No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for helping me out with the spoiler tags confusion. I have a funny feeling I'm gonna pulling an all nighter with my dvd's - yay behind the scenes stuff!
    Royal Page of Samanda
    "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

I found a Torri Higginson interview over at the TH thread and there was this awesome bit where she talks about working with Amanda. I dont have time to go back and find the link to thw whole article, but here's the bit about AT;

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."

and just the last little bit too, coz it's sweet;

Speaking of the now expanded Stargate franchise, Higginson concludes, "I hope that we can just do Stargate SG-1 proud. I wish that we can shine in their shadow. They have created a remarkable world, their relationship with each other and their fans is beautiful, and my wish is that we can do them proud."

This interview just upped my love and respect for Torri. The two leading ladies of Stargate are amazing, and it's great to know that they like each other too.
      Royal Page of Samanda
      "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

[QUOTE=astrogeologist]Vote for those great Sam episodes at the SciFi Viewer's Choice Poll
        http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/

You vote for your top ten episodes - and it looks like you can vote over and over again - so folks, let's get some of those great Sam episodes into the Viewer's choices when they air! (That will show those folks at the MGM forum that chocdoc mentioned earlier in the thread)

[QUOTE]

I voted for:

Singularity
        In the Line of Duty
        Jolinar's Memories
        The Devil You Know
        Foothold
        Ascension
        Grace
        Death Knell
        New Order I
        New Order II

I don't like the fact that they allow you to vote more than once. I'm not good at remembering to go back! Why can't they just let people vote once!

Sam is back tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
          I found a Torri Higginson interview over at the TH thread and there was this awesome bit where she talks about working with Amanda. I dont have time to go back and find the link to thw whole article, but here's the bit about AT;

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."

Speaking of the now expanded Stargate franchise, Higginson concludes, "I hope that we can just do Stargate SG-1 proud. I wish that we can shine in their shadow. They have created a remarkable world, their relationship with each other and their fans is beautiful, and my wish is that we can do them proud."

This interview just upped my love and respect for Torri. The two leading ladies of Stargate are amazing, and it's great to know that they like each other too.

this is great, Charlie. Thanks for posting this! It would be really great to see these two actresses working together again on a crossover some day.

Comment

I just popped in to say hi! There is only a few more hours till Sam comes back!!!!! WHOO HOO!!! I cant wait!

Comment

[QUOTE=chocdoc][QUOTE=astrogeologist]Vote for those great Sam episodes at the SciFi Viewer's Choice Poll
              http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/

You vote for your top ten episodes - and it looks like you can vote over and over again - so folks, let's get some of those great Sam episodes into the Viewer's choices when they air! (That will show those folks at the MGM forum that chocdoc mentioned earlier in the thread)

I voted for:

Singularity
              In the Line of Duty
              Jolinar's Memories
              The Devil You Know
              Foothold
              Ascension
              Grace
              Death Knell
              New Order I
              New Order II

I don't like the fact that they allow you to vote more than once. I'm not good at remembering to go back! Why can't they just let people vote once!

Sam is back tonight!!
              Yeah once I realized that you could vote more than once I decided it wasn't worth the bother. The episodes that will win are the ones that have the fans that are willing to sit and push send a million times. And you dn't have to worry about remembering to vote or remembering what you voted for. Enter your requests. And just sit there for a few hours hitting send. It will accept each one. I can just imagine what episodes will be on the list come Sept 2nd. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Ooo, just noticed in the Claudia Black interview at Gateworld she had something nice to say about Amanda!

Not much, but considering the complete lack of a mention of Carter in the spoilers for The Scourge, I'll take what I can get

How long now???
                I wouldn't worry about the spoilers for the Scourge - after I read them I had to remind myself that it was about Stargate SG1 and not some other show I had never heard of since the team was mentioned for all of about 1 second when, of course, Mitchell and Daniel came up but it was almost totally devoid of anything about how the team is involved so the spoilers left me cold, once again, and not just because Carter wasn't mentioned but because they seem to have almost zero interest in getting fans excited about what the team will be doing. My bet, if there is a season 10, the team will be cammy and vala running around the galaxy stealing things, sleeping with whomever they please, trading crude sexual innuendo, or outright sexual, jokes and getting themselves, and earth, into trouble. (The mention they did have of cammy being "skeptical" and Daniel convincing him made me immediately think of O'Neill, since that was his MO a lot of the time, and inevitably it would be Daniel convincing him to go ahead. I guess TPTB cannot create a new character so they just will continue to rip off O'Neill.) Can you say sarcastic?

Comment

Hi all! Soooo glad Sam returns tonight!! Yay!!!! 7 hours and 45 minutes!!

Comment

"...I've got a little bit left to do on one of their episodes, which I'm thrilled to do 'coz I get to hang out with Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter). I'm going to get her to show me some tips. I've only met her once before and I was kind of shy to go up and talk to her because she's this hude Stargate icon and one of the best and most respected performers in the business, but when I put my hand out to shake hers she just put her arms out and welcomed me into a big hug. I was so touched by that.She immediately made me - and by association Atlantis - a real part of the Stargate family, so I'm extra excited about the whole thing."[/color]
                    That is so nice and sweet - thanks for posting it. Always gives me a good feeling to hear that actors who met and worked with Amanda admire and like her, too.
                    AD, thank you, too, for posting the part from CB's interview.
                    Gotta run, hopefully talk to y'all more a couple of hours before the BIG EVENT

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

just a couple more hours and Sam Carter is back at SGC ... to be hopefully soon the leader of SG1
                      Last edited by gatebee; 19 August 2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

That's really neat, Charlie! I've found it very hard to find articles on members of either cast talking about the other, so that's really cool. Was this article published right after Atlantis premiered, or is it more recent?

Comment

For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

VCR or TIVO or DVR set to record
                          (and for those of us who are anal, all of the above)

Other activities arranged for all family members who aren’t SG-1 fans
                          (drugged, bribed to be out of the house, stuffed in a closet, etc.)

All pets forced to take care of bodily functions before the show starts

Bathroom visit to take care of my bodily functions before the show starts

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Curtains drawn to discourage visitors

Contact numbers handy for cable/satellite dish provider in case signal is lost

Back up (naquadah)generator ready in case of power failure

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC

Comment

I had a thought...wouldn't it be cool of the Tok'ra who helped Vala was Martouf? I was just thinking it'd make for an interesting scene between her and Sam. And it could possibly really affect the - as yet non-existent - dynamic between the two characters. Hmmm...
                            What a cool idea. I hadn't thought of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              For your convenience, a checklist to provide a non-interrupted viewing of SG-1 tonight.

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lens ready in case first pair is accidentally destroyed during the show

Pepper spray at hand to discourage packs of roaming animals or teenagers who might invade your home during the show

Feel free to add anything that I’ve forgotten or which might be relevant to your home.

NC
                              LOL!

I have a bottle of champagne chilling... (If my Stargate watching buddies don't show up - and I haven't heard from any of them yet- I should be fairly toasted by the time BSG rolls around. )

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

Phone off the hook

Cell phone turned off

Doorbell disconnected

NC
                                ROFL

I thought I was the only nut who did these things, unfortunately, MY DVR is still NOT working!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! May the cable man develop hives in his crotch!

Sorry.......
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X