No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a push back up to where she belongs.

Comment

Shock, horror Samanda is on the second page

Well I feel destined to take this opportunity to say....

Sam

I know I won't see S9 until Oct 18th but thinking of those of you who are seeing it now

only 3 days until Sam returns!!!

Just noticed that ForeverSg1 has done the page one honours!! (((ForeverSg1)))

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        chocdoc - I would not worry too much about what the anti-sam brigade has to say or where they have to say it - they have been around a long time now and I agree with Sally that TPTB and the suits are on to them and know their biased, irrational viewpoints. I posted the following a while back and figured I would post part of it again here because if we can figure these loons out TPTB and the suits can too and they hopefully take their irrational, over-the-top, unreasonable overzealousness with the proverbial grain of salt. Here it is, with some amendments to add recent happenings, hope it makes you feel a little better about the anti's:

I stopped reading the sam slammers a long time ago. I find that many (keep in mind I said many so if anyone who visits those threads reads this I did not say all), with their incredibly biased attitudes, would probably even love an entire ep of DJ sitting in the woods talking to an alien (oh wait there was an ep like that and they did love it). My take on most of the sam slammer contingent is that it does not matter one whit what Daniel is doing, he could be sitting on his thumbs for all they care, and they would rate it one of the best eps ever, as long as it had no Carter in it, and if Carter were in it then it would be great as opposed to one of the greatest ever and they would spend a good deal of their time slamming Carter for whatever she did, whether she saves the world or makes a mistake, or just shows up for 2 minutes on a videophone, in their eyes it is all the same with Carter - bad and worthy of wishing the character dead, court-martialed or off the show.

The extremists have lost the ability to reason and to be rational, they have lost complete credibility, IMO, and they have lost the ability to see the show for what it is. This is borne out in their compelte disregard for the mistakes that Daniel has made thus far in S9, not the least of which is continuing to harbor an unworthy, self aggrandizing thief such as vala, plus he and vala were the cause of the death of the 2 people in whatever that recent ep was I already cannot remember the name of and he showed absolutley no remorse (vala I can understand - she has no redeeming qualities - but Daniel, what happened to the real Daniel?) If the Daniel eps were Carter eps and Carter had taken up with vala, or a vala type character, and done some of the things Daniel has done you can bet your sweet bippy they would be saying that it was wrong and they should court martial Carter for this, that and the other thing - but ooooh it's Daniel, their sweet boobala, and he can do no wrong - my God they need to grow up don't they? (The good news is that TPTB seem to be honing in on bringing Daniel down this season with idiotic behaviour and nonsensical plots and bad writing so maybe they will leave Carter alone - they tagged her with plenty of bad writing and bad story lines for the past season and a half, hopefully we get the Carter back that so many have posted they want to see again.)

TPTB, and the suits, are not dumb and they have been in this business a long time, I am sure they have also realized the same thing about the brigade and are able to differentiate between the extremists and the fans that are able to be rational when discussing this show. These are, after all, some of the very same people that TPTB inferred have sent death threats to the studios - IMO, the anti-sam brigade are just non-entities that deserve nothing more than to be ignored. I think it would speak wonders if they are completley ignored and no one challenges them at all as that tells the tale that they, and their antics of hate and vitriol, are not worth anyone else's time. As the saying goes, don't dignify their comments with a response. IMO, with their behaviour they do more to damage their cause than they do to help their cause. Finally, Daniel left after S5 and S6 did just fine and lo and behold even got renewed without his glorious presence to save the show. To me this just indicates that the anti brigade is very small and there are not enough of them to make a dent one way or the other and I am sure TPTB have that figured out too.
        I LOVE both Sam & Danny. They're my 2 fav characters on the show. I don't understand why you have to hate one to love the other. (Hides in a corner after voicing opinion. JK.)

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Nah !
          For behind the scenes stuff :

France> Australia > US

Isn't it true Über ?
          This is not fair! Not fair! I want the extra DVD stuff. Starts weeping and hides in a corner, but feels better at the thought of seeing Sam in 3 days.

