Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    I found a Torri Higginson interview over at the TH thread and there was this awesome bit where she talks about working with Amanda. I dont have time to go back and find the link to thw whole article, but here's the bit about AT;

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."
    This not only confirms what we know--that Amanda T. is a gracious and warm person, but that she is respected "in the biz." We may think she's talented, but I'm sure coming from a fellow actor it means a lot.
    Hail to the Queen--6 hours til her return!
    Last edited by jckfan55; 19 August 2005, 10:00 AM. Reason: highlight

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      ROFL

I thought I was the only nut who did these things, unfortunately, MY DVR is still NOT working!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! May the cable man develop hives in his crotch!
      Sorry.......
      That's an interesting curse. Glad I don't work for your cable company.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        I wouldn't worry about the spoilers for the Scourge - after I read them I had to remind myself that it was about Stargate SG1 and not some other show I had never heard of since the team was mentioned for all of about 1 second when, of course, Mitchell and Daniel came up but it was almost totally devoid of anything about how the team is involved so the spoilers left me cold, once again, and not just because Carter wasn't mentioned but because they seem to have almost zero interest in getting fans excited about what the team will be doing. My bet, if there is a season 10, the team will be cammy and vala running around the galaxy stealing things, sleeping with whomever they please, trading crude sexual innuendo, or outright sexual, jokes and getting themselves, and earth, into trouble. (The mention they did have of cammy being "skeptical" and Daniel convincing him made me immediately think of O'Neill, since that was his MO a lot of the time, and inevitably it would be Daniel convincing him to go ahead. I guess TPTB cannot create a new character so they just will continue to rip off O'Neill.) Can you say sarcastic?
        I tried 5 times to answer this post, but for some reason my pc froze each time. Maybe someone was trying to tell me NOT to post in anger, so I have decided not to. All I will say is this.....I thought the motto of Samanda was Hic Comitas Regit. I thought this thread was about Sam and the fabulous actress that portrays her. I did not think it was about trashing other actors or the characters they portray. There are way too many other threads for that.

OK, no more....I'm getting angry again. I just have to keep telling myself...Sam is coming home tonight, Sam is coming home tonight.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

VCR or TIVO or DVR set to record
          (and for those of us who are anal, all of the above)

Other activities arranged for all family members who aren’t SG-1 fans
          (drugged, bribed to be out of the house, stuffed in a closet, etc.)

All pets forced to take care of bodily functions before the show starts

Bathroom visit to take care of my bodily functions before the show starts

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Curtains drawn to discourage visitors

Contact numbers handy for cable/satellite dish provider in case signal is lost

Back up (naquadah)generator ready in case of power failure

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC
          Too funny. The crazy thing is that I am going to do most of it...
          The more difficult thing will be to get hubby into the excitement - he is a huge fan of Stargate but constantly makes fun of me when I get excited about Sam.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC
            Too Funny! I wish I could do all those things. Well actually I have set my VCR and pray that it will actually record (crazy thing has a mind of it's own)!

Just got a phone call and my family wants to all go out and have a big happy dinner tonight, which I'm usually the first to get everyone together, but tonight of all nights! Family comes first so unless I can convince them to go tomorrow night instead I will be missing tonight's episode. Heres hoping my VCR will smile on me and actually record the full 60 minutes!

Are we taking bets that GW will crash tonight? If everyone is having the problems I have to post it might be a safe bet.

Comment

Our Queen arrives back tonight at SGC

Comment

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

NC
                Aaahhh. It's so great knowing we all have these issues. And a checklist? Fantastic. Good times.

DirecTV has ONE chance to get this right (actually, they kinda have two), and if they screw it up... Oh man. Someone's gonna pay.

Now, how much $$$ do you think two younger siblings and a couple of parents would take for a night on the town?

Comment

<< snip >>

NC
                  NC, what a terrific list of how to prepare oneself for an optimum viewing experience. Maybe some popcorn would be order too. I have to confess I fall into the anal classification.

I have two DVRs and plan to record the 8:00 and 11:00 shows on each machine. This should provide some kind of protection from Sci-Fi, Time Warner and a DVR malfunction.

