Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Kat, love your lyrics. I think they will replace the tune that's been in my head for the last several days.

So, in the spirit of the day and the upcoming event...

love the songs ... keeping me now on ends ... can't wait for tomorrow ...aaahhhh

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

There she was just a-walkin' down the street,
      singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
      Totin' a P-90 and shufflin' her feet,

She looks good (looks good),

she looks great (looks great)
      She looks good, she looks great,

most of us can hardly wait.
      another great tune to pass the hours...thank you

Comment

GreatLyrics ForeverSG1! Much needed giggle

Comment

There she was just a-walkin' down the street,
          Totin' a P-90 and shufflin' her feet,

She looks good (looks good),

she looks great (looks great)
          She looks good, she looks great,

most of us can hardly wait.
          Originally posted by SamFan31
          Kat, love your lyrics. I think they will replace the tune that's been in my head for the last several days.

So, in the spirit of the day and the upcoming event...

Hello Sammy
          (sung to tune of Hello Dolly)

Hello, Sammy,
          Well, hello, Sammy
          it’s so nice to have you back where you belong

You're lookin' swell, Sammy
          I can tell, Sammy

you’re still glowin’, you’re still showin’
          that you’re goin’ strong.

I see the guys smilin’
          while the gate’s dialin’.
          They’re all happy to have you back upon the team

So… grab her gun, fellas
          Let's get the Ori on the run, fellas
          Sammy will never go away
          I don’t think I can wait another day
          I hope she will never go away again
          Wonderful jobs Forever and SamFan!

Comment

Hi!!!! I miss y'all!

Did you know that Sam is back tomorrow???????
            Of course you did!

The place where I work has basically been under siege by one particular reporter for over two weeks! It's eating my time (even after hours), and wearing me out! I hope it's about over, but who knows.....

Anyway, I've been trying to catch up on posts. So many good discussions! So much snarky behavior!
            Don't ya just love Samanda??????

Before I go, I just wanted to compliment ForeverSG1 and SamFan31 for their new art! Forever, I love the new siggy too! And ChopinGal, I love the big ballroom and the new odes! Sign me up!

I'd also like to say congratulations to Über for her nomination!

And:
            Congratulations, ÜberSG-1Fan, on 1,800 posts!
            Congratulations, ChopinGal, on 1,400 posts!
            Welcome, WhatFateAlmondRoca!

(Can I just call you WFAR?)

Comment

hey everyone

just a quick check in

i've left las vegas and drove across utah, arizona and colorado and are now in durango colorado.
              we went to see 4 corners (the only place in the us where you can literally stand in 4 states at once) and then mesa verde, a place where ancient indians built thier homes up on cliffs.....1000+ years ago and are still standing

tomorrow it's towards denver and we hope to go through colorado springs, where our royal queen works by the way and then it's across nebraska towards omaha then topeka and home

i just hope that we find a hotel that has scifi tomorrow night...or i'm gonna be at the mercy of a vcr that i haven't checked in 2 weeks to see beach head

miss y'all and hope to be back soon
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've been to Four Corners! It was kinda neat! Don't be surprised if you have a hard time breathing once you get into the higher elevations. Hubby and I went out there for a professional meeting about 4 years ago, and we were shocked at how much our lungs felt compromised. Take three steps, breathe! We felt better when we saw that the teens were affected in the same way. I guess it comes from living in the "flatlands."

But we still had a great time.....and I bet you will too! Beautiful part of the country!!!!!

Comment

Hey Deepspace, are you having any trouble navigating/finding the extras on your dvd's? Coz mine are driving me bonkers!
                  Anyway, finally saw 'Prometheus Unbound' for the first time...and OMG I spent ten minutes blue jello off my couch after hearing

[spoilers] (sorry, dont know how to put in spoiler tags!)

Vala (dressed as a supersoldier) tell Daniel he's cute!!!) LOL Other thoughts - it was kinda trashy, but a big cutsie awwwwww for Walter when he wishes Hammond 'Godspeed.' I love Walter - when Hammond told Jack he was taking him on the Prometheus I had this image of Jack yelling "NO! Not Walter!!!" as Daniel went dancing down the hallway whooping for joy! And hehe I love Novak! She's cool!