Comment

IS IT FRIDAY YET???
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
              This is not fair! Not fair! I want the extra DVD stuff. Starts weeping and hides in a corner, but feels better at the thought of seeing Sam in 3 days.
              I agree...

Which is why I ordered the Season 8 DVDs from Australia...

I get it faster and chances are with more extras...

I'm going to see if I can get other seasons from either R2 or R4 because their extras are just better...and I have a neato region free player on my computer so I can play everything!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                Shock, horror Samanda is on the second page

Well I feel destined to take this opportunity to say....

Sam

I know I won't see S9 until Oct 18th but thinking of those of you who are seeing it now
                only 3 days until Sam returns!!!
                Sorry you have to wait so long to see Sam. Hugs Billie. I think I'd loose it. Wait! Too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I agree...

Which is why I ordered the Season 8 DVDs from Australia...

I get it faster and chances are with more extras...

I'm going to see if I can get other seasons from either R2 or R4 because their extras are just better...and I have a neato region free player on my computer so I can play everything!
                  That's a great idea. Unfortunately, on my student budget, I can only afford to rent them from netflix. Starts crying again and runs home to watch Sam on DVD from Season 2. (I only started watching in season 8, so I'm backtracking.)

Comment

Yippee! Not only is Sam back this week, but the new Stargate SG-1 Official Magazine came in the mail today and has an interview with Amanda!

Here are the pictures from the article, and I'm including the interview, so you don't have to blow up the pictures to read it if you don't want to. The interview is written by Allan Bellamy.

Having taken just six weeks off after the birth of her baby girl Olivia, Amanda Tapping returned to work for the filming of episode six, Beachhead. It’s a brave woman who can return to work so swiftly, after becoming a mother – but then, the actress has never shrunk from a challenge. Here, interviewed during her first week back on set and setting in the trailer that is now proudly marked ‘Carter and Co.’, Tapping reveals to Stargate SG-1 The Official Magazine just how she is finding it to be back in Carter’s shoes this year.

You’ve literally only started back on set in the past three days. How has it been so far?

Yesterday was difficult. It’s just a difficult adjustment to make in that you’re home with a baby and then suddenly [you’re at work]. Look at all the stuff you have to bring! Your mind is in two decidedly different places. I am incredibly lucky that six weeks after giving birth I can bring my baby with me and that I have a great nanny that she likes. I know that a lot of women have to leave their babies at home or in childcare and can’t have them with them all day, so I feel lucky that way. But it’s just long hours, and yesterday I had a ton of dialog. I couldn’t get off set and she was hungry – so it’s a lot of work because your mind is in two different places. I knew it would be hard, but yesterday was just insane. It was my first full-length day, really. It’s going to take a while, but it’s good. It’s good to be back. It’s a different show – it feels different this year.

Usually it's you welcoming new people to the set, but this time it's you that has started after everyone else -has it been strange for you, coming into a situation where everyone else has been working together?

I'm the new kid on the block! It's really weird, because they've been together now for two months, and it took a couple of days for me to get back in the groove. It's like being on the chess club and hanging out with all the football players... they're all cool and they've got their group together. But Beau (Bridges) is a sweetheart, Ben's great -Claudia's great and I wish she was staying! And you know, Michael and Chris and I -we've known each other for nine years so that's easy. But it has been an adjustment. It was just at the end of yesterday I thought, "Oh yes, I'm back. I'm back on the team -I get it..." But it took a few days to get back into the groove, and I really did feel like an outsider walking onto the set. It was weird, because I've been on the show for so long, but I felt really nervous.

Is that new approach in some ways good for the overall creativity?

