X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    [/size]

~insert innocent voice~ Why am I dead ?
    And I'm going to dig a deeper hole for myself. I might as well use it as a shield against flying penguin missiles.

Where did you hear Sam say in Threads that she chosed Jack ?
    Now, come on Lys. You have doubts about your upcoming wedding, and you go see the man you're not sure if he still has feeling for you ?????

She could have talked about her doubts with her dad, with Daniel, or Cassie for that matter. So why Jack. And Jack seems to have retrieved his playfulness with Sam at the end of Moebius.

More seriously, I have nothing against our dear shippers, it's just that I don't want to see anymore of "Sam needs to have a romantic interest to be happy". I've had enough of that in the past two years.
    I agree with you there. SG-1 not a romantic show. It's sci-fi/actions/adventure. But they are portraying people, with emotions. Just a glimpse, once in a while, to show their closeness (as a team), just make them closer to us.

However, I applause at scientist Sam and soldier Sam. I want to see her being one of the guys and not the woman of the team. More than anything else, it's the team that brought me to Stargate and it's the team feeling that makes it so great.
    Euh ... I have nothing to say against that, I'm with 100%

Hey, we're here to have fun and tease one another

SaGC on page 2 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      I'm not sure I understand what you mean with Daniel, but I never had the feeling that the guys (Jack, Daniel and Teal'c) never showed an interest for romantic feelings.
      Euh, Daniel and Sha're, Daniel and Sarah, Teal'c and his wife, Teal'c and Ishta, Jack and Laira, Jack and Kerry.
      What is the problem for me is how the writers handled the matter with Sam. I think the Sam/Jack dynamic was wonderful in the first seasons because it was fun, it was flirty but it never ruined their friendship. Then, came Devide and Conquer. And it ruined everything. No more comfortable scenes of friendship between Jack and Sam. It was impossible. But lots of silences, of angsty moments. I had the feeling I was watching a soap opera sometimes. Add to this, that in my opinion, playing with this issue for so long was something I couldn't understand. I thought it was unbelievable. And the more I was watching, especially seasons 7 and 8, the more I ran away of the ship.
      Yeah, you're right, it's a bit long. But it hasn't discouraged me from the ship, because I know it's still there. Jack tried to live with it by stepping away. Sam also tried, but after Grace, realised it was kind of stupid to keep waiting on something that might not be happening, maybe wasn't existing anymore, and the clock was ticking for her. She went elsewhere (Pete), only to realize in Thread that it was completely losing who she was, and that it was still there. Showing emotions is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of humanity. But I would also have prefered that not to happen.
      I really, really miss the Sam/Jack dynamic from the early seasons.
      You might have start to feel bored after 8 years too
      However, when I say I want her to be one of the guys, it means that I want her belonging to the team without any restriction that is being allowed to have weaknesses like the guys but not being weak.
      Don't worry, she's one of the guys
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
        So . . . thank you all for being so welcoming . . . but I must say, I'm at a loss as to how I can contribute. Frankly, it sounds like everything that could be said already has been. Any thoughts as to what I could add to your discussion? I am willing to try my hand at writing more songs, if you'd like that. My newest song on the musical thread is Sam-related, if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

~Sarah

(I was really impressed with the index, BTW. And happy birthday to all who have a birthday . . . mine's coming up - I'll be the big 1-7!)
        Well you can generally just say how great Sam is
        You can posts pics of Sam/Amanda
        You can give your opinion on how she was in an episode
        You can comment on the direction her character is going in
        and most of all just have fun
        Oh yes and wish people a happy birthday
        Originally posted by Historian
        Euh, Daniel and Sha're, Daniel and Sarah, Teal'c and his wife, Teal'c and Ishta, Jack and Laira, Jack and Kerry.
        You forgot Teal'c and Shau'nac
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
          Happy Birthday SamFan31 and carter1000!
          I concur - indeed! With all due respect, of course. You have a go to have a fabulous birthday. And that's just how *I* feel about it.
          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            Well you can generally just say how great Sam is
            You can posts pics of Sam/Amanda
            You can give your opinion on how she was in an episode
            You can comment on the direction her character is going in
            and most of all just have fun
            Oh yes and wish people a happy birthday
            Can I write? Lots of people tell me writing is like my natural strength or something . . . I can write essays and stories and bad song parodies. I have written some short pieces on problems I have with episodes or characterizations I particularly admire. I can post those if you like. Writing is fun for me . . . so that would count . . . maybe?

