• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Special Happy Birthday Wishes
    And Birthday Cake so delicious
    For our Bev known as dipsofjazz
    Another Samandan musician full of razzatazz
    Happy late birthday to you LE (lurker extroidinaire). Is there cake?

Which reminds me...
    Atteria used to bake those.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      A Samandan Rainbow

Some of you may be brand new
      And others here go back through and through
      Hundreds of pages of posts on Sam
      Our enthusiasm oft causing quite a logjam

We come from all lands and regions
      Yes, you could say that we are legion
      All converging on a single spot
      Admiring Sam Carter quite a lot

We've had moments of fun and teasing chatter
      And also posts on serious matters
      Through it all, we've tried to be kind
      And keep a fairly open mind

Respect for all and welcome too
      Became the rule of the land as we grew
      So here we are at 14000
      Quite a feat of Sam-Carter browsin'

Here's to SaGC on this special post
      May the thread continue to play warm host
      To all who are fans of AT and Sam so true
      Building a rainbow of devotion with many different hues!

"Hic Comitas Regit"
      Here Kindness Reigns ...
      wonderful post for 14000! Yay jester .
      I can't believe we've made it to page 700 here. This is an amazing place to stick around for so long, in harmony. Hic Comitas Regit! And it reflects the people who live here.
      Sorry, did I just say live? I meant visit... really, I did. Visit.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Need to have over 1800 posts to get custom avatars. But you'll get some extra ones at 800 posts.
        Qasimjavid: You need to have 1801 posts before you can use a custom avatar

My name is Qasim without a 'U' - My avatar is from the season 9 cast pics
        http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml
        Specifically http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/graphi...s9cast_13.shtml

Lots more of my avs are a few pages back

Heres some more that I made today
        1801? well, looks like custom avatars are out of the picture.
        800? *glances sideways at post count* it's going to be a long road yet...

well, at least I get to look at all the pretties that you make, qasimjavid and others . It's qasim, without a U. How many attempts, and I got it hopelessly wrong . Apologies. I shall refrain from shortening your name to qasim, and shall try to remember there's no U. All this hastle with U's on this thread. First Uber wants dots above hers, and qasimjavid doesn't even have one.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          wheeee, i'm home, FINALLY.

two weeks and 2000 miles later, i'm in my own room, my own chair, in front of my own tv and watching beachhead. ssh, don't tell me now it ends, i have 12 minutes to go

I'm glad that y'all have been good and have had fun and finally, season 9 begins
          skydiver: all about my trip huh?

well

saturday, drove to omaha where i met with sue and spent the night
          sunday, we headed out, driving through to denver to pick up lisa then onto grand junction where we spent the night
          monday, onto arches national park where we hiked and walked...lots of hiking and walking. made our way up to the delicate arch, which is a heck of a walk, and other arches in the park. boy o boy was it HOT. i sweated in places no one should sweat
          tuesday, onto las vegas where we met up with the rest of our group who were flying in.
          wednesday, off to the grand canyon. on our drive, we found out that the mechanic who said 'your tires are fine, they dont need to be replaced until winter' obviously has no idea how stressful desert heat is on rubber. we blew out a tire and spent a couple of hours beside the road waiting for AAA. everything worked out ok. we got to find out that many of the rocks in arizona are volcanic innature, watch a thunderstorm blow up and met a nice highway patrol man.
          wed night, we finally arrived at the GC.
          thursday am, yep, doing what most tourists must do, hike down into the GC. ok, so only a half mile or so but it's all down then up so it was really hard. took me like 3-4 hours. but it was fantastic. you walk down into this huge chasm and are l iterally walking into the depths of the earth.
          friday am, we meant to hike down again, but decided to hike along the rim. which is just as cool. in places the trail is literally inches from the drop off, but it's not really scary, just cool. got to see a condor from a distance, along with some other critters
          saturday, we went to do laundry and came face to face with a HUGE elk. this animal was six feet tall at the head, another couple of feet of antlers. he wasa 14 point buck (meaning he had 14 branches on his antlers)
          sunday, drove back to las vegas, via the hoover dam. another awesome sight. we went to see Mamma Mia, a musical which i recommend to anyone.
          monday was sight seeing in las vegas. we walked up and down the strip. that night a few of the group went to see Mystere then met up iwth the rest of us for dinner
          Tuesday was the Star Trek experience, where i got to heckle a very tall Klingon, and then we had dinner at a Fondue restaurant.
          Sky!!!!!!
          Yay, we have Our Mod back.
          Thankyou for telling us about your trip. I'm glad you're back though. Missed you thoroughly.

