No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched Beachhead again - I really liked it.
    Spoiler:
    I didn't mind that Sam was not in charge - after all, they had to come up with some transition considering the backstory (her being away at Area 51 and just helping out).
    I was just happy to hear her techno babble again. And that smile when she was standing there in her first scene...
    The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that she literally really just walked through the door. There was no big "hi" and "how are you, I am glad to see you" scene at all - like the one Forever wrote - I would have loved something like that.
    But then again, maybe they wanted to make it look like they were all constantly in contact and there was no need for anything else, who knows.

It was a great story, funny, exciting, thrilling, and I can't wait for more.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

She's back!!!!!

My thoughts:

Spoiler:
      I have to admit, good episode. I didn't like the focus on Vala, and the fact that Sam stayed behind on the ship, and yet Daniel and Vala got to go down to the planet. Why would they send someone who is completely untrustworthy on that type of important mission? I realize she was linked to Daniel, but that just doesn't make sense to me. I guess this was supposed to highlight the fact that they aren't a team yet.

On to more positive things. I am elated that Sam is back. I liked that they didn't make it seem like she messed up or she developed a faulty weapon or something similar. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for interaction between the characters. I did really enjoy that little moment between Daniel and Sam in the gateroom. I still would have liked to see a scene where at least Teal'c welcomed her back. Perhaps next week.

I could spend a long time picking it apart, but I really did like it.

Bottom line: good episode.

: Counts down the seconds 'till the next episode :

Still, I'm really excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. They have a lot of potential here, what remains to be seen is if they use it.

IMHO, of course.
      Alice in Chains, Metallica, Jerry Cantrell.
      Pure metal.
      Go Red Sox and Patriots!
      My favorite CD ATM: Master of Puppets, by Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I think you really said it all NC. This was the first episode this season that felt as if all the members of the team contributed, even if they aren't really a team yet (even Vala). I liked the way they did it. I know some wanted Sam to come back and save the day, but I actually liked Sam being a bit subdued. It plays more into her reasons for coming back much more than if she had walked in and took control of the situation, ect. Besides if she had done so too many people would have complained about it. I'm just really happy that they didn't make Sam the fall guy for things going wrong. I think they wrote it really well that Sam didn't feel comfortable doing this and noone could have expected the outcome, not even Sam. That was my biggest fear when I read the spoilers.

As for letting Vala have her moment of glory, I don't mind. I actually like Vala in a weird and twisted sort of way. I think it will be very interesting to see how/if they bring her back.

Can't wait till next week!
        I agree completely.

Although a part of me would have liked to have seen her be more excited about being there, the truth is we KNOW why she's not jumping out of her skin happy to be there. Hopefully they'll cover that next week in more depth.

I liked Vala more after last week and like her more tonight. I hope we see her again in the future.

BUT...and this is the most important thing here...SAM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sam's back! Wooohooo! I thought it was a great episode. I'm sorry to hear that Brad Wright hasn't written more for SG-1 this season. I really like his stories.
          Spoiler:

I am going to miss Vala. She's grown on me a lot, and she went out with a bang. I'm glad they let her go heroically, and I hope they bring her back later in the season. I thought it was odd that Daniel treated her so badly this time. His interaction with her seemed to lack the light-heartedness of previous episodes.

Teal'c didn't seem to have much of a roll again, but it still felt more like a team effort. When the four of them went up the ramp together, I wanted to cheer.

I have to say that I thought Sam's hair in her first scene in her dress blues was a tad bit too, too... "I just got electrocuted," and I could hear the Sam-slammers throwing fits even as I watched.

All in all, I really enjoyed it!

My LJ

Comment

GOTTA LOVE THE GAL!

Super well done ep. A perfect setting for Sam Carter to return and shine, which she did, of course.

And although minor, I also wondered that there wasn't even a token "Hey, Girl, glad you're back!" Or other similar sentiments. She doesn't live on base, is deep in R&D; how much contact could she have been in with Tea'lc, Daniel or Cam? Also, the Prometheus commander barely greeted her; should we suppose he was used to seeing Sam on a regular basis, too? Odd, IMHO. Just sayin' out loud.

Back to the love:

Loved the shot of the Vala and Sam together, on opposite sides of the frame. Photo-op? A good one. And having Vala walk through the gate first, to show the core team, Sam, Cam, Tea'l and Daniel go through together for the first time- priceless.

A lighter presence than expected, but done to a turn. WELCOME HOME, SAM (and AMANDA TAPPING! ) !

Just sayin'.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

GREAT TO HAVE SAM BACK!!!

amanda looked fab!

the one thing i didn't care for was there not really being a 'welcome back, sam' scene, but when i thought about it, she not only was just visiting/helping out, she'd still been in contact with everyone.

i liked vala in this ep more than any of her other appearances. i would have liked some sam-vala 'real' interaction, but there's always a next time.

i can't wait for someone to have screen caps for this, so i can see sam again.

oh, i recored it to watch again, and scifi/comcast didn't screw it up for me. scarey, eh?

well, fellow sam fans, our SAM/AMANDA IS BACK!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                GREAT TO HAVE SAM BACK!!!

amanda looked fab!

the one thing i didn't care for was there not really being a 'welcome back, sam' scene, but when i thought about it, she not only was just visiting/helping out, she'd still been in contact with everyone.

i liked vala in this ep more than any of her other appearances. i would have liked some sam-vala 'real' interaction, but there's always a next time.

i can't wait for someone to have screen caps for this, so i can see sam again.

oh, i recored it to watch again, and scifi/comcast didn't screw it up for me. scarey, eh?

well, fellow sam fans, our SAM/AMANDA IS BACK!!

sally

Yes, Sam/Amanda is back!! Reading through the Beachhead thread --- lots of fans are commenting that they are glad she is back. Feels good! Technobabble never sounded so good.