I could go on and on about how much I like Sam . . . but I won't for lack of space. As for pictures - hmm . . . don't know if I could find any that haven't shown up already . . . unless I go to a con where Amanda is. Opinions re specific episodes . . . I wish her boyfriends didn't all die . . . but that's another issue, another thread.

As for the direction of her character: I was glad that she got a promotion . . . God knows she deserves more than that for all the times she's saved the world - not to mention emotional scarring from being in Felger's house.

And I am definitely having fun right now!

Well wouldja look at that . . . a whole essay already. Now I think I'll have to write another on how much my face is hurting from all the .

See you all on the other side!

~Sarah, who loves Sam and also has a way with words

(If anyone doesn't think I'm mad by now, please tell me. )
            Call me Sarah . . .
            • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
            • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
            • Trek forever!

Comment

Psstt ! Historian ! That's what I wa saying ! I never had the feeling that they never had romantic interests : that's to say that I have always had the feeling that they had romantic interests.
              Just making fun of you !
              By the way, I'm surprised at the lack of reaction at Laira's name. Shippers of the world, where are you ?
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
                Can I write? Lots of people tell me writing is like my natural strength or something . . . I can write essays and stories and bad song parodies. I have written some short pieces on problems I have with episodes or characterizations I particularly admire. I can post those if you like. Writing is fun for me . . . so that would count . . . maybe?

I could go on and on about how much I like Sam . . . but I won't for lack of space. As for pictures - hmm . . . don't know if I could find any that haven't shown up already . . . unless I go to a con where Amanda is. Opinions re specific episodes . . . I wish her boyfriends didn't all die . . . but that's another issue, another thread.

As for the direction of her character: I was glad that she got a promotion . . . God knows she deserves more than that for all the times she's saved the world - not to mention emotional scarring from being in Felger's house.

And I am definitely having fun right now!

Well wouldja look at that . . . a whole essay already. Now I think I'll have to write another on how much my face is hurting from all the .

See you all on the other side!

~Sarah, who loves Sam and also has a way with words

(If anyone doesn't think I'm mad by now, please tell me. )
                Writing would be excellent - post anything you like (not all at once though)

We dont mind if you write loads and loads we will read it but you might not get much of a response

We dont mind if you post pics that have been posted before its nice to revisit pics now and again

Madness is quite normal around here
                Originally posted by Lys
                By the way, I'm surprised at the lack of reaction at Laira's name. Shippers of the world, where are you ?
                Seems Laira doesnt have many fans
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Seems Laira doesnt have many fans
                  LOL ! Poor woman ! Maybe she'd get some fans if she were to be paired with Kinsey !
                  And the lack of unidentified flying objets is the shining proof that kindness reigns here !
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    LOL ! Poor woman ! Maybe she'd get some fans if she were to be paired with Kinsey !
                    If they killed her off then maybe
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      And the lack of unidentified flying objets is the shining proof that kindness reigns here !
                      I actually liked Laira up until the last 10mins of the show, but like Pete they really wrote her poorly. Granted we don't know for certain how much she heard of the conversation or if Teal'c was trying to rescue Jack, but her selfishness nearly cost Teal'c his life. I don't care for people like that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMFAN31!!

Here's a new Amanda Wall for everyone.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 31 August 2005, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I know how you feel, startrekempress. I don't feel I have anything to offer and, as many times as I come to this thread to read it, I really don't have anything original to add. I could just chime in occasionally with, "Yea, Sam!" but that's just a transparent attempt to raise post counts. Actually, this reply isn't much better, I guess. I prefer my posts to have some substance and I don't seem to be doing that in this thread. So... I still like Sam, but if I don't post, know that I'm lurking and I'll say something when I have something of substance to add. Or I just feel like typing, like now apparently...

Oh, yeah...

YEA, SAM!!!

[and thanks for the warm welcomes!]

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Here's a new Amanda wall for everyone.
                          Its wonderful
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            I concur - indeed! With all due respect, of course. You have a go to have a fabulous birthday. And that's just how *I* feel about it.
                            LOL, great post.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Here's a new Amanda wall for everyone.
                              I love it, Kat. Actually, I love all of the new additions on your webpage, too. Would have given you green, but...well, you know the story.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Would have given you green, but...well, you know the story.
                                Same here
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X