I haven't seen much of astro since she got back. I want to hear about her trip too . Volcanoes *goes dreamy*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            wednesday, we left las vegas and drove through zion national park and made our way to the navaho indian reservation
            thrusday we left kayente arizona and drove through mesa verde national park. in this place they have original cliff dwellings, made over 1000 years ago. people lived there and it's fantastic to see what they accomplished.
            we saw the glen canyon dam and spent the night in kayenta (which i would not necessarily recomment, it's horribly over priced)
            friday, drove through monument valley - where they taped a ton of old westerns - and made it through a good part of colorado in addition to the four corners area. for those that don't know, four corners is in hte middle of indian country (literally. reservations) and is the only place in the country where four states meet. you can stand in four states at once.
            we did some shopping - native americans are there selling thier jewelry and crafts - and headed across colorado. We spent the night somewhere in south western colorado and headed across the state friday am
            we made it all the way across colorado and up through denver to drop off one of hte group, then onto nebraska
            we spent the night last night in north platte nebraska then it was off to home

it was a great time but i'm glad to be home. I just watched beach head and need to watch it again.
            sounds amazing . *more dreamyness*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              1801? well, looks like custom avatars are out of the picture.
              800? *glances sideways at post count* it's going to be a long road yet...

well, at least I get to look at all the pretties that you make, qasimjavid and others . It's qasim, without a U. How many attempts, and I got it hopelessly wrong . Apologies. I shall refrain from shortening your name to qasim, and shall try to remember there's no U. All this hastle with U's on this thread. First Uber wants dots above hers, and qasimjavid doesn't even have one.
              One day you will have 1801 and then the world shall fear you!!!!

You may call me Qasim if you wish - some people just shorten it to Q thats fine aswell

How do you get the dots above the U for Uber?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I agree completely.

Although a part of me would have liked to have seen her be more excited about being there, the truth is we KNOW why she's not jumping out of her skin happy to be there. Hopefully they'll cover that next week in more depth.

I liked Vala more after last week and like her more tonight. I hope we see her again in the future.

BUT...and this is the most important thing here...SAM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, reading how happy everyone is to get sam back is infectious. Even though I haven't seen any season9 yet, I feel like I am a part of Sam's return. And it sounds like my fears about Vala may not be so bad as I worked myself up to imagine. Nobody in this thread has had anything majorly bad to say about her so far, so perhaps everything will be ok.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I have to say, reading how happy everyone is to get sam back is infectious.
                  I had a big smile on my face whilst watching 'Beachhead'

Valas OK but shes nothing compared to Sam
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    I'm so glad I came here before I posted! You guys are so reasonable, and you'll see why in a moment...

My new ritual has been to watch the episode twice before I post. Most of the time my family members are NOT gagged/drugged/incapacitated/bribed, so I have to kinda wade through their LOVELY crapola. Needless to say, the TiVo gets a good work out on Friday nights. "Rewind" is our friend.

Anywho, for whatever reason, I was watching the episode the first time, and I was like, "Meh." I don't know why. It was a good episode. The only thing I predicted was the
                    Spoiler:
                    blackhole deal
                    , and that was like three seconds before they said it. It was very interesting. I think I'd just had my hopes up for all of these character moments, you know? It would have been nice, but after watching the episode, I realize that that's not really logical. Nor is it possible.

I think they did well with what they had. You guys are right: It was a team episode. With the exception of Teal'c, everyone made a large contribution. I'll miss Vala, if only because she's gone through some kind of personality makeover. Her comments tend to be rather unnecessary, but I'm with Forever: I really like her in some sick, twisted way. It's too bad she has to go now.

