Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikkirose
    You're kidding right?

I don't know Nikki ..I'm just asking ..I'm a bit out of touch with Stargate season 9 at the moment .I read Amanda 's interview though and I did not like to read one part of it ..The rest was great

Power to Sam and Amanda

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      I don't know Nikki ..I'm just asking ..I'm a bit out of touch with Stargate season 9 at the moment .I read Amanda 's interview though and I did not like to read one part of it ..The rest was great

Power to Sam and Amanda

Caty
      Well in answer to your question, its because AT is back. Cause for the life of me I cant remember what in the world the episode is about. Just that AT is finally back. Yippee!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
        Hi, all:

I finally decided to check out this thread. You all seem like quite a family here. With respect to Sam haters: its my humble opinion that the irrational will never win, and it takes an irrational person to hate Sam, so there. Er, I mean, with all due respect yadda etc. et al!!!
        Welcome to Samanda!

Kindness reigns here...that's our motto.

We love the Carter character and appreciate the actress...and speak no ill of others (well we try).

I am the official Royal Pain in the Mik'ta...and if you'll stick around you'll find out why...

But please feel free to join in and have fun!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          Yippee! Not only is Sam back this week, but the new Stargate SG-1 Official Magazine came in the mail today and has an interview with Amanda!

Here are the pictures from the article, and I'm including the interview, so you don't have to blow up the pictures to read it if you don't want to. The interview is written by Allan Bellamy...... It was just at the end of yesterday I thought, "Oh yes, I'm back. I'm back on the team -I get it..." But it took a few days to get back into the groove, and I really did feel like an outsider walking onto the set. It was weird, because I've been on the show for so long, but I felt really nervous.

Is that new approach in some ways good for the overall creativity?

Oh yeah. And I think it totally works in terms of what's happening with the character [of Carter], that she's been away doing research and development and is now coming back to the SGC. Suddenly she’s not on SG-1, so that's got to be weird. That was something that didn't even dawn on me. Yesterday we were wearing our jackets, and I looked down and my patch said 'SGC' not 'SG-1'. Ben Browder had the SG-1 patch and I didn't. It was really weird [laughs]. I was like, "Crap! I'm not part of SG-1 ! Oh my God!" It was really funny -one of the guest stars caught me doing it and he just burst out laughing and said, "The look on your face -you were so disappointed that you didn't have the SG-1 badge," and I was. Totally! It was weird. Carter will be on SG.1 -it's just for this episode (Beachhead) that she's not.

NC
          Thanks for posting this! I love the Carter & Co & her reaction to no SG1 patch. Another reason to love our Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Power to Sam and Amanda

Caty
            We're just anxious Caty...after this massive void on the show it's great to know that Sam's back on Friday.

See you know I'm a shipper...but without Jack around and with promised ambiguity this season, it just seemed logical for me to glom onto another part of fandom...and Carter's it for me (there was certainly no danger of it being for Daniel, who's not my favorite character *Mary Beth chokes on massive understatement*)...

I have no problem with what she said. Some fans did think that her Jack issues weakened her. My perspective was that if that's all we ever saw of her...her dealing with her feelings all the time, then sure after awhile she would appear weaker and less decisive than she really is. I however think it was necessary for her to go through that process so she could figure out what she wants for her life. And as a Sam/Jack shipper, I'm glad she chose Jack.

Now there are many here who aren't Sam/Jack shippers...or they ship Sam with someone else or no one at all. But our connection is that we all want Sam to be happy...we have differing ideas as to what that means. It's all good here...

As for me...I want her to end up with Jack in the end...I'm patient enough to wait (more)...but I for one am looking for Sam to show her stuff and kick massive butt this year. Up that body count, Samantha!!!

We hope you come around more often though...the more the merrier in Samanda!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              the thing that bothers me more about sam-centric fics are when she's portrayed as weak and whiney. that applies to ship fics too.

if the show ever *shows* sam and jack together as a couple, i'd like it to be like the sam/pete romance in the first half of s7's chimera. before pete went selfish, their 'romance' was endearing and nice (which is why it broke my heart in many, many, many pieces). and it felt in character to sam. now, the second half...

sally
              I agree with how Pete and Sam started--then it went off a cliff by the end of the episode. I also agree with you about the fan fics. I have been reading a bunch this summer and few that set up "ships" seem to get the characters at all *in character.* I read a Sam bashy one that blamed her for "getting Janet killed."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                ON VALA & SAM: This has been said a billion times before, but TPTB would be REALLY remiss in NOT writing a scene for these two brilliant women. Honestly. I've said it before, but Weir and Teyla get zip together - and I consider them equals (disagree with me, if you must ) - because they really do take a backseat to McKay and Sheppard. Anywho, if Vala and Sam, two clearly dominant female characters, don't get at least ONE scene together, I'll definitely come whimpering Saturday morning.
                Can't rep you again for another great post. I love what you say about Weir and Teyla--I also wish they got more scenes together. Weir could probably have a great heart to heart with T about the pressures of being a leader, etc.

I am really hoping they have written a good scene between Sam & Vala.
                How many hours is it now til AMANDA RETURNS? I can tell you I'll be triple checking my VCR after the taping mixup a couple of weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Welcome to Samanda!

Kindness reigns here...that's our motto.

We love the Carter character and appreciate the actress...and speak no ill of others (well we try).

I am the official Royal Pain in the Mik'ta...and if you'll stick around you'll find out why...

But please feel free to join in and have fun!

Uber, you are not a pain in the mik'ta.....are you????

And yes, SAM is coming back! (jumps for joy!) But I didn't get my magazine today, just a letter in French (yep, French) telling me it was time to renew my subscription. Good thing I read French. LOL

And Hi Almond! (waves) You'll love this thread.....the people are nicer here than any other thread, just watch out for falling blue jello.

