Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Thought I'd post some pics of our lovely Sam for those of you who haven't had a chance to see the episode yet but would like to see some photos.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7629/pdvd0558ak.jpg
    thank you, fs!

the one pic i left; anyone notice sam's reaction to vala's pouting attitude? it was like 'what was that and how old is she?'.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Spoiler:
      3. she senses the dynamic between everyone and feels like a fifth wheel. But again, that's only because she only thinks she'll be there for that one thing.
      spoilers for s9's beach head

Spoiler:
      man, i didn't see it that way at all. in fact, i saw vala pouting around that 'she' was the fifth wheel.

i think she missed the attention. not only was there someone else there to listen to (besides her), it was a woman. look how many ppl ignored her or shut her down this time. daniel clearly showed respect to sam too, as did everyone else. i think she was jealous of not only the attention sam got, but the respect.

but she showed them by saving everyone's ass.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for s9's beach head

Spoiler:
          i think she missed the attention. not only was there someone else there to listen to (besides her), it was a woman. look how many ppl ignored her or shut her down this time. daniel clearly showed respect to sam too, as did everyone else.

sally
          I totally agree -
          Spoiler:
          that was the first thing I noticed when Sam came into the picture.
          And even though it was strange at times to see Sam on the bridge and not down on the planet with the rest of the team and hear her talk about SG-1, I think it was necessary to ease into the change of characters that was coming up: even though it was Vala who went to the planet with the team, it was Sam who was there with the boys in the end.
          That being said, I am really going to miss Vala and her sarcastic comments - she did make me laugh a lot.

Now, I am looking forward to next week to find out what exactly it is that Mitchell will say to get the team together and I am hoping for some explanations and a lot of character interaction.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I notice there have been several milestones here while I've been buried under a pile of work. So, may I say......

Congratulations, Rune, on 2,000 posts!
            Congratulations, jckfan55, on 1,500 posts!
            Congratulations, dancerofspaz, on 1,300 posts!
            Congratulations, UhSir, on 100 posts!

Welcome, sky_blue_waters!

And.....Happy Birthday, dipsofjazz!
            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 20 August 2005, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah Sam's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so enjoyed watching "Beach Head" before tonight's gig. I'm at a friends house now - he recorded SG-1 tonight because he did not have time to watch it before our gig. So we are going to watch it in a few mintues. Late night Stargate party after a gig. I just wanted to stop by and read a few posts to see what the first reactions are to tonight.

Feels after the first viewing - I really liked the episode - I wanted to cheer when the walked up the ramp together (look forward to the reaction by everyone here now to watch the episode) -

Okay the guys are calling they are ready to start the episode - snacks and drink are out - so I had better go before they start with out me - see y'all tomorrow
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Wow, you all look pretty thrilled, I can't wait to see Beach Head ! I'm so glad TPTB did not mess everything up.
                Thanks a lot for sharing your happiness with us, poor samandans who have yet to see Beach Head.

Now I hope the ratings will be good ! That will show TPTB how much we love Sam

Comment

Here's some more photos:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1917/pdvd0751cr.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/4133/pdvd0767lq.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8472/pdvd0807gk.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1189/pdvd0825lj.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7472/pdvd0844bu.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3721/pdvd0706vw.jpg

So is it just me or does it seem that Sam got a bit of a haircut between Landry's office scene and the infirmary scene? I wonder how many times we're going to see this over the course of the season? Seems her hair is pretty much as long as she's allowed to have at the moment.

Kat
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 August 2005, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I love the Sam Carter character and Amanada Tapping is a great actress. But I just got to say it: Please, oh please find a brush or get a hair cut... something... please. just IMHO...(Daniel has shed the cowlick look he had going in the first couple of eps so I think if the hairdressers just pay less attention to Teal'c everything will be ok).
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      So is it just me or does it seem that Sam got a bit of a haircut between Landry's office scene and the infirmary scene?
                      I noticed it too. I wouldn't normally "complain" about something like this, but when did she have time to go the salon?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        thank you, fs!

the one pic i left; anyone notice sam's reaction to vala's pouting attitude? it was like 'what was that and how old is she?'.

sally
                        Yes! You said it perfectly!

Comment

Heya!

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO POSTED PICCIES!!!!!

Sam's looking great, but she should get a hairbrush...sorry!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ok, my 2 cents. They made us wait for Sam but finally--there she was! Yipee! I thought the episode was pretty good, but like many others I wished for more of a welcome back than Daniel's offhand comment. But then again, they didn't know she was going to be *really* back & apparently they've been keeping in touch. *We're* the ones who haven't seen her.
                            We didn't get any of the backstory of her being reluctant to come back, just the sense I think, from the way AT played it, that she was there b/c she was ordered to and would do the best job possible (as always), then it would be back to her lab.

I wish there was more Sam/Vala interaction. To me, from their looks, it seemed like they were kind of evaluating each other--"who is this col. Carter?" & "what's with this Vala?" kind of stuff. I liked her smile at the end when they decided Vala might be alive and giving the Ori heck.

Not the best hair style Sam--a bit messy & probably on the edge of ok militarily. But dang, AT always looks great. I love to see her in dress(?) uniform--blue is her color. And you'd never guess that mere weeks before she had a baby! Can you say envy?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Not the best hair style Sam--a bit messy & probably on the edge of ok militarily. But dang, AT always looks great. I love to see her in dress(?) uniform--blue is her color. And you'd never guess that mere weeks before she had a baby! Can you say envy?
                              I thought she looked really good in the last walking and talking scene with Mitchell trying to get her to return to SG-1. Her hair wasnt that bad in that shot and she just looked really confident and cool.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                I thought she looked really good in the last walking and talking scene with Mitchell trying to get her to return to SG-1. Her hair wasnt that bad in that shot and she just looked really confident and cool.
                                I totally agree - she looked great in that scene. And imagining that she would have just been a new mom for 6 or so weeks - it's just unbelievable!
                                I don't know what's going on with the hair - I actually liked how she looked like at the Comic Con - so it could just be a styling thing...
                                But THAT SMILE in her first scene with Landry - simply irresistible. (At that moment Stargate started for my hubby again )

Thanks, Kat, for posting the picture -
                                for some reason it wouldn't let me quote you,
                                but I wanted to make sure that I give you credit for the pic.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X