Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by majorsal:
    maybe that's why, as a sam fan, i wasn't disappointed in beach head.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't at all disappointed in Beach Head. I was as delighted as anyone that Carter was finally back. Because, for me, the team was finally back last week as well. Besides, most of the posters here seem to be quite pleased with Sam's return. And, if we're being honest, most of the posters in this thread are probably going to be more discerning than most casual viewers. So if, by and large, we weren't disappointed, then it's a fair bet that most people weren't disappointed either.

i was pleased with sam's presence in beach head, because i kept my expectations low.
    I'm not sure my expectations were that low. For me, Sam is one of the team. She's not going to be the driving force behind every episode. No one on SG-1 really ever has. But she should be there, contributing. Maybe she contributes more some weeks and less in others, but that's how I want it to be. Honestly, for me it was enough that Landry made a big deal out of getting Carter to help.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      I was dissapointed as well about the slight ratings drop.
      I recall the initiation of cable television (or pay tv) and its promotion of "niche" programming, that wouldn't depend on the mainstream broadcast networks' souped up ratings system. A smaller, consistent audience such as Sci-Fi (compared to the Big Four/Five) could still have it's interests catered to. With millions of viewers, SG has earned its place no matter what fraction of the audience doesn't tune in for a Friday or so.

*Sigh.* All that's gone through the wormhole of advertising, I guess.

Just sayin'.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        I was dissapointed as well about the slight ratings drop. Good point about highschool and some pro preseason games could have been a reason for the drop. Also didn't the Chicago Comcast remove SciFI from their basic cable service. They were talking about how many viewers where in the area, that may have had something to do with it. I'm not exactly sure when that change took place. It seems like it was very recent. Although, that wouldn't explain the increase for BSG.

i don't think we should put too much stock into this. we might have wanted sam's return to 'increase' the ratings (not have a drop off), but since the daniel-vala dynamic was still going on in this ep, we can't say sam's return was to blame for the ratings drop anymore than we could say the daniel-vala dynamic was. (vala/farscape lovers aren't going to suddenly stop watching)

i don't want stargate to get cancelled, but from what i've been told of ratings past, we go through this drop off every season.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Pfft, ratings shmatings. I personally think they're the most overrated (lol at the pun) thing around. The way TV stations gather the info, then put their spin on it, is abit suss imo. But since its the 'Holy Grail' of TV, what can ya do?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            My dear birthday gal ... did you notice, in the above photo, that the Mummers confronting the Prior were playing the saxophone?! Whilst you were serenading the Queen, I'm sure, in the Royal Ballroom, on your celestial banjo!

Any moment now we shall hear from tsaxlady and MajorSam!!
            Oh my dear Jester you are so mistaken but my man Bela and I were in fact entertaining our Queen with a little "Sweet Georgia Upside Down" - of course you and dipsofjazz join us on the shout chorus for the big finish

Okay to get on topic I'm looking forward to being home this Friday all evening and watching the whole Friday night line-up as it happens instead of Tivoing everything and watching it on Saturday. No gigs this week and unlike when I taught in the South here we don't take the HS school band to away football games that are over 15 miles so no football this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how SG-1 get back together this week.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              ROFL!!! Next we'll have Gracie Fields thwhacking an Ori with her aspidistra!
              And the award for being the first person EVER to use the word "aspidistra" on GateWorld goes to...

*rips open golden envelope*

DIPSOFJAZZ!!!

*cue rapturous applause*

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                qasimjavid: You have some great avatars up! So cool!
                Thank you, someone emailed me saying some of them were a bit dark s/he will be putting brightened up versions later on

I will be making some more from Tsaxlady's comic con pics later on
                Originally posted by majorsal
                on another note - i love the beach head screen caps and the many faces of sam avatars!

sally
                Glad you liked them
                oh, and mediasavant said that next week sg1 will be up againt 2 football games.

