No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]You know, I've been worried about that since we found out that Vala was going to be with us, and I'm not going to worry any more. TPTB love Amanda. Most of the fans love Amanda and Sam. So far, I've been pleased with the role she's played in her first two eps (except for how she accepted the patch with a grin from Mitchell). I think TPTB not only tell us things to keep us stirred up. I think they also DON'T tell us things to keep us stirred up. So my new policy is not to worry. I'm not even worried about
    Spoiler:
    Vala being confirmed for Crusade. It doesn't mean Jack won't also be back. It's a two-parter! Plenty of storylines! Trupi on the J/S Ship Thread says Don S. Davis told her personally that RDA would be back for those two eps, and I believe both of them!
    See? Me? Not worried!

Now THAT is good news
    Spoiler:
    all the family back together

*Doing happy SGC dance*
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

And in a pathetic attempt to keep SaGC at the top of the page for just a wee bit longer...

Happy Birthday, SamFan31!!!

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
        I do hope you Sam-lovers (not that I'm not one too ) will forgive me for making the J-A-C-K song on the musical thread . . . it was meant as a parody and not as an insult.

I love Sam . . . she's the kind of person I always wanted to be, and now know I am not capable of being. Still, I cannot imagine a better role model for girls today. (If you don't count her ::cough:: relations with Pete . . .) She proves that you can have a sucessful career and that doesn't mean you can't also have male admirers and possibly boyfriends. Frankly, I doubt I have much to say that all of you haven't said, except that I wish that more girls were shown role models like Sam from the beginning so they had more idea of what they could do with their lives.

~Sarah, a dedicated Sam fan temporarily at a loss for words (hey, I can't read 735 pages!)
        Welcome, Sarah! Kindness reigns here.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Happy Birthday SamFan31 and carter1000!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            OI! I heard that!

Ahem...
            Anyway, got another fic rec - A Sam/Teal'c one. From Teal'c's POV too, the rarest kind
            Promises Kept by HelsinkiBaby.
            A man that was so beautiful. *sniff* Man I love Teal'c. Wish we could see more scenes like this between Sam and Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Wow... Hmmm....

So... Should I blame YOU for my nightmares this evening, or the creators of this crazy video?
              Nightmares!! LOL
              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              New photos from Prototype are posted on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/909_06.shtml

Sam is in one.
              Now we know shes still there
              Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              That's so weird! I didn't think she was in ANY of them earlier today!

*cue Twilight Zone theme*
              Those were the pics from Stargate-Project
              Originally posted by jerin
              Happy Birthday SamFan31 and carter1000!
              Happy Birthday from me aswell
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

SamFan31:

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Happy Birthday, SamFan31!

Comment

Happy Birthday SamFan31!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Lys, you are so DEAD

And no dual at dawn. I have all that frustration to take out, and hand to hand combat (level 3, advanced, mustn't forget it) is the only satisfactory way

About that conversation between Sam and Barrett.

Do you recall that answer at Comic con, gift from Tsaxlady and Über ?

AT said that the authors had come with a brilliant story line that made us unsure if Sam and Jack were together or not. They are going to play with us (US= S/J shippers, of course) every step of the way. So, if we don’t want to go insane before the end of all that adventure, I think we shouldn’t kee our hopes to high.

Personnally, I’m looking forward to see HOW they are going to make us insane. That should be fun to watch.

"Not exactly". It doesn’t mean yes, and it doesn’t mean no.

But we all know that she chose Jack at the end of Threads, whatever and whenever (it) happens.

~insert innocent voice~ Why am I dead ?
                        And I'm going to dig a deeper hole for myself. I might as well use it as a shield against flying penguin missiles.
                        Where did you hear Sam say in Threads that she chosed Jack ?

More seriously, I have nothing against our dear shippers, it's just that I don't want to see anymore of "Sam needs to have a romantic interest to be happy". I've had enough of that in the past two years.
                        However, I applause at scientist Sam and soldier Sam. I want to see her being one of the guys and not the woman of the team. More than anything else, it's the team that brought me to Stargate and it's the team feeling that makes it so great.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          More seriously, I have nothing against our dear shippers, it's just that I don't want to see anymore of "Sam needs to have a romantic interest to be happy". I've had enough of that in the past two years.
                          However, I applause at scientist Sam and soldier Sam. I want to see her being one of the guys and not the woman of the team. More than anything else, it's the team that brought me to Stargate and it's the team feeling that makes it so great.
                          Exactly my feeling. I just said I prefer Barrett over Jack b/c I *so* hate the Sam/Jack thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            I want to see her being one of the guys and not the woman of the team.
                            Because the guys have never had romantic relationships or demonstrated personal desires beyond their jobs. Was Daniel the "guy of the team" because he was married?

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I just said I prefer Barrett over Jack b/c I *so* hate the Sam/Jack thing.
                            By "thing" you mean years of deeply-held emotion? Thankfully for Sam (and us), she chooses differently.

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Lys
                              I want to see her being one of the guys and not the woman of the team.

Because the guys have never had romantic relationships or demonstrated personal desires beyond their jobs. Was Daniel the "guy of the team" because he was married?

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by jckfan55
                              I just said I prefer Barrett over Jack b/c I *so* hate the Sam/Jack thing.

By "thing" you mean years of deeply-held emotion? Thankfully for Sam (and us), she chooses differently.
                              I'm not sure I understand what you mean with Daniel, but I never had the feeling that the guys (Jack, Daniel and Teal'c) never showed an interest for romantic feelings. What is the problem for me is how the writers handled the matter with Sam. I think the Sam/Jack dynamic was wonderful in the first seasons because it was fun, it was flirty but it never ruined their friendship. Then, came Devide and Conquer. And it ruined everything. No more comfortable scenes of friendship between Jack and Sam. It was impossible. But lots of silences, of angsty moments. I had the feeling I was watching a soap opera sometimes. Add to this, that in my opinion, playing with this issue for so long was something I couldn't understand. I thought it was unbelievable. And the more I was watching, especially seasons 7 and 8, the more I ran away of the ship.
                              I really, really miss the Sam/Jack dynamic from the early seasons. I was willing to give the ship a chance althought it's not why I'm watching the show, but not anymore. And more than the change in the dynamic, I didn't like how the emphasis on her "Jack issues" turned Sam into a weak character, not able to made her mind by herself.
                              Compare it to what happened with Daniel and Sarah/Osiris. In Summit/Last Stand, he made a mistake because it was Sarah he was facing and not a random Goa'uld. But it didn't turn him into a weak character, he didn't act out of character.
                              I know most of you are shippers and are going to disagree with me, but all I wanted to say is that I'll never be a Jack/Sam shipper because the way their relationship evolved almost ruined Sam's character in my opinion. I'm not ready for another round of Sam as she was written lately. However, when I say I want her to be one of the guys, it means that I want her belonging to the team without any restriction that is being allowed to have weaknesses like the guys but not being weak.

Woo ! That was a long post. I beg for your forgiveness. I promise I won't rant anymore about that.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

So . . . thank you all for being so welcoming . . . but I must say, I'm at a loss as to how I can contribute. Frankly, it sounds like everything that could be said already has been. Any thoughts as to what I could add to your discussion? I am willing to try my hand at writing more songs, if you'd like that. My newest song on the musical thread is Sam-related, if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

~Sarah

(I was really impressed with the index, BTW. And happy birthday to all who have a birthday . . . mine's coming up - I'll be the big 1-7!)
                                Call me Sarah . . .
                                • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                                • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                                • Trek forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X