I had a thought...wouldn't it be cool of the Tok'ra who helped Vala was Martouf? I was just thinking it'd make for an interesting scene between her and Sam. And it could possibly really affect the - as yet non-existent - dynamic between the two characters. Hmmm...
                  Royal Page of Samanda
                  "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                    Hey Deepspace, are you having any trouble navigating/finding the extras on your dvd's? Coz mine are driving me bonkers!
                    Anyway, finally saw 'Prometheus Unbound' for the first time...and OMG I spent ten minutes blue jello off my couch after hearing

[spoilers] (sorry, dont know how to put in spoiler tags!)
                    You had half the spoiler tag there If you had of put a [ /spoilers] (without the space ) after the spoiler text it would have worked

The navigation's not too bad on teh DVD's. Tho that annoying promo that plays at the start is lame. 'Yes lets advertise the Stargate DVD's - On the DVD's that you already bought'! Anyway, just press the root menu, or title button on your remote and it should skip it and go straight to the main menu.

Comment

To post spoilers, all you have to do is start with the opening tag:

[spoilers]

Then you type the spoilery text and then close it with..

[/spoilers]

...and that way the text you enter between those two tags will be hidden from view!

SEE? No biggie...

Last edited by Uber; 18 August 2005, 08:07 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow. OK, so the week totally flies by when SG-1 is on, does anyone else realize that? Sure, Monday and Tuesday are a bit slow, but when Wednesday rolls around.... Smoooth sailing.

So Old Man Agent... Got anymore stories to tell?!?!

Comment

Psst... This is my 1300th post...

And I wanted it to be on this thread.

Oh yeah. And Sam comes back in approximately 18 hours!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Well then young lassy, gather around for another story...

'The Last Day of Teal'c' follows Chris Judge around on the final day of shooting on Moebius. If Stargate hadn't of come back for its 9th season, it would have been his last day of work on Stargate
                            Much swearing and hilarity ensured for the scene where AU Teal'c brings Geek!Daniel before AU Apophis.

'Convention Experience with Chris Judge' is from the same con that Amanda and Michael did. He recalled how he promised not to swear so much (since there were kids in the audience) and if he did say another naughty word he'd give every kid $2, figuring that since there weren't that many kids - what the hell?
                            So 30seconds later, he lets one go, and there's this big cheer from the crowd. And he's like 'Ok Ok, I promised, come up the front kids and I'll give you 2 bucks'. And about 30 kids run up the front and he's like ''. Didn't have enough money on him, so he needed someone to run out and exchange a $100 note

'Airforce Experience with RDA' is about how RDA got invited to the Air Force's black tie dinner, where they presented him with an award for his contribution to the image of the Air Force. And he talks about his humbled surprise when they also presented him with General Star's, making him an honorary Brigadier General
                            Also talks about his tour of the Pentagon, and Walter Reed Hospital where he visted some of the troops that had served in Iraq and Afghanistan that were injured.

'Making of Stargate Alliance' is a look at the Aussie Dev's who are making the Stargate game (which is in a bit of turmoil atm...). Its pretty interesting if you're a gamer
                            And, hahahaha, they had some footage of the cast doing the face scans (RDA, AT, MS and CJ). They basically have to do a couple of expressions (happy, frowning, neutral, teethy smile) for the animators to work with. Amanda doing the big teethy grin is hilarious

Director's Series for Moebius - PDL is a complete and utter fool. But a very, very, very funny one He talks about the 'Triangle of Doom' - which has to do about the little corridor that leads to the Catering Room (for coffee and snacks) the Sound Stages and the Restrooms. Involved PDL explaining the mens toilets
                            RDA trying on various headgear for their Egyption robes, and PDL wanting one that was less funny, which RDA was against
                            PDL trying to run through a rehearsal with a kid for one of the scenes

Director's Series for Reckoning had Amanda showing off her RepliCarter stabbing arm And a rehearsal of the opening scene (where RepliCarter goes on a killing spree )

And of course, there's the two lowdowns that Sci-Fi did for season 8: From Stargate to Atlantis, and Behind the Stargate: Secrets Revealed.
                            Dunno if you've seen them before, but full of funny stuff. "Carter is Hot!"

Comment

Ooo, just noticed in the Claudia Black interview at Gateworld she had something nice to say about Amanda!

Originally posted by Claudia Black, about appearing in the first 5 episodes
                              And, obviously, it came about because Amanda has something very exciting going on in her personal life. And we were able to oblige and make that work.
                              Not much, but considering the complete lack of a mention of Carter in the spoilers for The Scourge, I'll take what I can get

How long now???

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Congrats on 1300 posts, dancer!!!

Geek!On!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X