Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Wow, talk about sending a message to the Ori!!
    I have to admit, Vala's last act was pretty cool.
    I definitely hope we'll see her again, but I'm really REALLY glad we have Sam back!!

Spoiler:

One of the funniest Vala scenes... on board Prometheus.

Cameron: Request permission to come aboard.
    Colonel: Shaft, welcome back to the Prometheus.
    Cameron: Thank you, Colonel.
    Sam: Shaft?
    Cameron: My call sign... Cam... Shaft.
    Sam: Oh.
    Vala: Yeah, disappointing isn't it?
    Yes, Vala would be nice to have back.

re: your spoilers
    I laughed so hard I had to slap my hand over my mouth to shut myself up because my 15 year old son was watching the show too and he looked at me for an explanation of what was so funny. I'm still trying to figure out how to explain it. Maybe if I take long enough he'll forget all about?

Comment

You know what I noticed though? The whole forum was almost deadly silent while Beachhead was on and the moment it was over, the forum crashed for just a second, I guess too many tried to get on at the same time.
      Can't wait to see the ratings. I am so glad Sam is back but I have to say, everybody was awesome. I liked Vala again in this ep and I almost felt sorry for her
      Spoiler:
      when everybody kept ignoring her
      I can't wait for next Friday and Ex Deus Machina, after all that's supposed to be the ep where
      Spoiler:
      Mitchell "gets the band back together". AT said in her TV Zone interview that Mitchell will say something really sweet and that the fans will like it Can't wait!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Yes she is back at last. She rocks. she took control of the situation and gave those techno babble.... loved it

Comment

All this suspense and excitement - I am exhausted but soo happy!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Carter
            Spoiler:
            made Vala insecure. When they were in the gateroom, Vala stayed back. She felt loss.

Comment

Ode to Beachhead (Spoiler)

Vala Vala burning bright
              Seems to be the writers' delight
              Some SG1 fans may be full of woe
              For, once again, she stole the show

I, a fan of Sam, so true
              Hoped to see her coming through
              Instead she sat in the bridge with all
              Letting Vala thrill and enthrall

I'm so glad that Carter's back
              Her technobabble still intact
              But the writers couldn't let Vala leave
              Without crowning her with a reprieve

Save the day and take the risk
              Then disappear for awhile ... tsk tsk tsk
              I wanted Carter to find the solution
              Not see Vala gain absolution

Well, gee whiz - it's just a show
              Heroes come, and heroes go
              Sam may shine in a later plot
              Vala's left an open slot!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Ode to Beachhead (Spoiler)

Vala Vala burning bright
                Seems to be the writers' delight
                Some SG1 fans may be full of woe
                For, once again, she stole the show

I, a fan of Sam, so true
                Hoped to see her coming through
                Instead she sat in the bridge with all
                Letting Vala thrill and enthrall

I'm so glad that Carter's back
                Her technobabble still intact
                But the writers couldn't let Vala leave
                Without crowning her with a reprieve

Save the day and take the risk
                Then disappear for awhile ... tsk tsk tsk
                I wanted Carter to find the solution
                Not see Vala gain absolution

Well, gee whiz - it's just a show
                Heroes come, and heroes go
                Sam may shine in a later plot
                Vala's left an open slot!
                CG, you summed up my feelings exactly, and in rhyme! I suppose that Vala had to have a last hurrah, so I didn't mind that so much. It was a really good "team" show, with everyone contributing. And best of all,
                SAM IS BACK!!!

NC

Comment

please, someone, give a detailed synopsis of sam's scenes, so i don't have to go to the chatter thread - i mean the shipper thread.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Vala did credit Sam for the Idea and Sam was trying to take in all the information instead of just rushing into a suicide mission. And Vala had to have a good ending because I think we all know they will try to bring her back and Daniel was pretty harsh to her the entire ep (thought that was funny). It did look like Vala lost a little "confidence" when Sam was around. No real insults, except to Mitchell, and lets face it, with that nickname he deserves to be insulted.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      Yes she is back at last. She rocks. she took control of the situation and gave those techno babble.... loved it
                      (I have no idea if this will post---GW is very very slow---seems like lots of people on, but I'll give it a go).

I agree. There was alot I liked about tonight's episode. It felt like Stargate SG1 to me, and I thought Sam was great. I didn't mind how they played out Vala in this---Sam is here to stay so we will get to see her get in action all season long. Vala I'm sure will return, but will be gone for awhile, and I liked Vala in this alot.

It also had the right balance of characters for me. Everyone was important and had something to do. And I liked the story---I really wanted to know what would happen---I wasn't bored, like I had been with the first four episodes!!! Good special effects too. Yes I have nitpicks, but seeing Sam doing her thing and being in the show quite a bit felt really good!! Thanks Brad Wright for a really good Stargate SG1 episode!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        (I have no idea if this will post---GW is very very slow---seems like lots of people on, but I'll give it a go).

I agree. There was alot I liked about tonight's episode. It felt like Stargate SG1 to me, and I thought Sam was great. I didn't mind how they played out Vala in this---Sam is here to stay so we will get to see her get in action all season long. Vala I'm sure will return, but will be gone for awhile, and I liked Vala in this alot.

It also had the right balance of characters for me. Everyone was important and had something to do. And I liked the story---I really wanted to know what would happen---I wasn't bored, like I had been with the first four episodes!!! Good special effects too. Yes I have nitpicks, but seeing Sam doing her thing and being in the show quite a bit felt really good!! Thanks Brad Wright for a really good Stargate SG1 episode!
                        lost two post that I did and yes it is very slow

you are so right ...thank you Brad Wright for this great ep. Can't wait for next week.

the only thing I didn't like was when Sam
                        Spoiler:
                        said to Mitchell that it was his call. It meant somehow that he was in charge...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          lost two post that I did and yes it is very slow

you are so right ...thank you Brad Wright for this great ep. Can't wait for next week.

the only thing I didn't like was when Sam
                          Spoiler:
                          said to Mitchell that it was his call. It meant somehow that he was in charge...
                          Yeah, I caught that too, but
                          Spoiler:
                          Daniel did say that Sam was only with them temporarily, so it made sense that Cam was in charge of the mission.

NC

Comment

Sam was the only saving grace in this episode. Here's to Sam being back and some strong episodes for her!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              CG, you summed up my feelings exactly, and in rhyme! I suppose that Vala had to have a last hurrah, so I didn't mind that so much. It was a really good "team" show, with everyone contributing. And best of all,

SAM IS BACK!!!

NC
                              I think you really said it all NC. This was the first episode this season that felt as if all the members of the team contributed, even if they aren't really a team yet (even Vala). I liked the way they did it. I know some wanted Sam to come back and save the day, but I actually liked Sam being a bit subdued. It plays more into her reasons for coming back much more than if she had walked in and took control of the situation, ect. Besides if she had done so too many people would have complained about it. I'm just really happy that they didn't make Sam the fall guy for things going wrong. I think they wrote it really well that Sam didn't feel comfortable doing this and noone could have expected the outcome, not even Sam. That was my biggest fear when I read the spoilers.

As for letting Vala have her moment of glory, I don't mind. I actually like Vala in a weird and twisted sort of way. I think it will be very interesting to see how/if they bring her back.

Can't wait till next week!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

Yes, but unfortunately I don't believe BW is writing any other episodes for SG-1 this season. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll help write the season finale.

Comment

Working...
                                X