No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, finally they had a good photographer and makeup/hair person for those photos

unlike previous years where they wre just, well not flattering at all, to any of them
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yes, finally they had a good photographer and makeup/hair person for those photos

unlike previous years where they wre just, well not flattering at all, to any of them
      Good photographer? Possibly.

Good touchup in Photoshop? Most definitely...without a doubt.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Good photographer? Possibly.

Good touchup in Photoshop? Most definitely...without a doubt.

Well, it depends on what you are suggesting what was touched up. Remember she is a new mom, and there are certain, uh, 'side-effects' that, having six kids myself, I can attest to.
        sig by PM

Comment

Ah, our beloved Photoshop.....

Remover of blemishes.....

Corrector of bad lighting.....

Eraser of unwieldy hair.....

And AT would still look great, even if she didn't have any of them!!!!!

It is great to be alive and be a citizen of Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            I found this ep better than the preceding five, but, still, not up to my standard of ‘good’ – just ‘okay’.

I liked Amanda very much, and I thought she looked incredible in her class A's and in that black mission uniform. The dark colors really frame her fair coloring and make her eyes stand out. If for that reason alone, maybe they should keep the black mission uniforms.

Ye spoilerish (and pessimistic ) thoughts:
            Spoiler:
            Amanda was very good with what she was given to work with: that huge smile in the doorway of Landry’s office could have rendered entire stars obsolete as light sources; oddly enough, I liked the scene where Vala was the only one who sensed Sam’s misgivings on the use of the bomb (though Vala did indeed beat sorta-SG-1 at SG-1’s own game, coming up with out of the box solutions to out of the box-shipping-crate-and-even-the-warehouse problems) – it made me think that the end of the ep would have impressed me far more if Colonel Carter and Vala had both gone off to sabotage the super-sized Gate, with only Sam making it back (maybe the teltak only had enough power left to send one person-worth of matter stream at a time) after, perhaps, having sent Vala on before her, if nothing else it would have given an opportunity for an ‘it’s hard to realize how good it is to have you here to help by nearly losing you’ moment, since we weren’t given a ‘good to see you’ moment , and it would have allayed my worries about Sam being dumbassified for this season which have been raised by Daniel’s and Teal’c’s apparent loss of memory, experience, and wisdom in the preceding eps; it was wonderful to hear a bit of technospeak again, and, to see the other military characters acting just a bit more like professional military officers in the same ep was a nice plus – Sam came across as quite the senior officer (which she makes a habit of doing) on TDY, and Mitchell and Landry finally sounded a little more like officers and a little less like amateurs who just happened to be in their respective positions when things hit the fan.

I won’t be liking this ep for its plot, in terms of internal consistency with the Stargate universe to date, or in terms of logical structure. Some of the writing decisions were inexplicable – they had to have Colonel Carter go along because she’d made the Mark IX, despite her misgivings over the proposed use of the weapon, but, despite having to have her there, and ordering her from her new command to go along through the Gate to meet the Prometheus with the bomb, not a hint of why she needed to go on the mission appears thereafter: she doesn’t have to set up, maintain, arm, configure, or whatever the bomb before they get to the planet; she doesn’t even need to go along to the planet with the bomb, despite the Mark IX’s ‘touchy’ fuse, in case something goes wrong with the device? Er, excuse me, but, that doesn’t make a whiff of sense. Should I perhaps be assuming that the Prometheus has only 4 spacesuits available? If they needed Sam to arm the bomb in flight, there was plenty of opportunity to toss in a line of dialogue to that effect. If she didn’t have to arm the device for them, or do something else technical/mechanical/theoretical with it, why was she there (Okay, I know why she’s there from the viewpoint of the ‘real’ world, but, what about from within the Stargate universe) – surely she’s not the only one on the planet who can explain the bomb’s remote control, heck, she probably wrote a manual and a user’s guide for that remote control (and just why would anyone leave a bomb that answers to a remote control in a force field with a guy whose cohort has already demonstrated the ability to exert physical control of objects at a distance, applying force and influencing cellular function, at least, when it doesn’t take a genius to wonder if ‘hey, if he can cure diseases, fix burns, pin people to walls, and remotely operate ring transporters, shouldn’t someone be worried about him tinkering with the innards of the bomb, or its fuses, or its control circuits, or its remote control in the same way he cures diseases, fixes burns, pins people to walls, and remotely operates ring transporters, and therefore he might just disarm or otherwise bollux the bomb, even when we tell him he can’t, since Priors don’t really seem to listen to our instructions???), or the only person who could sit at the console on the Prometheus and explain what the force field was visibly doing? Apparently they didn’t need Sam to arm/engineer/work with the bomb, and the script didn’t give her a chance to disarm the bomb, disassemble, maintain, reconfigure, or repurpose the bomb, so why did she need to go with the bomb on the mission, at all? So Jack could pull off a practical phone joke on Landry? I did love that sort of ‘oh, god, he’s at it again’ look that Sam had on her face as she continued to stand there while Jack gave Landry a hard time, but still… And that whole ‘force field powered by external energy impacting it – ooh, they’re keeping something in, not us out, I wonder why’ thing was, for me at least, a scif-fi cliché, and obvious as a watermelon in a bowl of eggs, as was Vala’s subsequent solution to the super-sized Gate. I found myself thinking that season 7 or earlier Sam would have cottoned on before the Mark IX ever blew, and if the Jaffa hadn’t been there to interfere, found a way to starve the field of energy before it enveloped the planet (with them there and interfering – hopefully, she’d have found a way to give Gerak something to think about, at least he may be doing things according to the traditions of Jaffa culture, but he’s coming across as a complete jerk to other cultures ).

