Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

VCR or TIVO or DVR set to record
    (and for those of us who are anal, all of the above)

Other activities arranged for all family members who aren’t SG-1 fans
    (drugged, bribed to be out of the house, stuffed in a closet, etc.)

All pets forced to take care of bodily functions before the show starts

Bathroom visit to take care of my bodily functions before the show starts

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Curtains drawn to discourage visitors

Contact numbers handy for cable/satellite dish provider in case signal is lost

Back up (naquadah)generator ready in case of power failure

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC
    Last class of the day is over - after school bus duty starts in 10 mins. - then it's time to go home - take a shower put instruments and gear form gig by the door so they are ready to load - then sit down watch "Beachhead" (while recording episode) - then it's off to gig - return home and watch episode a second time

Crazy day at school with emergency drills three times to day - so I'm ready for a Stargate break
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Don't forget (like we could ) Amanda's back on tonight's SG1! yay!

Comment

Tok'Ra Hostess thanks for the lowdown on the project AT is working on. That sounds like a great show! Hopefully they will air it in the U.S.!! I would definitely tune it. I love the science behind Stargate and who better to explain then the one person that has studied the theories ... Amanda Tapping!

SamFan31 - Thanks I'll let you know how my VCR faired! People really are so nice here.

Sg-1fanintn - Thanks for the great tribute to Sam! Well Said!!

Everyone Enjoy the show and post a lot after the show for those unlucky souls who miss it or the episode hasn't aired in their region yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Hey, gang! Just popping in to report some news(well, it's news to me; you may have discussed it to death 700 posts ago....

Originally Posted by Sky Press Release:

Hugely popular sci fi series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, which both start on Sky One this month, are set in a fantasy world of alien parasites, parallel universes, time travel, and wormholes through space and time. But while the show’s scenarios might push our imagination to its limits, the science behind the show is often based on genuine and robust scientific theory. SG-1’s Amanda Tapping (Major Samantha Carter) presents an incredible look at the truth behind the science fiction.

In a spellbinding hour of television, Amanda visits professors at the California Institute of Technology, who use Einstein’s Theory Of Relativity to explain how the interplanetary travel of the Stargate which lies at the heart of the series could become reality.

And while a working Stargate might be some time off, Amanda speaks to a team of Viennese scientists who have actually created a functioning teleportation device. Amanda also turns her attention to the alien parasites, hi-tech weaponry, miraculous healing machines and robotic replicators of the Stargate universe, which all have their bases in real life. The writers and producers of the show also divulge some of the inspirations behind their stories.
          This is great news. I see from the UK schedule thread that it's going to air on the 5th October. Something else to look forward to!
          Last edited by dipsofjazz; 19 August 2005, 02:17 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

To all Samandans in the US:

Have a very good evening with our Queen's return in Beachhead tonight !

Don't forget to follow all the check list left by Nearly Circular.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

HERE'S THE BIG DAY!

the day we've been waiting for forever!

SAM/AMANDA RETURNS TODAY!!!

i was going to celebrate by introducing my two new avatars, but i can't get them sized to fit here. they were either too many this or too many that. so, instead of shaving them to the point of ridiculousness, i'm just going to post them here and show you what they look like. i still wanted them as avatars, but i think they're just too color/graffic heavy or something. anyhoo, here there be!

but before i go, sam fans, one more time...

SAM'S COMING HOME TODAY!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                I found a Torri Higginson interview over at the TH thread and there was this awesome bit where she talks about working with Amanda. I dont have time to go back and find the link to thw whole article, but here's the bit about AT;

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."

and just the last little bit too, coz it's sweet;

Speaking of the now expanded Stargate franchise, Higginson concludes, "I hope that we can just do Stargate SG-1 proud. I wish that we can shine in their shadow. They have created a remarkable world, their relationship with each other and their fans is beautiful, and my wish is that we can do them proud."