Still
                    Spoiler:
                    they have a nice way to bring her back later, and here's hoping for her return before the season finale. They suggested that she's alive, so that MUST mean that she plays a part in the plot later on.
                    And if that's the case, I'll hope for my Vala/Sam moment then.

So thanks for all of your positive comments, guys! You really put this episode in perspective for me, and I can honestly say that it's a good promise of things to come.

Oh, and I have to mention this:
                    Spoiler:
                    What the heck was with the basketball game scene? It was so random and WEIRD, yet so funny!
                    I really like this post. It sounds honest, and has provided me with quite an amazing idea of what season9 is going to be like.
                    Season9 is looking better and better every day.
                    You know, for ages I was so worried that it would no longer be stargate, that it wouldn't be the show I've always obsessively loved. And I guess it won't be, but so long as it's got sam, it sounds like it's going to be ok.
                    *huge grin*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      I had a big smile on my face whilst watching 'Beachhead'

Valas OK but shes nothing compared to Sam

So qasim, please forgive me, but I must have been... not here... when you joined us in Samanda. You have obviously been on this forum for a long time *points at postcount*. So... hi! Spend enough time with us all and you'll soon end up completely crazy and zany. We all have fun here .

Deepspace really must catch up with all the posts from while she wasn't here. So many new people joined, and she still knows barely anyone.
                      *yawns*
                      but not tonight. Half past midnight .
                      Sheeesh, how did that happen!?
                      I was just catching up on a few posts, I swear!
                      Honest!

Hic Comitas Regit, may kindness always reign in this wondrous kingdom! For currently, it is thriving. Sam!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

So qasim, please forgive me, but I must have been... not here... when you joined us in Samanda. You have obviously been on this forum for a long time *points at postcount*. So... hi! Spend enough time with us all and you'll soon end up completely crazy and zany. We all have fun here .
                        Seems so

I have been on this thread for a few days

I joined the forum in November (whilst looking for magic beans) but have only been posting seriously since January

Since that time I have generally stayed away from really long threads like this - but after watching Beachhead I was so happy that Sam was back I had to let the world know and came in here and I intend to hang around
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Seems so

I have been on this thread for a few days

I joined the forum in November (whilst looking for magic beans) but have only been posting seriously since January

Since that time I have generally stayed away from really long threads like this - but after watching Beachhead I was so happy that Sam was back I had to let the world know and came in here and I intend to hang around
                          You've only been posting seriously since January?
                          *looks sideways at her own join date*
                          *gulps*
                          er... right.
                          And qasim already gets custom avatars...

And if you're looking for magic beans, well then Samanda might just be the perfect place . Would one of the people in charge around this kingdom be kind enough to tell the history of the great Samandan beans?
                          And Kat, remember that wonderful pic you did with all the beans around it? It was one of your first photomanips. That reminds me, we haven't had any bean awards for ages. Must be because our madam pressie has been on camp.

Anyway, what I was getting around to saying is that I'm glad you joined. I know the length and history of this thread must have put many people off, but those who've joined despite that have often turned out to be some of our most dedicated posters. Tis great that you intent to hang around .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

You've only been posting seriously since January?
                            *looks sideways at her own join date*
                            *gulps*
                            er... right.
                            And qasim already gets custom avatars...

And if you're looking for magic beans, well then Samanda might just be the perfect place . Would one of the people in charge around this kingdom be kind enough to tell the history of the great Samandan beans?
                            And Kat, remember that wonderful pic you did with all the beans around it? It was one of your first photomanips. That reminds me, we haven't had any bean awards for ages. Must be because our madam pressie has been on camp.

Anyway, what I was getting around to saying is that I'm glad you joined. I know the length and history of this thread must have put many people off, but those who've joined despite that have often turned out to be some of our most dedicated posters. Tis great that you intent to hang around .
                            Soon I will have 5000 posts lol - I post everywhere on the forum

Please do tell me about the beans and could someone find that pic please
                            love Torri

Comment

Here qas, have a bean. They are grown in Samanda...and are VERY special. But only one, if it's your first.

Enjoy!!!!
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                I'd like to throw some in for this, where do we send em?

e-mail your wallpapers to kamil
                                [email protected]

he's a sweet guy and the runner of amandatapping.com
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X