Strix---Sam's hair-- seemed like it changed a bit even through this first episode for her---taming down a little by the end. Looks like a transition time for AT's hair over the next few episodes. Makes sense just coming back onto the set.

And yes, she looks great!!

Comment

Sam is back!!!!! Hurrah!!!!!

This is the first ep of the season that has felt "right" to me. Loved the first scene with Landry and Sam, because
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Jack had planned a little trick to play on Landry via phone, and that fed my little shippy heart!

Also loved the fact that
                  Spoiler:
                  no one can blame the failure of the weapon on Sam. They were all equally set up. No one could have foreseen that.

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  It also had the right balance of characters for me. Everyone was important and had something to do. And I liked the story---I really wanted to know what would happen---I wasn't bored, like I had been with the first four episodes!!! Good special effects too. Yes I have nitpicks, but seeing Sam doing her thing and being in the show quite a bit felt really good!!
                  I felt exactly the same way, chocdoc! And it was good to see Pendergast too!
                  Originally posted by gatebee
                  the only thing I didn't like was when Sam
                  Spoiler:
                  said to Mitchell that it was his call. It meant somehow that he was in charge...
                  I agree, gatebee, that
                  Spoiler:
                  since she was just coming in to help on this one project, this was appropriate. And she and Cam seemed very comfortable around each other.
                  I bet next week will be even better!

Comment

I'm so glad I came here before I posted! You guys are so reasonable, and you'll see why in a moment...

My new ritual has been to watch the episode twice before I post. Most of the time my family members are NOT gagged/drugged/incapacitated/bribed, so I have to kinda wade through their LOVELY crapola. Needless to say, the TiVo gets a good work out on Friday nights. "Rewind" is our friend.

Anywho, for whatever reason, I was watching the episode the first time, and I was like, "Meh." I don't know why. It was a good episode. The only thing I predicted was the
                    Spoiler:
                    blackhole deal
                    , and that was like three seconds before they said it. It was very interesting. I think I'd just had my hopes up for all of these character moments, you know? It would have been nice, but after watching the episode, I realize that that's not really logical. Nor is it possible.

I think they did well with what they had. You guys are right: It was a team episode. With the exception of Teal'c, everyone made a large contribution. I'll miss Vala, if only because she's gone through some kind of personality makeover. Her comments tend to be rather unnecessary, but I'm with Forever: I really like her in some sick, twisted way. It's too bad she has to go now.

Still
                    Spoiler:
                    they have a nice way to bring her back later, and here's hoping for her return before the season finale. They suggested that she's alive, so that MUST mean that she plays a part in the plot later on.
                    And if that's the case, I'll hope for my Vala/Sam moment then.

So thanks for all of your positive comments, guys! You really put this episode in perspective for me, and I can honestly say that it's a good promise of things to come.

Oh, and I have to mention this:
                    Spoiler:
                    What the heck was with the basketball game scene? It was so random and WEIRD, yet so funny!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Sam is back!!!!! Hurrah!!!!!

This is the first ep of the season that has felt "right" to me. Loved the first scene with Landry and Sam, because
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Jack had planned a little trick to play on Landry via phone, and that fed my little shippy heart!

Also loved the fact that
                      Spoiler:
                      no one can blame the failure of the weapon on Sam. They were all equally set up. No one could have foreseen that.

I felt exactly the same way, chocdoc! And it was good to see Pendergast too!

I agree, gatebee, that
                      Spoiler:
                      since she was just coming in to help on this one project, this was appropriate. And she and Cam seemed very comfortable around each other.
                      I bet next week will be even better!
                      Keep in mind that this mission for Sam is a TDA (temporary duty assignment for those not up on military lingo). She's there to follow an order and do what she does...although it's clear she's not comfortable being there.

I attribute her attitude to the fact that she 1. is only there for this one assignment. No need to reestablish ties when she isn't going to be there long. 2. She's not confident it would work (and she was right although for different reasons than she thought). 3. she senses the dynamic between everyone and feels like a fifth wheel. But again, that's only because she only thinks she'll be there for that one thing.

No matter. Sam's back. So's the team. And we'll have more of her next week, and the week after that...and so on.

And yup about the situation. It wasn't her fault...she did nothing wrong...there was no way to know.

Woohoo!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Spoiler:
                        What the heck was with the basketball game scene? It was so random and WEIRD, yet so funny
                        My opinion? It was all about
                        Spoiler:
                        Landry and "nothin' but net!" Just kidding, sort of. I think it was saying to the viewers, "Everybody say 'team' now."

Comment

Comment

Yay Sam's back!!! I had problems with bits and pieces and I loved other parts, so in all I'll say this was the best episode this season.

I hope some of the questions I have will be answered next week. I look forward to the next episode!

I agree with NC It was a good team episode. We were able to get a glimpse of the team dynamics and what the rest of the season holds. (I still miss Jack and I desperately want Sam to lead SG-1)

woohoo my VCR actually worked
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 19 August 2005, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Beach Head... Sam with Vala

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...c/PDVD_148.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X