Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    I was incredibly pleased with EDM. It was the best of the first episodes. However, I was finding myself only paying attention to the Sam storyline. I'm getting rather bored with the whole Jaffa thing. With the information floating around that
    Spoiler:
    Gerak's becoming a Prior,
    it's merging those two storylines together and is sort of creating
    Spoiler:
    a Goa'uld/Jaffa relationship, part II with the Ori (OyYey) replacing the Goa'uld
    I think EDM and Beachhead were pretty good. I think TFH will be better, hopefully like how Reckoning was for S8 and The Lost City was for S7.

Yipes... I had no idea that this little tidbit was floating around. I'd never even thought of that! I always just thought that
    Spoiler:
    Gerak was a moron...
    Wait... Apparently that's still true.

I've never really minded the Jaffa thing so much. As long as it's not drawn out, I'm typically OK with it. I look at it as I look at the Ancients and Daniel's ascension - a complicated but essential thread of the show, another driving force for these characters, just like the Sam/Jack ship, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      if he did, it'd be a cold day in netu before he'd admit it
      Of course.

So, did we decide that Jack was 2IC of the base for seven years, or is that not accurate?

Comment

Of all weeks for the net to go silly .
        Nevermind, I'm back now. I missed Amanda's birthday though .

Gosh you people post a lot . Only a week and how do I catch up???

I haven't read up on everything yet, but was pleased to see Coley's name pop up. And I keep forgetting that uni's in the USA start this time of year... that would explain lack of Astro etc..

Well, probably just as well I haven't been posting mindless babble for the past week. I'll post again when I can think of something worthwhile to say shall I? .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Glad to see you back deepspace - I have been wondering where you disappeared to
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Tis good to be back. So frustrating when you have the time to post, and can't access the net, and then when everything's working all fine again you no longer have that time.
            Hmph.
            Oops, what was that I was saying before about posting something worthwhile?

You know once upon a time I tried to make sure that everything I posted had something well thought out or (hopefully) interesting to say. Now I just seem to ramble and waffle. Guess it kind of reflects my mood of late, but I just feel like you guys in Samanda deserve more of an effort from me.
            Hmph again.
            Right, where was I... something worthwhile...

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Dude... heh heh. MONDO picture alert

EDIT: Oh crap. Did we just step into a time warp again?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                Heres a pic:

Just about fits
                What a fantastic picture. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Of course.

So, did we decide that Jack was 2IC of the base for seven years, or is that not accurate?
                  to the best of my knowledge, jack as second in command is pure fanon.

yes, he has been in charge of hte base in hammy's absence, then again, in The Other Side, we saw sam clearly in charge
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Argh. I'm gone for a week (stupid school) and this thread seems to grow exponentially. [sigh] Aside from the whole 2IC debate (which he was), what've I missed?

Comment

Binkpmmc, minigeek---great posts today! Would green you, but I'm all out.

Skydiver You're really showing a lot of attitude today! Love it!

ForeverSG-1, thanks for rundownon the eps. I hadn't seen that yet!

Originally posted by deepspace
                      I keep forgetting that uni's in the USA start this time of year... that would explain lack of Astro etc..
                      Yes, most U. S. universities have been in session for anywhere from a week to a month at this point.

Finally, have you seen the news? The fans won the battle of the opening credits! I believe a lot of people on this thread will be glad to read this! Uber should be here to rejoice!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ll-lengt.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I was incredibly pleased with EDM. It was the best of the first episodes. However, I was finding myself only paying attention to the Sam storyline. I'm getting rather bored with the whole Jaffa thing. With the information floating around that
                        Spoiler:
                        Gerak's becoming a Prior,
                        it's merging those two storylines together and is sort of creating
                        Spoiler:
                        a Goa'uld/Jaffa relationship, part II with the Ori (OyYey) replacing the Goa'uld
                        Yup, exactly. I'm interested in the Jaffa thing because I'm thoroughly enjoying Teal'c making the transformation from Jaffa warrior dude to diplomat/statesman. His performance in EDM, IMHO, was brilliant and I was just watching with a big grin on my face. It was Teal'c but only better. Its amazing what hair does for a guy, I guess???
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

i know that, in many ways, the jaffa storyline is a bit boring, but stop and think about it. these folks have been slaves for generations, all of a sudden, they're free. Yet all they've known is domination and force.

it'd be way too star trek if they were all of a sudden happy and democratic.

they need this, they need to fight for and fight over how to rule.

the storyline makes complete and total sense

ex deus spoilers
                          Spoiler:

i think my one big beef is gerak's motivation. sure, he wants to be the leader...but can't we have more than that? what motivates him? does he have something more noble than 'me boss' to work from?
                          if he does, great. if not...he's way too two dimensional
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

September in Samanda

by sg-1fanintn
                            (with apologies to Clement C. Moore &
                            with fond thoughts of ChopinGal, who is spending Labor Day in the Berkshires)

Twas night one of September,
                            And all through the land,
                            The Samandans kept posting,
                            (They have fast little hands).

The season continues,
                            Yanks almost half through,
                            Speculation is rising,
                            The facts are too few.

S9’s being shot,
                            Almost half in the can,
                            Yet the worry continues
                            Among Sam’s biggest fans.

Yes, here in Samanda, we’ve fretted and schemed
                            About Queen Sam’s future, and control of the team.

And adding to our worry when times seem so tough:
                            Where are our elders? They’re not here enough!

Come Astro, come Jester, come tsax and Strix,
                            Where have you gone? Get back in the mix!

Coley, we miss you! Please don’t make us wait!
                            MajorSam, have you finally gone through the gate?

Skydiver and Sally keep home fires bright,
                            But we hope all return o’er the next several nights.

So get ducks in a row and priorities in line!
                            Samanda needs you! Hurry back---double time!

Comment

i know that, in many ways, the jaffa storyline is a bit boring, but stop and think about it. these folks have been slaves for generations, all of a sudden, they're free. Yet all they've known is domination and force.

it'd be way too star trek if they were all of a sudden happy and democratic.

they need this, they need to fight for and fight over how to rule.

the storyline makes complete and total sense
                              yup, and I think the 'that's all they've known' thing was depicted well when
                              Spoiler:
                              Garak used the same instrument of oppression that was used on the Jaffa for so long.

ex deus spoilers
                              Spoiler:

i think my one big beef is gerak's motivation. sure, he wants to be the leader...but can't we have more than that? what motivates him? does he have something more noble than 'me boss' to work from?
                              if he does, great. if not...he's way too two dimensional
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree. I wonder - once we find out he becomes a prior - how long he's been 'courted' by the Ori. Kinda like Nerus showing up at the SGC all 'the Ori are the closest thing to Gods in this galaxy' or whatever he said. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he's been more than sympathetic to the Priors' cause since he saw the first one in the SGC briefing room. His 'my way or the highway' deal is VERY Ori-like...imho

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Q - that's a big honkin' Sam!!!!

thanks for posting it, what a fab picture!

Comment

Working...
                                X