BUT, sam's baaaaaaack!!

sally
                Well you should ask yourself Sam or Football? If you answer football maybe you need to see a psychiatrist (or we can just send you to an asylum straight away)
                Originally posted by Carterslave
                Sam, Sam, Sam, I love you to pieces but please get a haircut!
                *Cries* Stop it - I like the hair
                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Pfft, who needs a toaster or microwave when you have two Sam's?
                It's not like I'd be getting up in time for breakfast....
                ROFLMAO
                Originally posted by Carterslave
                This new, more subdued & thoughtful Sam intrigues me. Plus AT & Browder have a wonderful, unforced rapport, kind of a "sharing of energy," if you will—and not in any shippy sort of way.
                I agree - that was particularly apparent in this scene I thought:
                i thought sam looked great, and was needed, wanted, respected, and even treasured in this ep.

WELCOME HOME, SAM!

sally
                I agree
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

one thing to rememer about ratings, they're statistics. and stats can be warped and twisted to say whatever you want them to say

i'm glad tha sam is back and, to me, season 9 has officially begun
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

samanda on page two?

well, deepspace is going to have to do something about that while she catches up on the last few days posts.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Does Samanda have an official song?
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

All you lucky people to have Sam back .

Must not read...
                        it's season9...
                        must not...
                        must not...
                        spoilers...
                        must...
                        not...
                        ...but, it's sam, I have to...
                        must...
                        not...
                        must...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I'd like to throw some in for this, where do we send em?

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          passing this on, apologies if folks have already done so

Okay, here's the idea:
                          A while ago I attempted to introduce a rotating wallpaper project to my
                          website (www.amandatapping.com), I did some, but I was not entirely
                          pleased with the results, largely because while I can do certain things
                          graphically, I have never been this talented in graphics production.
                          There was also a question of magnitude of the project: what I have in
                          mind is one wallpaper for *every* day in a *year*. This means 365
                          wallpapers.

So I am sending out a signal. If you wish to contribute and make
                          such
                          a project happen, you can send the wallpaper my way, I will consider
                          using it (relax, I am easy <g>) and then, once I have all the
                          wallpapers, I will obviously take care of the technical side of it. But
                          if you wish to contribute, here's your chance - and thank you in
                          advance
                          for doing so.

Just a couple of reminders:
                          1. As this project is the official site's project, the wallpapers need
                          to have images of Amanda and only Amanda in them (no other Stargate
                          characters allowed)
                          2. Please be aware that I will add a date (e.g. August 14 or some other
                          date of the year) somewhere to your image.

That is all! Thank you in advance again.
                          If you can, please spread it to other lists I am not on.

Best wishes to all,
                          Kamil

i have about 10 wallpapers or so to contribute. any others?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            On Gateworld Custom avatars can only be 65 x60

Not many sites have avatars of this size so I made my own. Feel free to use them if you wish
                            Ok, deepspace is bored with her avatar. But how do you use custom avatars? I only have a limited range to choose from on gateworld. I am deeply jealous . People have some great sam avatars here. I particularly like quas... quasi... what is it, quasimjavid's (can you be called quasim?) current avatar. Is it from season9? It's gorgeous. And I love Uber's latest avatar too. Nice and blue. depspace wants a sam avatar .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Ok, deepspace is bored with her avatar. But how do you use custom avatars? I only have a limited range to choose from on gateworld. I am deeply jealous . People have some great sam avatars here. I particularly like quas... quasi... what is it, quasimjavid's (can you be called quasim?) current avatar. Is it from season9? It's gorgeous. And I love Uber's latest avatar too. Nice and blue. depspace wants a sam avatar .
                              Need to have over 1800 posts to get custom avatars. But you'll get some extra ones at 800 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                You need to have 1801 posts before you can use a custom avatar

My name is Qasim without a 'U' - My avatar is from the season 9 cast pics
                                http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml
                                Specifically http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/graphic...9cast_13.shtml

Lots more of my avs are a few pages back

Heres some more that I made today

Thank you for all of your tips, comments and suggestions - keep them coming
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X