Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Ha! I'm watching some season 8 eps this week to help me decide whether to order it on DVD. I may have to just on the grounds of interference free copies. And for New Order--AT is great in that.

BTW--Has anyone seen AT in "Danielle Steele's Remembrance?" I had my sister tape it for me (LMN) but it cut off before the end. (I posted this on the AT appreciation page too, but no answer so far.) AT was *clearly* a much better actress than the lead. It was great to see her smile. Anyway--if anyone saw it, how did it end? These films are pretty predictable but still...
    I saw up to the point where
    Spoiler:
    the Dr. guy asks her to give him another chance, that it's her that he loves. I should think so!
    I saw it on LMN too...and then I ordered it off of Amazon... It's the French version so its title is actually "Souvenir d'amour" and here's something funny...Amanda's listed as the main actress in it. Sorry Eva LaRue.

Do we need to spoiler 10 year old movies that have nothing to do with Stargate???

Well I'm going to NOT do that and if anyone has an issue...well, just deal.

He gets custody of the girl thanks to his mother primarily (I know, that was a shock too). As he's going down the courthouse steps, Linda's (Amanda) there too and they all share a family moment...

Then it jumps to the little girl all grown up and going to meet her younger sibling who was taken from them. She mentions how wonderful it was growing up with her uncle and Linda. She brings her mother's broach as a gift for the child.

And that's it!

Last edited by Uber; 20 August 2005, 06:51 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      all about my trip huh?

well

saturday, drove to omaha where i met with sue and spent the night
      sunday, we headed out, driving through to denver to pick up lisa then onto grand junction where we spent the night
      monday, onto arches national park where we hiked and walked...lots of hiking and walking. made our way up to the delicate arch, which is a heck of a walk, and other arches in the park. boy o boy was it HOT. i sweated in places no one should sweat
      tuesday, onto las vegas where we met up with the rest of our group who were flying in.
      wednesday, off to the grand canyon. on our drive, we found out that the mechanic who said 'your tires are fine, they dont need to be replaced until winter' obviously has no idea how stressful desert heat is on rubber. we blew out a tire and spent a couple of hours beside the road waiting for AAA. everything worked out ok. we got to find out that many of the rocks in arizona are volcanic innature, watch a thunderstorm blow up and met a nice highway patrol man.
      wed night, we finally arrived at the GC.
      thursday am, yep, doing what most tourists must do, hike down into the GC. ok, so only a half mile or so but it's all down then up so it was really hard. took me like 3-4 hours. but it was fantastic. you walk down into this huge chasm and are l iterally walking into the depths of the earth.
      friday am, we meant to hike down again, but decided to hike along the rim. which is just as cool. in places the trail is literally inches from the drop off, but it's not really scary, just cool. got to see a condor from a distance, along with some other critters
      saturday, we went to do laundry and came face to face with a HUGE elk. this animal was six feet tall at the head, another couple of feet of antlers. he wasa 14 point buck (meaning he had 14 branches on his antlers)
      sunday, drove back to las vegas, via the hoover dam. another awesome sight. we went to see Mamma Mia, a musical which i recommend to anyone.
      monday was sight seeing in las vegas. we walked up and down the strip. that night a few of the group went to see Mystere then met up iwth the rest of us for dinner
      Tuesday was the Star Trek experience, where i got to heckle a very tall Klingon, and then we had dinner at a Fondue restaurant.
      What's life without the once in a lifetime opportunity to heckle a tall Klingon?

Welcome back Sky. We sure missed ya.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

wednesday, we left las vegas and drove through zion national park and made our way to the navaho indian reservation
        thrusday we left kayente arizona and drove through mesa verde national park. in this place they have original cliff dwellings, made over 1000 years ago. people lived there and it's fantastic to see what they accomplished.
        we saw the glen canyon dam and spent the night in kayenta (which i would not necessarily recomment, it's horribly over priced)
        friday, drove through monument valley - where they taped a ton of old westerns - and made it through a good part of colorado in addition to the four corners area. for those that don't know, four corners is in hte middle of indian country (literally. reservations) and is the only place in the country where four states meet. you can stand in four states at once.
        we did some shopping - native americans are there selling thier jewelry and crafts - and headed across colorado. We spent the night somewhere in south western colorado and headed across the state friday am
        we made it all the way across colorado and up through denver to drop off one of hte group, then onto nebraska
        we spent the night last night in north platte nebraska then it was off to home

it was a great time but i'm glad to be home. I just watched beach head and need to watch it again.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow Skydiver it sounds like a full vacation and it also sounds like the group had a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            What's life without the once in a lifetime opportunity to heckle a tall Klingon?

