Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    Yup, you are probably right - maybe some briefing/team scenes, but that'll be most likely it.
    Its possible she will be at Area 51 doing something or be with Cassie
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Haha, Pistols at Dawn is it?
      I'll be your second. I see her way more with Barrett than O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        Wow... Hmmm....

So... Should I blame YOU for my nightmares this evening, or the creators of this crazy video?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          I'll be your second. I see her way more with Barrett than O'Neill.
          Aawwww! Not another one!! Still, Barrett's a cutie. Cuter with red hair, though.

Comment

I really like the 3rd one. That is an absolutely beautiful shot of Amanda.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
              I do hope you Sam-lovers (not that I'm not one too ) will forgive me for making the J-A-C-K song on the musical thread . . . it was meant as a parody and not as an insult.

[my snip]

~Sarah, a dedicated Sam fan temporarily at a loss for words (hey, I can't read 735 pages!)
              Welcome! I feel you on the 735 pages; I joined Samanda on page 394 (or so) and still working my way back! A cool downtime task; you'll be surprised what this thread's had to say!

And much luv for your creative songs on the musical site. See you again on the other site!

Just sayin'.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Woo, I can't wait till Friday. I voted for every show on the list except 1969. As for 2010, I have to admit it's one of my all-time favorite episodes. I thought the acting job by everyone involved was absolutely superb and Brad outdid himself once again by writing a story involving Sam that was heartwrenchingly beautiful. I'm really sad he won't be writing more for season 9 because I really think he does the best job at showing all the wonderful sides of Sam.

(

Yeah, the viewer choices for the Friday Marathon are really good -- I like the fact that there are some good team ones like Lost City I and II and 1969, then two fairly Sam-centric ones --2010 and A Matter of Time , and then of course Windows of Opportunity.

WoO is probably my favorite humorous stargate episode. I usually don't like the humorous episodes, but for me this episode has the right blend of humor, scifi, with a very poignant ending.

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
                  I do hope you Sam-lovers (not that I'm not one too ) will forgive me for making the J-A-C-K song on the musical thread . . . it was meant as a parody and not as an insult.

I love Sam . . . she's the kind of person I always wanted to be, and now know I am not capable of being. Still, I cannot imagine a better role model for girls today. (If you don't count her ::cough:: relations with Pete . . .) She proves that you can have a sucessful career and that doesn't mean you can't also have male admirers and possibly boyfriends. Frankly, I doubt I have much to say that all of you haven't said, except that I wish that more girls were shown role models like Sam from the beginning so they had more idea of what they could do with their lives.

~Sarah, a dedicated Sam fan temporarily at a loss for words (hey, I can't read 735 pages!)
                  Lol, no prob! sometimes, lyrics just have to be written! No matter the cost! J-A-C-K was great Btw!

Hehe, I've always had a firm belief that women don't need to attribute themselves to men to be equal, but attribute themselves to themselves for equality in the sight of God. (Though a few masculine traits don't hurt, my fav female characters on TV are usually pretty androgenous anyway...not that Sam's very androgenous actually...) And that in itself makes for a great role model. So, anyhoo, Sam/AT's done a pretty good job not forcibly trying to be one of the guys. She is 'one of da guys' already, lol. So...rock on. Hic Comitas Regit and all that..

*posp back in lurk*
                  Last edited by Osiris-RA; 30 August 2005, 06:15 PM. Reason: Freakin' typos...
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

[QUOTE=Dani76]I guess, you're right. Well, we know we will see soldier Sam in Babylon (looking forward to that one), just don't know how involved she will be in that ep.

She'll definitely have a bigger part in TFH as you said - Scientist Sam - another ep to look forward to.

As to Prototype - I have no idea - they just posted new pictures for that ep on the stargate project site: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=183
                    Not one of Sam But then again, there were no pictures of her posted for BH or EDM and she was involved big time - so who knows.

All we know so far is what JM posted in his thread - BEWARE, SPOILERS for Season 9:
                    Spoiler:
                    He said that she will be playing a major role in Beachhead (yup, that was awesome) and 4th Horsemen I and II, that she'll be part of an investigation in Ex Deus (I thought she was more than a part of the investigation ), and part of a search in Babylon. No mention of Prototype. For the second half of Season 9 he said that Sam would be involved big time in Ripple Effect, as well as Collateral Damage, Ethon, and Stronghold.

I guess, we'll just have to wait and see...

[QUOTE]

Nice summary. Yup, we'll just have to wait and see. And Off the Grid looks like a good team episode. And then the last three episodes are an unknown. My hope is that the last three will have each character play a prominent role. Usually that does happen in season finales/cliffhangers.

Welcome, Startrekempress!! Yes, Sam is a great role model!!

Comment

as far as samanda goes, the more the merrier!!

welcome to all our newbies
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        So, reading about upcoming episodes on GW, with the exception of Fourth Horseman, it doesn't sound like Sam plays a pivotal roll in any of them.

Anyone else get that impression, too?
                        You know, I've been worried about that since we found out that Vala was going to be with us, and I'm not going to worry any more. TPTB love Amanda. Most of the fans love Amanda and Sam. So far, I've been pleased with the role she's played in her first two eps (except for how she accepted the patch with a grin from Mitchell). I think TPTB not only tell us things to keep us stirred up. I think they also DON'T tell us things to keep us stirred up. So my new policy is not to worry. I'm not even worried about
                        Spoiler:
                        Vala being confirmed for Crusade. It doesn't mean Jack won't also be back. It's a two-parter! Plenty of storylines! Trupi on the J/S Ship Thread says Don S. Davis told her personally that RDA would be back for those two eps, and I believe both of them!
                        See? Me? Not worried!
                        Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        Its possible she will be at Area 51 doing something or be with Cassie
                        .....or with Jack!

Comment

New photos from Prototype are posted on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/909_06.shtml

Sam is in one.

Comment

Stumbled across a great little fic

West by minnow1212. Sam stranded off world looking for her team. Got some really nice Sam characterisation

Comment

Oh, and JM has been posting again:
                              Originally posted by JMallozzi
                              Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              ...To provide us some hope that Carter will be a central team member (not that she will be the focus of every ep or even half, or a quarter, of the eps she is in, only that she will be an integral part of the team and the show...
                              I think that Carter fans will enjoy season 9. And they may also want to check out Atlantis's "Grace Under Pressure".

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                New photos from Prototype are posted on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/909_06.shtml

Sam is in one.
                                That's so weird! I didn't think she was in ANY of them earlier today!

*cue Twilight Zone theme*

Comment

Working...
                                X