No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant see the cousins thing happening - they would have mentioned it and Sam would have known more about Mitchell such as his callsign
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by brjsg1
      This is my first post ever. Mostly just read. Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Figured I would put it here anyway. I know this is more of a Sam thread but I read a while ago someone wanted clips of Amanda from cons etc.

Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ
      cool any pics of our beloved queen is a treat. Do you have a website that you could link here.

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!

Royal Page of Samanda
        "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          As am I - If your reading Amanda Happy Birthday again

Comment

oddly enough, i kinda like the cousins idea

it would explain sam's familiarity, cam's involvement with the sgc
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and i also agree on the 'co-leader' bit.

i think that, on paper, cam is the commander of sg1. but i think he's also intelligent enough to know that sam, daniel and teal'c know more than he ever will about the gate.

that is actually what i like about him, that he's not all pushy and 'i'm the boss, listen to me'

he's humble, which is good

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

i think that, on paper, cam is the commander of sg1. but i think he's also intelligent enough to know that sam, daniel and teal'c know more than he ever will about the gate.

that is actually what i like about him, that he's not all pushy and 'i'm the boss, listen to me'

You're so right, I totally agree. And I also like the whole cousins idea - nice thought.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by brjsg1
                  Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ
                  I would so looovve to get that video - would be great if you could link it somehow so that we can download it. Thanks for the post and the offer.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hi MajorSam, Welcome back!!!

Can't wait to hear about your adventures...

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

This is totally off-topic but I wanted to ask everyone to please take a moment to say a prayer for the people located in the southern part of the United States. I'm sure if you live in the United States you have already heard about the hurricane that is about to hit Louisianna, Mississippi and Alabama. Hurricane Katrina has been categorized a level 5 hurricane and is at present time is ranked the 4th largest Atlantic based hurricane ever.

Perhaps it's the fact that I share the name with this Hurricane, but I find it very disheartening to turn on the television or radio and hear my name be spoken over and over in such a cataclysmic manner.

I know today is Amanda's birthday and I hate to have to bring down the mood on the thread, but I know Amanda, being the warm and caring person that she is, would also want us to keep these people in our prayers.

Kat

Comment

Me too. I just don't know how well this will work for Mitchell's character though.

The writers need to give him something that is unique to him -- this may happen in the next episode. It is not clear what he actually adds to SG1, although I do like him. His leadership situation kind of reminds me of Sam's last season---who was Sam really the leader of? Teal'c and Daniel? Not really. How can Mitchell really "lead" Sam, Teal'c and Daniel?

Given what I've seen so far I can't see why Sam wouldn't lead, given her experience. I wonder if the writers are trying to avoid this issue? The producers think---oh we need another male lead to replace RDA, but maybe they didn't think through exactly how this would work. Maybe it would have been better to create a whole different kind of character that would have added to SG1---a military character, but one that would offer something unique to the team, and where Carter would still lead the team.

I like Ben Browder---I just am wondering how exactly Cam fits into the Stargate universe. I guess we shall see!!

Comment

yeah, this is worst case scenario for new orleans.

on any given day, the city naturally exists about 30-50 feet below sea level. sea walls, levees and pumps keep it dry. but a storm surge of 30 feet can wreck all that. not to mention that a good chunk of the peopel can't get out. no matter how you try, you can't evac a city the size of new orleans in 2-3 days.

it's been said that over a million people will become homeless and that this storm is expected to be a tropical storm/depression all the way inland into illinios/iowa

it's going to be a very bad week for peopel in that part of the country

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ForeverSg1]This is totally off-topic but I wanted to ask everyone to please take a moment to say a prayer for the people located in the southern part of the United States. I'm sure if you live in the United States you have already heard about the hurricane that is about to hit Louisianna, Mississippi and Alabama. Hurricane Katrina has been categorized a level 5 hurricane and is at present time is ranked the 4th largest Atlantic based hurricane ever.

Perhaps it's the fact that I share the name with this Hurricane, but I find it very disheartening to turn on the television or radio and hear my name be spoken over and over in such a cataclysmic manner.

I know today is Amanda's birthday and I hate to have to bring down the mood on the thread, but I know Amanda, being the warm and caring person that she is, would also want us to keep these people in our prayers.

Kat [QUOTE]

Yes, I've been hearing about this all day---thanks for posting this message.

Comment

or, more along my line of thinking, mgm/scifi thinks they need a male lead.

part of it is the typical tv cliche...must have a leading male. another part of it is, well amanda's got better things to think about in her life right now and by bringing in cam, they give her the time off she needs adn wants

I think, and maybe i'm inferring a lot, that Ben himself knows that he's treading on shaky ground. he's 'replacing' a popular character, semi replacing another adn then there is the whole 'sam deserves to lead' ideal

i think that's why they're playing it low and careful. this season is a huge risk, and if they alienate all the jack fans and the sam fans, they run the risk of losing the whole thing. More than one show has died after its lead has been replaced

sigpic

Comment

it seemed to me that things were shot out of order a lot. in some scenes her waist looked a bit fuller, but in others it didn't.
                                That's what I thought.

not only does she have to deal with the body changes of carrying a child, but also of breast feeding so things will change a bit. post partum women are often discouraged from dieting drastically when they are breastfeeding because they are eating for two

personally, i don't care if she's a size 14, as long as she's there and happy.
                                Hear, hear! I think it's just the fact that we know she just had a baby that leads us (me) to notice these things. Not meant as criticism by any stretch of the imagination. Not to sound hokey--ok, I'll go ahead and sound hokey--much of her beauty comes from within--she's just a neat person. Hail the Queen!

Comment

Working...
                                X