Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Who is Atteria?
    With apologies for raking over the coals...

Atteria was the official Royal Baker to the Court of Samanda, and regularly used to provide us all with delightful (and guaranteed calorie-free) cakes.

Then, on August 4th, this happened:-

Originally posted by Atteria
    I'm very sorry to intrude, but I wanted you to know that Atteria, my wife, had her surgery early this AM and is now in the ICU. I have no idea if she will recover, as the surgeons are being very guarded in their prognosis.

However, if she does survive, she will NOT be returning to the Forum. Thanks to a very malevolent moderator and an owner of this Forun, I will NOT let her return. She has been insulted and threatened enough, for NO good reason. If she recovers, I will then tell her what has transpired. She was reported by this extremely insecure and sick individual for an innocuous private message. She always told me that if you had an issue, you took it to the private mesasage. Guess that doesn't hold for some, as this moderator ran to the owner and complained.

Sorry, but I'm scared, angry and just sick at heart. I may lose the kindest person I have ever known.

I did not need to come home, to take care of our pup, to find a threatening message, for NO good reason.

I'm returning now to the hospital. Thank you, everyone on this thread, for your kind words and best wishes.

Again, I apologize for intruding with real world problems.
    We have heard nothing since, but Atteria remains in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      I'm almost afraid to ask in case it's bad news, but has anyone heard anything about Atteria? I thought someone said she had Atteria's regular email & might have been in contact with her husband.
      I had her e-mail, and I have e-mailed her husband twice.....once right after he posted here and again yesterday. In both messages I told him how sorry I was about the difficulty they experienced at GW, and how concerned all the people on this thread are about her. I haven't heard anything, but I'm still hopeful that he will reply. Perhaps he's just preoccupied right now, and not checking e-mails at all. I just keep hoping that she's recovering.....and I can't stand to think about the other possibility.

Regardless, she crosses my mind every day, and I know many of you are thinking of her too. I guess we should just keep sending good wishes, prayers, or whatever you believe in her way.....and hope we'll hear something soon.

Comment

I dont know her but I am a believer in the 'kindness of strangers' - I hope she makes a full recovery
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          I haven't been online since Beachhead aired, so if I'm beating a dead horse, forgive me, but what do you all think of Sam's hair???? Be honest now!
          I thought it was fine except for the first scene in Landry's office, where it seemed a touch too... too... too... something. Ruffled. Whuffled. Fluffled.

Not that I really care, personally, mind you, but I thought it might open her up for criticism.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Okay I posted this over here for dipsofjazz to see since we had a bit of banjo talk over the weekend - but don't get any ideas I still say the saxophone is the tops

From TV Guide:

TV Guide:The Watercooler - SciFi Friday 08/19/2005

Stargate SG-1
            The One Where Vala Leaves the Show began with Mitchell finally getting "the band back together" viz., the return of Amanda Tapping's Sam Carter (who, by the way, would look even better with a perm). Together the gang of five sought to prevent their latest enemies from gaining a beachhead in our galaxy by using an übernuke that would detonate the Ori before the Priors could come flooding through the Stargate to preach his putrid gospel of obeisance. But no… the Ori used the energy of the weapons arrayed against them to create a HUGE Stargate that was disrupted only when Vala flew a cloaked cargo ship into its middle. The portal was destroyed (yay!) but Vala disappeared (boo!). Is she dead? Vala's unresolved exit gives Claudia Black the chance to return whenever her schedule permits — and let's hope it's soon, because she has been the unquestioned highlight of the ninth season. I haven't quite gotten used to Louis Gossett Jr. as Gerak, although it was certainly novel to see the former Iron Eagle giving the "Run away!" order to his Jaffa ships. Maury Chaykin's Nerus, on the other hand, is one of the most entertaining gluttons since Mr. Creosote, and a heckuva lot more devious. But amidst all this universe-shaking hoo-ha, I couldn't help but imagine how neat it would be if the Ori were vulnerable to something utterly trivial, like banjo music. SG-1, perhaps abetted by TV banjo gods Peter Tork, Roy Clark and George Segal (Grandpa Jones, of course, ascended to a higher plane), could strum away like Mummers — burple-durple-dur blum-blum-bum — thus causing the chief Ori to fall to his knees and cry in an affected, Paul Lynde-type whine, "I can't stand it!" Now that's spacey. — GJD
            tsaxlady, are you sure there isn't a typo in the TV Guide article?

Could they not in fact have been using an über-uke, strummed of course not by George Segal, but by George Formby?

Comment

Originally Posted by tsaxlady
              Vala's unresolved exit gives Claudia Black the chance to return whenever her schedule permits — and let's hope it's soon, because she has been the unquestioned highlight of the ninth season.

I think that the return of Sam is the unquestioned highlight of the ninth season.