Oh yeah. And I think it totally works in terms of what's happening with the character [of Carter], that she's been away doing research and development and is now coming back to the SGC. Suddenly she’s not on SG-1, so that's got to be weird. That was something that didn't even dawn on me. Yesterday we were wearing our jackets, and I looked down and my patch said 'SGC' not 'SG-1'. Ben Browder had the SG-1 patch and I didn't. It was really weird [laughs]. I was like, "Crap! I'm not part of SG-1 ! Oh my God!" It was really funny -one of the guest stars caught me doing it and he just burst out laughing and said, "The look on your face -you were so disappointed that you didn't have the SG-1 badge," and I was. Totally! It was weird. Carter will be on SG.1 -it's just for this episode (Beachhead) that she's not.

How has Carter changed this year?

It's not dissimilar to what's happening to Amanda, actually. She left because Cassie was having some trouble and she needed to be with her. The whole backstory is that after Janet's death, Sam really takes over making sure Cassie is on the right track, because Sam has always been very much involved in Cassandra's life. Cassie's having a hard time so Sam goes, "Alright, I need to be with her and I need to help her out." So Carter starts doing research and development at Area 51 and working on projects as part of the SGC and not going off-world. So it's not dissimilar to me having a baby and bringing out this whole nurturing side and then coming back to work. She's got back to the SGC and is trying to fit in. She doesn't want to commit to being a part of SG-1 and is sort of "yeah, I'll help you out with this little problem", but it feels weird for her in the same way that it feels weird for Amanda to come back and go, "Oh, hello!"

What do you want to see happening for the character during season nine?

I just feel like the strength of this character and the joy of playing this character is the fact that she's a strong, capable, smart and powerful woman. I love the fact that there are so many sides to her -I loved the Pete side, because I loved working with David Deluise, and the whole 'Jack and Sam' thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at other times. We were exploring all the different sides of her, which was great. Now we know that she's capable of love and she's capable of hurt and all these things to do with her heart and soul. We know all that, so now lets get back to what made her the character that she is! So I think it will be interesting. As long as I don't become exposition girl -because that's what I was for a while. It was like, "Okay, we need to explain what's going on and I'm going to tell you scientifically." [Laughs] I want to have a pro-active role on the team. She's back, so let her be back. Let her be pro-active. We know enough about her backstory now. It's there, it's settled. We don't have to show her breaking up with her boyfriend and making eggs in the morning. It's time to go back to the old Carter. I was starting to feel a bit that the whole angst over Jack was weakening her, and I think the fans were finding that too. We're going to go back to what SG-1 was about, with a new vigor.

Don't miss our next issue (#7), featuring a longer interview with Amanda Tapping and great new pictures!

I love the Carter and Co. on her trailer!

NC

Comment

((( NC ))) !!

Thanks so much for taking the time to type up this article for us. I really enjoyed reading it. Loved "Carter and Co." Also got a kick out of AT's comment...

'I was like, "Crap! I'm not part of SG-1 ! Oh my God!" It was really funny -one of the guest stars caught me doing it and he just burst out laughing and said, "The look on your face -you were so disappointed that you didn't have the SG-1 badge," and I was. Totally! It was weird. Carter will be on SG.1 -it's just for this episode (Beachhead) that she's not.'

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi, all:

I finally decided to check out this thread. You all seem like quite a family here. With respect to Sam haters: its my humble opinion that the irrational will never win, and it takes an irrational person to hate Sam, so there. Er, I mean, with all due respect yadda etc. et al!!!
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                          IS IT FRIDAY YET???
                          This kinda feels like waiting for your birthday, waiting for July 4th, waiting for Xmas (or your December holiday of choice) when you're 6 years old - it's interminable.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            This kinda feels like waiting for your birthday, waiting for July 4th, waiting for Xmas (or your December holiday of choice) when you're 6 years old - it's interminable.
                            I agree ! We should have made an advent calendar with lots of pictures of Sam. Best way I know to wait for Christmas ! Erm, I mean Beachhead.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

What is so interesting in Beach head again ??? is it because Sam is returning or we know something else ?!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                What is so interesting in Beach head again ??? is it because Sam is returning or we know something else ?!!!!

Caty
                                You're kidding right?

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X