So, it seemed to me that Sam isn’t as dumbed down / diminished as I’ve found Daniel and Teal’c to be this season, which was a distinct relief to me, and seeing her again was wonderful, but with the real season just now beginning, at least for me , I can’t say I think it got off to bang-up start.

And now I'll just go do my Eeyore impression elsewhere.
            Dear Eeyore

I've got my hand in the hunny pot with you! Excellent critique! AT, herself, has said she wants Sam to have "less exposition" and become "more proactive". Your clever ending would have suited those purposes completely!

Let's see what develops.

Piglet

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              Well, it depends on what you are suggesting what was touched up. Remember she is a new mom, and there are certain, uh, 'side-effects' that, having six kids myself, I can attest to.
              I mean the more than perfect skin. NO ONE looks as good as they do in those promo shots. All of them have skin that looks velvety soft.

In other words, Photoshopped.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I picked up the new Stargate SG-1 Magazine today and there is an article titled "Season of Change" here are a couple of quotes from the article

Set Visit Diary Day One:
                Tuesday May 3, 2005

Brad Turner is directing this episode, which sees the return of Stargate SG-1 leading lady Amanda Tapping, as Sam Carter returns to the SGC to the SGC to help out SG-1's new team leader Cameron Mitchell.
                Now that Amanda Tapping is back on set working, it is possible to film the 'wrap around' sequence, which features the new team line up - Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge and Amanda Tapping - walking up the gate ramp and through the gate. Though the rest of the title sequence will be made up of scenes cut from actual ninth season episodes it is this scene that will tie the credits together. In fact, seeing the 'new' SG-1 walk through the gate together for the first time is an interesting experience for any viewer - it's the first credit sequence for the show in nine seasons not to feature Jack O'Neill. Sad in some ways, definitely - but this is also a season of change, and the new team look as strong as the old one ever did.

Set Visit Day Three
                Thursday May 5, 2005

The sun is out again today, and it is baking hot. The principal cast of Stargate SG-1 is filming at 'Norco', two permanent sound stages built in a former bicycle warehouse in an industrial part of Vancouver. Inside the large premises can be found the Prometheus/Daedalus set, which formerly had its home at Bridge Studio itself. Also here can be found the SGC's Goa'uld cargo ship and the Jaffa High Council chamber.

Only the Prometheus and the cargo/scout ship are in use today. Though the majority of the scenes filmed today will be for Beachhead, the crew will also be filming a pick-up scene for Avalon, in which Amanda Tapping's Colonel Carter reacts to an overhead space battle through the window of the cargo ship. Though she was still on maternity leave when the episode was oiginally filmed almost two months ago, Tapping was written into the episode in such a way that the actress could complete the episode when she returned.

First though, the call sheet indicates that Claudia Black's Vala must film her 'escape' from the same set. -snip-

As soon as this scene is in the can, Amanda Tapping is called to the set from her trailer and the insert scene for Avalon is filmed from the same angle. The clapperboard is marked up with the relevant scene number (26) and episode title and the camera rolls again. Tapping nails the brief scene in two takes as Carter leans across the ship's control panel to stare outside. Once complete - the whole thing takes about 20 mintues - Tapping returns to her trailer and the crew call Black back to the set to carry on with scene 67 for Beachhead.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I mean the more than perfect skin. NO ONE looks as good as they do in those promo shots. All of them have skin that looks velvety soft.

Ohhhh, ok. You see, someone said something about what I was reffering to, on another thread, so when you said what you did, well...
                  I see what you mean about the skin though. It really does look perfect. *sigh* I wish I could just photoshop my face in RL.
                  sig by PM

Comment

NEVER! Amanda always looks that good! ;D

at least in my dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      A lot of people dont seem to like Sams hair in season 9

I personally love it

What are your opinions?
                      Thought it was fine. In fact, better than fine, she looked hot

Comment

Got some rather amusing screenies from the 'Making of Stargate Alliance' featurette from the Season 8 DVD's

http://www.users.on.net/~roscholler/...facescan_1.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~roscholler/...facescan_2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Got some rather amusing screenies from the 'Making of Stargate Alliance' featurette from the Season 8 DVD's

http://www.users.on.net/~roscholler/...facescan_3.jpg

LOL, too funny, AD, thanks for sharing.
                          Didn't know they would have to go through such excruciating exercises for a videogame.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

http://www.users.on.net/~roscholler/...facescan_3.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~roscholler/...facescan_2.jpg

wow, those are great!!

thanks, super agent dark. (yes, you're a super agent )

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              wow, those are great!!

thanks, super agent dark. (yes, you're a super agent )

sally
                              Woohoo! Do I get a vest and cape like Super!Sam?

Comment

Woohoo! Do I get a vest and cape like Super!Sam?
                                yes, and even more!

ready?

you get my new and improved sam clone! she's got my newly created naquada enhanced power pack, that means she goes on and on and on and on....

interested, super agent dark?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X