Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick..

YAY!!!!! SAM IS BACK!!!

Yes sorry I'm late with this I've been busy packing for my move across country and working lots (I need the money dangnabbit)! Wont have cable once I move out *pout*. But I have some kind souls taking pity on me, and helping me with that.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
    MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Hear! Hear! I agree!
      Shall we put it to a vote?
      (Do we really need to?)
      As you are all going to agree with me theres no point
      Originally posted by ChopinGal
      I thought they were sending our Uber to nuke the planet!
      ROFLMAO
      Originally posted by tsaxlady
      You can find my Comic Con pictures here and yes you may use them to make avatars.
      Thanks
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Oh 1speed, you're hot tonight! I'm still recovering from the whole banjo threat ... believe me, I grew up in the city of "the Mummers" - some of those clowns looked a lot like the Priors!

I think I read the original article differently too ... I thought they were sending our Uber to nuke the planet!
        Übernuke. My kind of weapon.

Oh and ChopinGal, you forgot the umlaut. *tsk tsk*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Along with High school football a lot of Pro Preseason games are played on Friday night also. I have two Tvs next to each other one was on my teams game with the volume turned down the other was on Stargate (both showings). So if neilson people only have 1 TV they have to make a choice... and you can always watch stargate in reruns or DVD but sports is a one shot deal.

Although personally if I had to chose a first airing of Stargate would have overrulled a Preseaon game... though I am interested in if my team will stink again this year.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            the umlaut.
            Is that the 2 dots above the U?
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Along with High school football a lot of Pro Preseason games are played on Friday night also. I have two Tvs next to each other one was on my teams game with the volume turned down the other was on Stargate (both showings). So if neilson people only have 1 TV they have to make a choice... and you can always watch stargate in reruns or DVD but sports is a one shot deal.

Although personally if I had to chose a first airing of Stargate would have overrulled a Preseaon game... though I am interested in if my team will stink again this year.
              Oooh.....that's right! The Titans were in Atlanta for a pre-season game with the Falcons last Friday night. I'm sure plenty of people watched it. I would have watched it too.....if I wasn't already watching SciFi Friday. We usually watch the Sunday games.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Something utterly trivial????? LOL! Perhaps I can get a part on Stargate as the hero, saving the day. Sam can enhance my banjo with a naquadah generator!
                My dear birthday gal ... did you notice, in the above photo, that the Mummers confronting the Prior were playing the saxophone?! Whilst you were serenading the Queen, I'm sure, in the Royal Ballroom, on your celestial banjo!

Any moment now we shall hear from tsaxlady and MajorSam!!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Is that the 2 dots above the U?
                  Um ............ laut me see ... I think you're right!

Comment

Oooh.....that's right! The Titans were in Atlanta for a pre-season game with the Falcons last Friday night. I'm sure plenty of people watched it. I would have watched it too.....if I wasn't already watching SciFi Friday. We usually watch the Sunday games.

I think another reason why the ratings did not go up is that most people who are watching SG1 and like Sam probably watched the first five episodes too! I can't imagine someone not watching the show until episode six. Some fans may only be watching SG1 because Sam is supposed to return, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have watched from the beginning to know what is going on.

So I figured that the ratings would not go up. They could only go up if people specifically did not watch until Sam came back. I'm not sure why many people would actually do that (particularly those with Nielsen boxes!) If I was a Nielsen family I'd make sure that it was noted that I watched all the episodes so far because I would like SG1 renewed, even if I actually haven't really enjoyed the first few episodes.

The other thing is that the ratings only dropping slightly in the sixth episode ---this is really good compared to season 7 and season 8. There was much more of a significant drop at episode six compared to the season premiere for each of these seasons. I'm expecting it to drop more over the next few episodes---more football and new programming on other stations---given the trends for season 7 and 8. That's why I was hoping that the season premiere would be higher than 2.1 for season 9 because the show always has dropped down from its season premiere over the course of the first ten episodes.

However, if season 9 is anything like 7 and 8, the ratings should go back up during the winter season.

