No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, ya gotta admire Barret for trying - he's whupped. Can you blame him?

Okay, I've been writing lyrics for the Stargate the Musical thread and I wrote one for Jack to sing to Sam (skip if you are an anti-jack/sam shipper person):

Irving Berlin's Always

[1st verse:]
    Ev'rything went wrong
    And the whole day long
    I was feeling so blue.
    For the longest while
    Jacob and Selmak couldn't smile
    They were hiding the truth from you.
    Now that they have passed
    Now that I've taken you fishing at last

[Refrain:]
    I'll be loving you, always
    Casting for that ever elusive crrrrrappy, always

When the missions you've planned
    Need a helping hand
    I will understand
    Yasureyoubetcha snooookems, always

System Lords may not be fair, always
    That's when I'll be there, always
    Not for just a Jaffa chase
    When you're stuck in outer space
    And wherever the Ori surface
    But always
    Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 29 August 2005, 07:13 AM. Reason: left out the jack'isms
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      Hey, ya gotta admire Barret for trying - he's whupped. Can you blame him?
      Not in the slightest
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        Not in the slightest
        hmmm, sounds like he's not the only one.....

Wow, Q, I remember back in the day when you only had 5,000 posts.

And I have to say all you guys that are on this thread are very respectful of Amanda, its not a lust-fest like other threads I've seen. Its a pleasure to share this corner of cyberspace with you. Long live SAGC!

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
          hmmm, sounds like he's not the only one.....

Wow, Q, I remember back in the day when you only had 5,000 posts.

And I have to say all you guys that are on this thread are very respectful of Amanda, its not a lust-fest like other threads I've seen. Its a pleasure to share this corner of cyberspace with you. Long live SAGC!
          I guess not

Its a bit blurred but I remember some of it

Well you have to remember that she is a human being and not some blowup doll
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Woo, I can't wait till Friday. I voted for every show on the list except 1969. As for 2010, I have to admit it's one of my all-time favorite episodes. I thought the acting job by everyone involved was absolutely superb and Brad outdid himself once again by writing a story involving Sam that was heartwrenchingly beautiful. I'm really sad he won't be writing more for season 9 because I really think he does the best job at showing all the wonderful sides of Sam.

BJR, I'm sure most of us would love to see your con tape if you can manage to get it up online.

I'd love to respond to more of the discussions that have been going on lately, but the system won't let me quote anyone and Im tired of losing all of my responses.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I'd love to respond to more of the discussions that have been going on lately, but the system won't let me quote anyone and Im tired of losing all of my responses.
              Try clearing the cache to do that go to tools and then internet options in IE - Click delete cookies and then delete files close the browser and try again
              In Firefox tools then options then privacy then click the clear button next to cache and restart the browser

Someone else had the same problem and this fixed it - if you need more help ask me on MSN
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                How about a link to this homage?
                I can't cause I don't have an own website. I made it in Word and on the 27th I sended my homage to the site, if you know the url, maybe you can see it there, I believe the title was: A Sam for every day

I still have it, send yer e-mail adress if ya wanna see it.

BTW I hope the site allowed the seize, maybe it was to big.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                  I can't cause I don't have an own website. I made it in Word and on the 27th I sended my homage to the site, if you know the url, maybe you can see it there, I believe the title was: A Sam for every day

I still have it, send yer e-mail adress if ya wanna see it.

BTW I hope the site allowed the seize, maybe it was to big.
                  Check your inbox my email address will be there!

If you want I will put it up on the internet for others to download
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Woo, I can't wait till Friday. I voted for every show on the list except 1969. As for 2010, I have to admit it's one of my all-time favorite episodes. I thought the acting job by everyone involved was absolutely superb and Brad outdid himself once again by writing a story involving Sam that was heartwrenchingly beautiful. I'm really sad he won't be writing more for season 9 because I really think he does the best job at showing all the wonderful sides of Sam.

BJR, I'm sure most of us would love to see your con tape if you can manage to get it up online.

I've been having the SAME problem since last week. It's driving me nuts!!!!! I have to try multiple times and even then, it doesn't always work. My posts are getting shorter and shorter.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      Ok, so I've had a chance to watch EDM last night and I'll have to say that this was one of the better episodes of the season. Sam was terrific in it. And I adored her conversation with Barrett. Poor guy, he just doesn't know when to quit, does he? My little shipper heart did a tiny SQUEEE with their conversation. I'm not convinced that there's anything between Cam and Sam (non-shippy of course) other than they're two AF collegues. I'll probably watch it again, as I was trying to recover from flying all day.
                      After the little exchange between Barrett and Sam, I literally jumped off the sofa! She has to be talking about Jack, NOT Cam. Come on, Joe M. has been stringing us along for years, but perhaps the season finale will be a VERY memorable one???? Or am I just dreaming? (deep sigh).
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        After the little exchange between Barrett and Sam, I literally jumped off the sofa! She has to be talking about Jack, NOT Cam. Come on, Joe M. has been stringing us along for years, but perhaps the season finale will be a VERY memorable one???? Or am I just dreaming? (deep sigh).
                        Wake up Lida - then you will realise she was talking about Thor
                        love Torri

Comment

Hey! What's the status on the Gatecon video? I read that a lot of people were interested in helping, but I wasn't sure if you guys had come to a decision yet

Comment

You're not dreaming. It's definitely Mr. O'Neill!!
                            sigpic

Comment

S9 SPOILER SPACE

Wow, I hadn't even thought of her and Cam. Kinda makes you go hmmmm. I agree, it HAS to be Jack. Joe - with the Aschen, Nerim - supposedly anihilated by the Goa'uld, Pete - SO over, Thor - don't see it, Martouf - donated parts to science, Baal - too dang many of 'im (will the real Baal please stand up??); guy from Space Race - too alien. That leaves Orlin or Jack. Did I miss anyone?

Here's my thoughts all along, and especially after EDM: isn't the only way Jack and Sam could be together is if they weren't in each others' line of command? Maybe they will say that's why Jack moved out of the SGC? Which would allow Sam to still serve on SG-1 AND be with Jack?

Dunno, but I agree with Lida, I had to put it on pause for a minute and get myself together.

Spoiler:
                              I seem to recall reading somewhere that earth will be hit by a plague from the Ori and someone from Sam's past will come back and lend a hand. Could that leave the proverbial door open to Orlin reenetering Sam's life? Or maybe I'm dreaming like Lida and I didn't really read that...
                              Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 29 August 2005, 09:29 AM. Reason: oh and one more thing....

Comment

Dude, if it was Cameron, I think AT and several other member of the cast/crew/production staff would have some problems.

Though I'm diggin' the "cousins" or "close as cousins" theory. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X