Welcome back Sky. We sure missed ya.

grrr, damn thing keeps hanging up

anyway, yes, i got to heckle a klingon.
            we were waiting in line and he was coming along and harrassing folks, all in good fun you know.
            he took my banana clip off my purse strap, called it a weapon. he then broke it and gave me back the pieces.
            during this, i got him to post with George and Ruby (george hammond, the link below) and i got the BEST look on his face.
            later on in quark's bar, he remembered me and took me to task for not telling him that the weapon was a hiar barrette

i have a great pic iwth him that i need to get a copy of
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

wednesday, we left las vegas and drove through zion national park and made our way to the navaho indian reservation
              thrusday we left kayente arizona and drove through mesa verde national park. in this place they have original cliff dwellings, made over 1000 years ago. people lived there and it's fantastic to see what they accomplished.
              we saw the glen canyon dam and spent the night in kayenta (which i would not necessarily recomment, it's horribly over priced)
              friday, drove through monument valley - where they taped a ton of old westerns - and made it through a good part of colorado in addition to the four corners area. for those that don't know, four corners is in hte middle of indian country (literally. reservations) and is the only place in the country where four states meet. you can stand in four states at once.
              we did some shopping - native americans are there selling thier jewelry and crafts - and headed across colorado. We spent the night somewhere in south western colorado and headed across the state friday am
              we made it all the way across colorado and up through denver to drop off one of hte group, then onto nebraska
              we spent the night last night in north platte nebraska then it was off to home

it was a great time but i'm glad to be home. I just watched beach head and need to watch it again.
              And once again I stay trapped in the midwest. Ugh. I'm totally thinking of taking up RVing. Sounds like an awesome trip! I do love the indian country. *sighs dreamily*
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                I also liked her looks in the SciFi Inside Special:

Looks to me like this is the outfit she is wearing in the preview for next weeks episode "Ex Deus Machina"
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Looks to me like this is the outfit she is wearing in the preview for next weeks episode "Ex Deus Machina"
                  Good catch, tenorsax!

And I can't wait to see it either...but can anyone tell me why the ep is called EX DEUS Machina instead of DEUS EX Machina???

Last edited by Uber; 20 August 2005, 09:50 PM.

Comment

i've been around the forum and i'm glad to say that sam's return was welcomed.

i need to watch beach head again to savor sam's scenes, but i won't be watching it 'till monday night (give me something to look forward too ).

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Ha! I'm watching some season 8 eps this week to help me decide whether to order it on DVD. I may have to just on the grounds of interference free copies. And for New Order--AT is great in that.

BTW--Has anyone seen AT in "Danielle Steele's Remembrance?" I had my sister tape it for me (LMN) but it cut off before the end. (I posted this on the AT appreciation page too, but no answer so far.) AT was *clearly* a much better actress than the lead. It was great to see her smile. Anyway--if anyone saw it, how did it end? These films are pretty predictable but still...
                      I saw up to the point where
                      Spoiler:
                      the Dr. guy asks her to give him another chance, that it's her that he loves. I should think so!
                      Remembrance is going to be on Lifetime Movie Network on Tueday this week

Comment

HEY SKY WELCOME BACK

Comment

wheeee, i'm home, FINALLY.

two weeks and 2000 miles later, i'm in my own room, my own chair, in front of my own tv and watching beachhead. ssh, don't tell me now it ends, i have 12 minutes to go

I'm glad that y'all have been good and have had fun and finally, season 9 begins
                          Welcome back! We missed you!
                          We also played well together while you were gone. Now we want to see some vacation pix.....especially if you have one of you and that big Klingon!
                          (Uh, Astrog, that goes for you too.....may we see your Hawaii photos, please?)
                          I saw it on LMN too...and then I ordered it off of Amazon... It's the French version so its title is actually "Souvenir d'amour" and here's something funny...Amanda's listed as the main actress in it. Sorry Eva LaRue.
                          Eva LaRue getting a lead over AT? That doesn't sound right to me!
                          Originally posted by majorsal
                          i've been around the forum and i'm glad to say that sam's return was welcomed.

i need to watch beach head again to savor sam's scenes, but i won't be watching it 'till monday night (give me something to look forward too ).

sally
                          No, no! Monday is Stargate SG-1 night on Skiffy! Vintage Sam! Five hours of vintage Sam....in a row! Oh, yeah.....some of you own DVDs. I don't. (sniffle)
                          Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Remembrance is going to be on Lifetime Movie Network on Tueday this week
                          Thank you so much for posting that! I never watch Lifetime, but I'll make sure to Tuesday night!

Comment

She's finally back and she looks realy good considering she just had a baby. I can't wait for next week to hear some more techno babble. Next week we will have Carter being Carte, Teal'c being Teal'c, Daniel being Daniel and Mitchell doing what ever Mitchell does. I guess that would be taking orders from the rest of the gang.

I liked it when the General was stating how bad he needs Carter and Jack messing with him.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Oh yeah, that was more like it. Sam is back!

and as hot as ever too :-D

Comment

Good catch, tenorsax!

And I can't wait to see it either...but can anyone tell me why the ep is called EX DEUS Machina instead of DEUS EX Machina???

My dear RPitM (Royal Pain in the Mik'ta ), I have a theory on this name.
                                I think the title means that the episode involves a machine of some sort
                                Spoiler:
                                a bomb according to the spoilers
                                belonging to an ex false god
                                Spoiler:
                                our dearest Baal
                                . The title is not correct Latin but it's a word game. So, if it's fun and if because of the "machine" involves a lot of Sam technobabbling and solving mysteries or better saving the day, what's a girl to do ?
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X