If all goes well, what in heavens name will I do with four recordings of Beachhead?! Like I mentioned to Astro, I can play with deleting the commercials and still have multiple backups in case I screw up. Man, I hope tonight is a great episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    If all goes well, what in heavens name will I do with four recordings of Beachhead?! Like I mentioned to Astro, I can play with deleting the commercials and still have multiple backups in case I screw up. Man, I hope tonight is a great episode.
                    Hey SamFan31 if you do indeed end up with 4 copies I may be bribing you to send one my way if my VCR takes a nose dive out the window because it didn't record Beachheads.

Sam's returning I'm sure it will be a great episode! JM said Carter would be in the episode a lot! Yay!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      Hey SamFan31 if you do indeed end up with 4 copies I may be bribing you to send one my way if my VCR takes a nose dive out the window because it didn't record Beachheads.

Sam's returning I'm sure it will be a great episode! JM said Carter would be in the episode a lot! Yay!!
                      Let me know if your VCR crashes, I'd be happy to send you a DVD copy. No bribes required!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        LOL!

I have a bottle of champagne chilling... (If my Stargate watching buddies don't show up - and I haven't heard from any of them yet- I should be fairly toasted by the time BSG rolls around. )
                        I like the idea of champagne! Why don't we all have glass in hand and toast when Sam first appears on the screen? (not counting the miss-it-if-you-blink opening credits) It doesn't have to be champagne, of course, or even alcoholic - just a drink in celebration of Sam and Amanda's return. Since we all get the show at the same time, (in the US) we'll be toasting in unison.

NC

Comment

I like the idea of champagne! Why don't we all have glass in hand and toast when Sam first appears on the screen? (not counting the miss-it-if-you-blink opening credits) It doesn't have to be champagne, of course, or even alcoholic - just a drink in celebration of Sam and Amanda's return. Since we all get the show at the same time, (in the US) we'll be toasting in unison.

NC
                          Sounds great to me! Now, if I could just move the TV in front of my bathtub, I could have a bubble bath too......candles, bubble bath, champagne......wait a minute, where am I going with this? It's Sam coming back, not Jack. Sorry.....got carried away.

OK, champagne and strawberries, for Sam's return!!!! YES! (guess I better take the bubble bath now)
                          On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            NC, what a terrific list of how to prepare oneself for an optimum viewing experience. Maybe some popcorn would be order too. I have to confess I fall into the anal classification.

I have two DVRs and plan to record the 8:00 and 11:00 shows on each machine. This should provide some kind of protection from Sci-Fi, Time Warner and a DVR malfunction.

OK, now THAT hurts. I only have ONE DVR and it's NOT working! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........that cable guy will be scratching his crotch all night if I get my wish.......HIVES!!!!!! Big, itchy ones! The DVR worked fine until he got to it.
                            On fighting:

Comment

Just popping in with a little tribute to our Queen.....and her triumphant return! I hope it turned out ok. I only had a little time at lunch to work on it!

Talk to you all after the show!!!!!

Comment

Hey, gang! Just popping in to report some news(well, it's news to me; you may have discussed it to death 700 posts ago....

Originally Posted by Sky Press Release:

Hugely popular sci fi series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, which both start on Sky One this month, are set in a fantasy world of alien parasites, parallel universes, time travel, and wormholes through space and time. But while the show’s scenarios might push our imagination to its limits, the science behind the show is often based on genuine and robust scientific theory. SG-1’s Amanda Tapping (Major Samantha Carter) presents an incredible look at the truth behind the science fiction.

In a spellbinding hour of television, Amanda visits professors at the California Institute of Technology, who use Einstein’s Theory Of Relativity to explain how the interplanetary travel of the Stargate which lies at the heart of the series could become reality.

And while a working Stargate might be some time off, Amanda speaks to a team of Viennese scientists who have actually created a functioning teleportation device. Amanda also turns her attention to the alien parasites, hi-tech weaponry, miraculous healing machines and robotic replicators of the Stargate universe, which all have their bases in real life. The writers and producers of the show also divulge some of the inspirations behind their stories.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X