Comment

Good point, Dani76! That means the people who went to football games went home and watched the repeat. If you take the total scores for both runs of the ep, SG-1 had the highest combined score, a 3.3. SGA had a combined 2.9 and BSG had a combined 2.8.

Since people have so much to do on Friday evenings (any week, not just during football season), I think taking the combined scores is a much more accurate measure of who's watching what.

And remember, I have all those years in broadcasting. Combining "dayparts" is how Arbitron determines the top stations in each market. If you think of each airing of the weekly eps as a "daypart," SG-1 is still the most watched part of Sci-Fi Friday.

Ha! I'll dazzle them with statistics!!!!!
                      I like your thinking here. 3.3 - Yeah - 'That's what I'm talking about!'
                      I always thought that both ratings should be added up, and I actually always did, since SciFi does not adjust its airings to the different time zones, and the late night airing happens to be at 8 in PST.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hey guys! How's it going?!

OK...

qasimjavid: You have some great avatars up! So cool!

Myrth: Do you have anymore SVU/SG-1 crossover pics to share?!?!

TV GUIDE WATERCOOLER: Yeah... If Matt Roush is the one who wrote that article, I won't be surprised (I don't know WHAT to think about the perm comment. Anyone wanna clarify?). He's always proved to be unreasonably biased TOWARDS Farscape (and all actors/characters therein) and AGAINST SG-1. Hmmph. That's why I was thoroughly disgusted to find him interviewed during the Inside SciFi Friday Special, speaking so highly of the Stargate franchise, when he's been so condescending about it before. But hey, it's a paycheck, right? I'm sure TV Guide was thrilled. Grr.

Lastly, but most importantly: I've just read the recent posts about Atteria, and I don't know what to say - especially when it comes to some angry poster flying off the handle at her. Her husband has every right to be upset. Now, I vaguely remember her talking about surgery, but I wasn't sure how serious it was. Does anyone know what kind of surgery Atteria said she was undergoing, if she specified any at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          *drool*

One thing - is it compatible with my other Sam Clone
                          yes!

but.... .... uh, i didn't realize you had another sam clone. uh, you're not thinking of using 'both' at the same time, are you?.... oh, look who i'm asking. i don't want to know the details!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            I like your thinking here. 3.3 - Yeah - 'That's what I'm talking about!'
                            I always thought that both ratings should be added up, and I actually always did, since SciFi does not adjust its airings to the different time zones, and the late night airing happens to be at 8 in PST.
                            Ah.....I didn't realize what you just pointed out. ABC, NBC and CBS all have feeds adjusted for time zones.....so it didn't occur to me that SciFi didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                              I just finally received my TV-Zone Special #64 today - yeah, I know, it took awhile, but I haven't even received my Stargate Magazine yet and that's already in stores now (anybody else still waiting?)
                              Anyways, you all probably read the TV-Zone interview with Amanda since that was posted online, but for those of you who didn't buy the Special or read it somewhere else, here is a short quote from Ben Browder's interview:

ben: "As for Amanda, I think she's amazing to be back at work and be a mom at the same time. She has an incredible ability to focus on the task at hand as well as remember her lines and do everything that she actually does. To top it off, she's a real sweetheart."

Sorry, if this was already posted but I thought it's always nice to hear what Amanda's co-stars think of her, I always enjoy reading about it.
                              thanks for posting this! from what i've read from ben, he's a total gentleman and sweetheart himself.

on another note - i love the beach head screen caps and the many faces of sam avatars!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dancer of spaz
                                Lastly, but most importantly: I've just read the recent posts about Atteria, and I don't know what to say - especially when it comes to some angry poster flying off the handle at her. Her husband has every right to be upset. Now, I vaguely remember her talking about surgery, but I wasn't sure how serious it was. Does anyone know what kind of surgery Atteria said she was undergoing, if she specified any at all?
                                She never volunteered, so not knowing her any better than I did, I hated to ask. But I got the feeling it was fairly serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X