Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Such as?

If you mean real life stuff - I have 3 'A' grades at A Level in Accounting, Computing and Economics
    Hey, a smart person!!! We can never have too many of those!
    Royal Page of Samanda
    "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

LOL - who said anything about Curry
      Ha-ha. I was hungry when writing the post. I was thinking of curry. Yum!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Such as?

If you mean real life stuff - I have 3 'A' grades at A Level in Accounting, Computing and Economics
        Well, I'm afraid we already have an accountant. Um...
        are you a guy? Cause you could always join the Samandan security force, which I think currently consists of AgentDark, 1speed, Carterslave and Strix (if there's more since I've not been here, please pipe up).

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Well, I'm afraid we already have an accountant. Um...
          are you a guy? Cause you could always join the Samandan security force, which I think currently consists of AgentDark, 1speed, Carterslave and Strix (if there's more since I've not been here, please pipe up).
          Hey, chicks can join the security team too!!! We're equal opputunity here...after all, our Queen's a girl, and she can kicks those guy's butts any day! (no offense guys!)
          Royal Page of Samanda

Comment

Has nobody found the history of Samanda's beans yet?
            qasimjavid has shown interest in magic beans, and I thought maybe we could find some of our old history. I will go looking then, as I am kind of interested. I've forgotten what all the beans were now, though I think we got them all mixed up all the time anyway.
            Talking about beans, our RA (royal accountant) bean counter hasn't been around. Coley??? Where are you?
            Ah, well... let's just say that for various reasons our dear Royal Accountant hasn't felt much like posting recently.

However, I have spotted her lurking in the bushes once or twice, and while I don't know quite what it'll take to tempt her out again, I'm sure she'll be pleased to know that you've missed her.

Comment

Cause you could always join the Samandan security force
              Yes I am a guy but I am not security force material
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Yes I am a guy but I am not security force material
                K, how about Head Footman? To keep us pages in line! Or maybe the Royal Butler?
                Royal Page of Samanda

Comment

Lets wait until the elders decide if I am eligible
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                    Hey, chicks can join the security team too!!! We're equal opputunity here...after all, our Queen's a girl, and she can kicks those guy's butts any day! (no offense guys!)
                    None taken. And FWIW, I'm sure Strix could probably kick my butt...

Comment

Mmk, sounds smart. I'm off to bed, gotta work tomorrow - night all! And good morning to those just waking up!
                      Royal Page of Samanda

Comment

welcome to all our new samandans!!

the more the merrier!!

and now to be a dash of cold water, let's leave our comments about other forum members, especially the troublesome kind, out of our thread. i'm sure we've all gotten dings from this little darling - well i know i've been so honored - but there is no need to sink to her level.

let her be ungenerous, rude and callous, not to mention narrow minded and selfish.

we are sam fans and we respect fans of other characters. we have our happy thread here and i'd like to keep it happy.

the ony thing discussing these other people will do is to increase the risk that she/they will feel the need to come into out nice little thread and muck it up with all her attitude

so onto more sam stuff.

have folks voted for their favorite fic in the awards? i believe the polls close today

have those artistic among us thought up some wallpapers to donate to kamil for the 'a year of sam carter' wallpaper idea he's wanting to do?
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          in many ways, vala served a vital purpose she filled in the lack of estrogen the show was suffering.
                          Unfortunately, I think the show is still suffering from that. I wish there were more female characters in general, & more likeable, strong female characters. and she was good for daniel. imho, she distracted shanks enough that he actually acted better in response to her than he did as a 'normal' daniel. around vala, shanks didn't try to hard so he acted more natural Danny is my 2nd fav character, next to Sam, but I didn't like the idea of a sex kitten being brought in for him. Even Pete had more depth.

and she did bring up a bit of the 'consequences of being snaked' bits that they've ignored for years - although big huge goobers to tptb for never dealing with that part of sam. I'm throwing goobers, too.

however HOW her character was introduced/portrayed got on my nerves.
                          yes, the sex kitten did get on my nerves. i personally found it cheap and trite for a show that has normally kept itself above that level.

in many ways, vala was a huge cliche. bad girl shown the light by the ever saintly daniel and mends her errant ways.

in beachhead, yes, she did have good lines and brought in some humor...but there were times when i wanted to slap her and shut her up. her irreverance in defiance to the serious nature of the plot got annoying That's what annoyed me the most of the way her character was written. If TPTB had to make her a cliched sex kitten, why did they also have to make her so annoying?

would i like her back? eh, whatever. if she's back as the smart mouthed sex kitten i'll pass. those are a dime a dozen.

if she's back as the angsted ex-host confronting her past then sure. in that character she has some depth. as the sex kitten she's nothing more than any other well endowed guest star in a too small and too revealing costume
                          Agreed.
                          thank you for posting your thoughts.

i think, for me, i wasn't against the 'idea' of a vala-type character, it's the delivery and the *extreme* over abundance of this character that's made me twitch. but i think even worse than that are the fans that *immediately* decided that vala was better than sam and should 'replace' her on the show and team. and literally every single one of these ppl had an agenda behind it.
                          I don't know what's up w/ these fans. I wouldn't want a cliched sex kitten/annoying loud-mouth to replace a character w/ depth, whether it was male or female. My problem is how that's even a consideration w/ Sam & I think it's because she's a female. Could you imagine having the same issue w/ let's say Teal'c's character? Would never happen.i never looked as vala as a replacement for sam, just a female character stand-in until sam/amanda returned. that's why i watched prometheus unbound last season, because i wanted to see sam's stand-in. i despised that ep, and was looking at all of vala's season 9 eps with dread. and then i saw how the show handled vala in s9. it's a 50/50 deal for me of a like/dislike situation.

season 7 spoilers below

let's say the writers hadn't offed janet, i think janet being sam's stand-in in season 9 would have been *wonderful*. first off, she wouldn't have just been 'daniel's' plaything, and we would have been seeing a respectable and loved character through these first five/six eps. That was exactly my thought. Hmm...I think we're being linked by the ancient thought sharing device.
                          like i said, i'm not against a vala-type character, just not played as all sex kitten or have her screen time take over the show. i like the jack-maybourne dynamic, and i sure as heck wouldn't want to see six eps in a row of it, especially when all the other characters were pushed back to the side for it.

do i want to see vala return? sure. i hope they spread her character around, though, and don't make her return appearance into another multiple ep arc in a row. please.
                          Agreed.

Congratulations to sg-1fanitin on 1,000 posts, Majorsal on 4,100, and deepspace on 300. Sorry if I’m forgetting anyone. I have to cut on my GW time due to work & impending start of school & end of beautiful, carefree summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            None taken. And FWIW, I'm sure Strix could probably kick my butt...
                            I don't know. My butt-kicking days are all but over. Damn arthritis. Too many years of getting clubbed by 300-pound brutes.

And in a totally unrelated message, tell Coley that she is definitely missed!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                              Agreed.

Agreed.

Congratulations to sg-1fanitin on 1,000 posts, Majorsal on 4,100, and deepspace on 300. Sorry if I’m forgetting anyone. I have to cut on my GW time due to work & impending start of school & end of beautiful, carefree summer.
                              I hope you'll visit us whenever you can!

Hugs,
                              Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I hope you'll visit us whenever you can!

Hugs,
                                Strix
                                Aww! Thanks, Strix. I'll try to stop by as much as I can. Big hug back.

Comment

Working...
                                X