This interview just upped my love and respect for Torri. The two leading ladies of Stargate are amazing, and it's great to know that they like each other too.
                that was very nice to read. and so was what claudia black said. nice and respectful ladies.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow...How apropos that on such an auspicious occasion as Sam's return to Stargate tonight that we also get one of the best Sam episodes as well as one of the best Stargate episodes ever...In the Line of Duty!!!

Oh and for all those who care...1 hour 39 minutes and 51 seconds...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I can't believe that the wait is (almost) over !!! THE day has come, Carter is back, wooohooooo ! I hope you'll all enjoy tonight's episode, and please *begs* post a lot to share your feelings with us, unlucky samandans who have to wait to see Beach Head !

Comment

For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC
                      LOL!

but you forgot a big one (for me).

bribe comcast to not interrupt for something stupid (governor schwarzenegger has hang nail), or scifi to not screw up their signal (still haven't figured out if they're doing it on purpose) so that i could get through one sam-heavy ep without having to watch the repeat later. argh!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                        Tok'Ra Hostess thanks for the lowdown on the project AT is working on. That sounds like a great show! Hopefully they will air it in the U.S.!! I would definitely tune it. I love the science behind Stargate and who better to explain then the one person that has studied the theories ... Amanda Tapping!

SamFan31 - Thanks I'll let you know how my VCR faired! People really are so nice here.

Sg-1fanintn - Thanks for the great tribute to Sam! Well Said!!

Everyone Enjoy the show and post a lot after the show for those unlucky souls who miss it or the episode hasn't aired in their region yet!
                        DITTO!!

And, NC, everything checked and all systems go!

Let's toast with Strix Varia!! Sam is back!!! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                          I found a Torri Higginson interview over at the TH thread and there was this awesome bit where she talks about working with Amanda. I dont have time to go back and find the link to thw whole article, but here's the bit about AT;

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."
                          Thanks so much for posting this, Charlie! I would never have seen it otherwise! Thanks for sharing!

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

NC
                          ROTFLOL!!!!! What a stitch, NC!! I think we should all print it and post it on our refrigerators for handy quick reference!!!!!
                          Originally posted by SamFan31
                          I have two DVRs and plan to record the 8:00 and 11:00 shows on each machine. This should provide some kind of protection from Sci-Fi, Time Warner and a DVR malfunction.

If all goes well, what in heavens name will I do with four recordings of Beachhead?!
                          SamFan31, to protect your copies of Sam episodes, I suggest the following plan:
                          Put one copy under your pillow.....
                          Another copy goes in your safe deposit box.....
                          The third is for actual viewing.....and....
                          you can record over the fourth one next week!
                          ( * if you feel really, really secure that your other safeguards are in place, that is! * )

Comment

Yay Sams back!!!
                            Note to Stargate writers (Im using mobieus time machine to go back and give the writers this note btw).....dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup damwellbetternotmessthisup getit gotit good

Yay Sams Back!!!!
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Congratulations, chocdoc, on 300 posts!
                              Congratulations, Tok'Ra Hostess, on 1,100 posts!

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Yay Sams back!!!
                              Note to Stargate writers (Im using mobieus time machine to go back and give the writers this note btw).....dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup dontmessitup damwellbetternotmessthisup getit gotit good

Yay Sams Back!!!!
                              Yes!

And only 1 hour, 8 minutes to go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

SamFan31, to protect your copies of Sam episodes, I suggest the following plan:
                                Put one copy under your pillow.....
                                Another copy goes in your safe deposit box.....
                                The third is for actual viewing.....and....
                                you can record over the fourth one next week!
                                ( * if you feel really, really secure that your other safeguards are in place, that is! * )
                                Sounds like a good plan to me! I'll keep that fourth one 'cuz it will have the commercials deleted.

Now, since west coast Time Warner doesn't show it until 8:00pm PDT I think I will sign off and try to avoid the thread until the show is over. Hopefully that will keep me spoiler free. Gad, that means I have to wait 4 hours. But, like Über said, we've got "In the Line of Duty" at 6:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X