Sorry, I haven't been around, but I think lack of Sam on SG-1 really affected me. Also, have some RL issues to deal with, so I've been posting mainly silliness.....

But in just a few days, our queen willl return, to reclaim her rightful place. (smiles)

Hic Comitas Regit
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Uber, you are not a pain in the mik'ta.....are you????

And yes, SAM is coming back! (jumps for joy!) But I didn't get my magazine today, just a letter in French (yep, French) telling me it was time to renew my subscription. Good thing I read French. LOL

And Hi Almond! (waves) You'll love this thread.....the people are nicer here than any other thread, just watch out for falling blue jello.

Sorry, I haven't been around, but I think lack of Sam on SG-1 really affected me. Also, have some RL issues to deal with, so I've been posting mainly silliness.....

But in just a few days, our queen willl return, to reclaim her rightful place. (smiles)

Hic Comitas Regit
                    Ladies and Gentlemen...boys and girls...MY FELLOW SAMANDANS...

Welcome to my 1,800th post on the GW FORUM!!!

As for me being a pain in the mik'ta, ask around...I do believe I medal in the sport of irritating others here...

Sam's coming back soon! Hang on to yer hats everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I've got a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge.

chocdoc: don't let the Sam-slammers get you down. They're a rabid minority, and as Skydiver is frequently pointing out, they'd gripe if Sam took too long to die. Lurking on another thread, I read a post by one that complained Sam had taken up too much time in her appearance in Avalon. I just had to laugh. I think it's safe to assume that TPTB recognize that these folks are whacko.

Thanks, Strix varia, and to so many of you who provided such sound advice! I appreciate it!! I usually don't let this small minority get to me. Knowing that they decided to post (and post alot) on the new MGM forum, even though they are mainly on another forum, is what bothered me. It feels like an agenda on their part to me----fortunately your thoughtful comments have given me the perspective I needed and what this is about. And we certainly can and do appreciate Sam without having to slam other characters. What's the point of it?!

And as Dani76 put so well, it is good that AT and Sam have so many fans---they are well appreciated!! And I'm glad about this because AT has put in so much of herself, her life, and her time into this character. And I appreciate her now even more with Olivia---juggling being a new mom and continuing to portray one of the best characters ever!!
                      Last edited by chocdoc; 16 August 2005, 05:17 PM.

Comment

just a random flyby posting

we're leaving vegas in the morning and heading off to teh four corners area....lots of driving. and, gak, i'm not sure where i'll be friday night and if i'll be able to see amanda!!!!!!!!

ugg, hoping for the best

i hope you guys are all having fun and being good and, hopefully, i'll be able to check in later in the week
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Can't rep you again for another great post. I love what you say about Weir and Teyla--I also wish they got more scenes together. Weir could probably have a great heart to heart with T about the pressures of being a leader, etc.

I am really hoping they have written a good scene between Sam & Vala.
                          How many hours is it now til AMANDA RETURNS? I can tell you I'll be triple checking my VCR after the taping mixup a couple of weeks back.
                          Not that I'm keeping track or anything, but her return will happen in APPROXIMATELY 70 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds...give or take...

Comment

(((((((( NC )))))))) thanks for that interview.... I too love the "Carter and Co." on her trailer door. So sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

Don't miss our next issue (#7), featuring a longer interview with Amanda Tapping and great new pictures!

I love the Carter and Co. on her trailer!

NC

NC, Thanks so much for posting this interview!

It is really interesting to see how AT talks about the new season and how she fits in. How she was actually nervous when she first returned even though she has been on the show for eight years! It looks like this interview took place just during the first week she was back on the set. I hope it has become easier for her over the weeks, but this schedule sounds grueling. It will be interesting to see what she says in her longer interivew in issue #7 because she'll have been on the set much longer, and should have a good feel for how Sam has been written in season 9, and how her schedule feels for her and Olivia.

What interested me too was her line about, "As long as I don't become exposition girl--because that was what I was for awhile" And "She's back. So let her be back," "Let her be pro-active."

I can see where, from her point of view as an actress, she didn't just want to do the technobabble for the storylines as her main function---she wanted to play a range of emotions in a range of relationships, in a range of situations. I can see why she doesn't want to be only the exposition girl. I'm thinking she was most like exposition girl in seasons 5 and 6? And I hope the writers do let Sam be pro-active--and I wonder what she really means by this! I guess, not just doing technobabble! I wonder if AT had alot of exposition to do the day of this interview!!

And also her line about the whole Jack angst weakening her. I am not a pro or anti sam/jack shipper. My view is that the writers wrote too much angst for Sam for Jack in season 8, and it was too one-sided. Sam had too many scenes starting with Lost City and then in season 8 where she tried to start conversations with Jack and was cut off. It did make her look weak to me. NOT the fact that sam and jack have feelings for each other, but that she literally tried to talk with him several times and it seemed very uncomfortable. Or maybe I should be thinking that Jack was the one who looked weak. If the writers had written a really angsty scene for Jack in the same way to balance it out, then it might not have been so bad, but here is where the male writing staff had trouble! Now, the later scenes in threads with sam/jack revealed that jack feels deeply about her, but that was a long time coming in the season. I really don't think the character of Sam would keep coming to Jack trying to talk like she did.

Anyway, I agree with AT---and I think it's the angsty unbalanced writing for me and too much of it at the expense of science/soldier sam, not the fact that sam and jack do have feelings for each other.

Hopefully season 9 sam will get back to the balanced "pro-active" Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Not that I'm keeping track or anything, but her return will happen in APPROXIMATELY 70 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds...give or take...

Thanks for the countdown!! and congrats on 1800 (and well 2 or 3 more by now?)

Comment

Working...
                                X