X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMANDA

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

And here is my small contribution to celebrating Amanda's special day - just to show her a little bit how much we appreciate her:

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        And here is my small contribution to celebrating Amanda's special day - just to show her a little bit how much we appreciate her:

Thats lovely and I agree completely
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          Y'know, I can't help think Sam's just pandering to Mitchy. I mean - come on, we all know who's really in charge.
          i sorta get the idea that she's thinking 'dude, i've been in charge. you want the paperwork? go for it. Me? I'll just tag along for the ride'

she knows that he'll defer to her in matters that are important and i think she's willing to let him do all the grunt work to make it happen
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            According to this MajorSam is 4 today!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=4049
            lol happy 4th birthday MajorSam then!
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Wow - hope I'm not too late...

HAPPY B-DAY AMANDA!!!!
              Keep On Blowing Us Away, Kid!!
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Isnt she a bit old to be called Kid? lol
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i sorta get the idea that she's thinking 'dude, i've been in charge. you want the paperwork? go for it. Me? I'll just tag along for the ride'

she knows that he'll defer to her in matters that are important and i think she's willing to let him do all the grunt work to make it happen
                  You know, I can see this. Mostly because this is how I am in my job. I would rather not be a lead (getting paged 24X7, getting called on every problem) I would rather just be a grunt doing my job. Someone who the lead knows they can depend on.

On the other hand, I am nowhere near as smart or ambitious as Samantha Carter. Although her character has not "shown" too much ambition on the show, the fact is she could never be where she is if she didn’t have a ton of confidence in herself and a desire to push herself to achieve great things. But like I said she has never "showed" ambition so maybe she was just driven to achive these things to impress her dad and now she doesnt need to do that anymore.

At this point I am not sure if acquiescing the command would be out of character for her or not. I just know it wouldnt be for me so I know it is not impossible for someone to think that way. Because of this I would be ok if this was the decision she were to make. Besides to me she still seems in charge anyway, at least she did in EDM, so they can say whatever they want the fact is Daniel and Teal'c will listen to and do whatever they want.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I agree AGateFan - She seems happy to carry on as she is and while she is repeatedly saving the planet I think she can do whatever she likes
                    love Torri

Comment

I made this post in the Ex Deus Machina thread before I was aware that a similar discussion was going on here. There were more than a few comments regarding the fact that Carter seemed to be "in charge". She certainly has more command presence than Mitchell. Anyway, here:
                      Originally Posted by golfbooy:
                      I have to say that I agree with this. In Ex Deus Machina Carter seemed to very much be the leader to me. Maybe it's because Mitchell seemed so subordinate to Teal'c, but I'm not picking up on any "I"m the leader of SG-1" vibes from Mitchell. So far, seven episodes into season nine, I've seen no indication that Mitchell is in any way qualified to lead any SG team, let alone SG-1. He seems to be extremely qualified to be part of the team; he's certainly more qualified than Jonas ever was. And Ben Browder is doing a great job of conveying the newness of the whole SGC experience through Mitchell. He's very eager and very enthusiastic, but also very green. And, as was said above, he's clearly not the natural leader with a dominating presence that Jack O'neill was.

I understand that neither Daniel nor Teal'c is ever going to be considered "the leader", despite their ridiculously impressive resumes. But, once Carter returns, I can't see any real way to explain why the military officer with the most gate travel experience, the foremost practical expert on the Stargate itself, and the former leader of SG-1 who has been gone for, oh, a couple of months, wouldn't have command. It just doesn't make sense. Add to that the fact that Carter, at least to me, seems to be commanding during those scenes when someone has to be in charge, and I can't see Mitchell having much of a claim to command. If the writers are intent on Mitchell having command, then I'm going to need a scene where either Carter explains why she's not taking it, or a scene where Landry explains why she's not getting it.
                      PS
                      I could write tomes on why Carter should have command.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        Isnt she a bit old to be called Kid? lol
                        Lol, I call everyone kid. And you're never too old to..um..do stuff! Yeah! And all that other sentimental stuff, okaay...
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

love Torri

Comment

This is my first post ever. Mostly just read. Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Figured I would put it here anyway. I know this is more of a Sam thread but I read a while ago someone wanted clips of Amanda from cons etc.

Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ

Comment

Originally posted by brjsg1
                              This is my first post ever. Mostly just read. Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Figured I would put it here anyway. I know this is more of a Sam thread but I read a while ago someone wanted clips of Amanda from cons etc.

Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ
                              Sounds great - how big are the files?
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

Very nice and i add my Samandan birthday wishes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!! hope you have a good one and thankyou for giving us the wonderful character of Sam!
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X