect each standalone episode to continue to hold interest for an audience.

I honestly think "TPTB" haven't truly decided one way or another with a lot of these issues. That's pretty sad. But I think that's what happened.

And I think you're also right in that:
    Spoiler:
    I don't understand for a second why Teal'c suddenly opted to rejoin a field unit for the Tau'ri. I didn't see that any of his 'issues' with the Free Jaffa council were resolved, and I think it's too convenient a plot device for TPTB to simply have his character 'walk away' from Dakara now because things are a little rough. In reality, that would be the worst thing he could do. He'd lose every supporter he hadn't already ... But oh well. (sigh)

In my humble opinion, dropping nearly a decade of 'character' centric storylines in favor of a rock-em-sock-em (episodic) space-battle sci-fi plot-line, is a dangerous (if not baffling) choice to be making. I love the idea of expanding upon the universe and creating new, more powerful, more mysterious enemies, battles, etc... but it saddens me to see the character-centric moments purposefully relegated to third-burner as a result. If you ask me, they should have worked hard on developing both angles. ESPECIALLY in light of the major casting and plot changes occuring. It would have made for a far more engaging new chapter of the series.

But that's just my 0.02 cents worth.

M.G.
    You've hit the nail on the head. *Character moments* are necessary for us to care about the "rock-em-sock-em" battles. If you don't care about the characters, I don't care how many battles and special effects you have in the show, you won't be committed to watching week after week. At least *I* won't. It is not an either-or situation.

Comment

Happy Birthday ForeverSG1!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Aww thanks for all the birthday wishes. Y'all are so sweet!
        We are still waiting for you to offer us some of your cake
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Happy Bday Forever/Kat

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

For ForeverSG-1:

May you have a wonderful day and when you blow out the candles on your many cakes, I hope EVERY wish you make comes true!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              Reading this quickly--at first I thought it said "adore here."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                "adore here."
                Thank you very much I will
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

While we're - or rather, while *I'm* on the subject of Sam being too 'girly', has anyone noticed how much lipstick she was wearing in early seasons? 'Tokra, part 1' was just on last night and that was the first time I noticed . . . what kind of military woman wears makeup while on duty?

~Sarah
                  Call me Sarah . . .
                  • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                  • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                  • Trek forever!

Comment

{{{Forever SG-1}}}

May all your birthdays be blessed - forever.

Enjoy your Jaffa cake. Take it easy, though, its not exactly low carb.....them Jaffa don't believe in Splenda...
                    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Happy Birthday
                      Forever SG1 !
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        Are you sure that cake is safe - it looks radioactive to me
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          September in Samanda

by sg-1fanintn
                          (with apologies to Clement C. Moore &
                          with fond thoughts of ChopinGal, who is spending Labor Day in the Berkshires)
                          Well done! Can't rep you again.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            Its a shame theres no new Stargate to enjoy though
                            Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning . I always have to tape them anyway.
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
                              While we're - or rather, while *I'm* on the subject of Sam being too 'girly', has anyone noticed how much lipstick she was wearing in early seasons? 'Tokra, part 1' was just on last night and that was the first time I noticed . . . what kind of military woman wears makeup while on duty?

~Sarah
                              The kind of woman who is the lead actress of a tv show

I think the military only look over the scripts and arent actually there to check uniform etc.
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                                Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning . I always have to tape them anyway.
                                What am i going to do tomorrow I usually wait for *cough cough*
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X