I dont know why but the above pic is giving me a strange feeling of Deja Vu
              qasimjavid you scared me with only quoting such a short part of the article I quoted. I read your post and went I said what?!?!? Were did I say that Then I had to go back and reread my last few posts to find it. Well I guess that is what I get for quoting TV Guide - I learned my lesson -

all for the banjo - see how those strings can get one in trouble!
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay I posted this over here for dipsofjazz to see since we had a bit of banjo talk over the weekend - but don't get any ideas I still say the saxophone is the tops

From TV Guide:

TV Guide:The Watercooler - SciFi Friday 08/19/2005

Stargate SG-1
                The One Where Vala Leaves the Show began with Mitchell finally getting "the band back together" viz., the return of Amanda Tapping's Sam Carter (who, by the way, would look even better with a perm). Together the gang of five sought to prevent their latest enemies from gaining a beachhead in our galaxy by using an übernuke that would detonate the Ori before the Priors could come flooding through the Stargate to preach his putrid gospel of obeisance. But no… the Ori used the energy of the weapons arrayed against them to create a HUGE Stargate that was disrupted only when Vala flew a cloaked cargo ship into its middle. The portal was destroyed (yay!) but Vala disappeared (boo!). Is she dead? Vala's unresolved exit gives Claudia Black the chance to return whenever her schedule permits — and let's hope it's soon, because she has been the unquestioned highlight of the ninth season. I haven't quite gotten used to Louis Gossett Jr. as Gerak, although it was certainly novel to see the former Iron Eagle giving the "Run away!" order to his Jaffa ships. Maury Chaykin's Nerus, on the other hand, is one of the most entertaining gluttons since Mr. Creosote, and a heckuva lot more devious. But amidst all this universe-shaking hoo-ha, I couldn't help but imagine how neat it would be if the Ori were vulnerable to something utterly trivial, like banjo music. SG-1, perhaps abetted by TV banjo gods Peter Tork, Roy Clark and George Segal (Grandpa Jones, of course, ascended to a higher plane), could strum away like Mummers — burple-durple-dur blum-blum-bum — thus causing the chief Ori to fall to his knees and cry in an affected, Paul Lynde-type whine, "I can't stand it!" Now that's spacey. — GJD
                Something utterly trivial????? LOL! Perhaps I can get a part on Stargate as the hero, saving the day. Sam can enhance my banjo with a naquadah generator!
                sigpic

Comment

The Royal Researcher regrets to inform the Kingdom of the following:

Dang it! I was hoping SG-1 would take a leap in Beach Head, with AT's return. Instead, it dropped slightly. SGA scored the same as SG-1, and BSG lead the evening with a 2.1. The full story is here:
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...scifirat.shtml

Of course, high school football kicked into gear last Friday night all across the country, which could account for some of the loss. Dang it!

Comment

qasimjavid you scared me
                    LOL - what page are your Comic con pics of Amanda on? Can I make them into avatars?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

Could they not in fact have been using an über-uke, strummed of course not by George Segal, but by George Formby?
                      ROFL!!! Next we'll have Gracie Fields thwhacking an Ori with her aspidistra!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think that the return of Sam is the unquestioned highlight of the ninth season.

I dont know why but the above pic is giving me a strange feeling of Deja Vu
                        Hear! Hear! I agree!
                        Shall we put it to a vote?
                        (Do we really need to?)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Dang it! I was hoping SG-1 would take a leap in Beach Head, with AT's return. Instead, it dropped slightly. SGA scored the same as SG-1, and BSG lead the evening with a 2.1. The full story is here:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...scifirat.shtml

Of course, high school football kicked into gear last Friday night all across the country, which could account for some of the loss. Dang it!
                          I know, I just read it, too. That really su**s.
                          But SG-1 was up in the late night "re-run" from 1.1 to 1.4, which is prime-time here on the West Coast and they also said that it was up a bit compared to last year for the same week. Still, you're right, Dang it!! How can that be?!?
                          At least the overall reaction here in the forum and on the net is that everybody was happy to have Sam back.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

Oh 1speed, you're hot tonight! I'm still recovering from the whole banjo threat ... believe me, I grew up in the city of "the Mummers" - some of those guys looked a lot like the Priors!

"Mummers Confronting a Prior" or "Sax and the City"

I think I read the original article differently too ... I thought they were sending our Uber to nuke the planet!
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 August 2005, 03:26 PM.

Comment

LOL - what page are your Comic con pics of Amanda on? Can I make them into avatars?
                              You can find my Comic Con pictures here and yes you may use them to make avatars.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                I know, I just read it, too. That really su**s.
                                But SG-1 was up in the late night "re-run" from 1.1 to 1.4, which is prime-time here on the West Coast and they also said that it was up a bit compared to last year for the same week. Still, you're right, Dang it!! How can that be?!?
                                At least the overall reaction here in the forum and on the net is that everybody was happy to have Sam back.
                                Good point, Dani76! That means the people who went to football games went home and watched the repeat. If you take the total scores for both runs of the ep, SG-1 had the highest combined score, a 3.3. SGA had a combined 2.9 and BSG had a combined 2.8.

Since people have so much to do on Friday evenings (any week, not just during football season), I think taking the combined scores is a much more accurate measure of who's watching what.

And remember, I have all those years in broadcasting. Combining "dayparts" is how Arbitron determines the top stations in each market. If you think of each airing of the weekly eps as a "daypart," SG-1 is still the most watched part of Sci-Fi Friday.

Ha! I'll dazzle them with statistics!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X