Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Love it! So clever! Ok, I recognize CG and Strix, but who is behind the car (right behind Jack)? Could that be you, SamFan31?
    Nope, not me. That's majorsal, finding a location near RDA.

Comment

Dear Samandans I need your help !

Über, yes, Über as Royal Pain in the Mick'ta, made me read "shippy" fanfic !
      "Her" shippy fanfic actually !
      I don't know if I'm going to recover but I liked it.

OK, let's try again, it didn't hurt so much the first time.

I liked it !

Well, apart from the really, really, really over the top shippy scene of the beginning, that was wonderful with a lot of Sam kicking ass ! Yeah !

Über, you're the best ! pain in the mick'ta
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

4 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          I am a shipper, but I have to say that everything you mention in your post also applies to me when I read fic. Much as I love to read about Sam and Jack getting together, I want it to remain in character. The 'lovey-dovey' stuff just seems so out of character to me, that I also hit the big red X.
          the thing that bothers me more about sam-centric fics are when she's portrayed as weak and whiney. that applies to ship fics too.

if the show ever *shows* sam and jack together as a couple, i'd like it to be like the sam/pete romance in the first half of s7's chimera. before pete went selfish, their 'romance' was endearing and nice (which is why it broke my heart in many, many, many pieces). and it felt in character to sam. now, the second half...

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Aloha...

I'm know this is off topic but I'll come up with something witty and on topic later but...

I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!
            Congrats on going to University!! I know you are ecstatic and we are all happy for you!!

Comment

Aloha...

I'm know this is off topic but I'll come up with something witty and on topic later but...

YAY!!!!!!!!
              CONGRATULATIONS, sueKay, I knew you would find a way!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                Dear Samandans I need your help !

Über, yes, Über as Royal Pain in the Mick'ta, made me read "shippy" fanfic !
                "Her" shippy fanfic actually !
                I don't know if I'm going to recover but I liked it.

OK, let's try again, it didn't hurt so much the first time.

I liked it !

Well, apart from the really, really, really over the top shippy scene of the beginning, that was wonderful with a lot of Sam kicking ass ! Yeah !

Über, you're the best ! pain in the mick'ta
                One word: link?

Comment

Aloha...

YAY!!!!!!!!
                  Good for you, sueKay! Major in stargate technology? Teasing. Congrats, nice to know someone's hard work paid off!

Just sayin'.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Love it! So clever! Ok, I recognize CG and Strix, but who is behind the car (right behind Jack)? Could that be you, SamFan31?
                    Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Nope, not me. That's majorsal, finding a location near RDA.
                    Oooooh! I should have known majorsal would be as close to RDA as she could get! Now we know what Sally looks like! Cool!
                    Originally posted by Dani76
                    I will miss Jacob dearly - his death has taken away one of the special relationships that I enjoyed on Stargate and I am still hopeful that, maybe, we'll get to see him again, even if it is just in flashbacks.

Well, I guess, I can't really put into words what I want to say, so here are my thoughts expressed in a picture.

P.S. I guess I am little late on the topic, so I hope nobody minds me posting it 3 pages later.
                    And a beautiful picture it is! Thanks for sharing it! By the way, I can't remember the article (maybe it's the same one), but sometime in the spring, I read that Jacob would be back.....in some way or another.....because AT wanted him back.
                    Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    But not all shippers like the sugary sweetness. I like S/J ship in the show and in fanfic. But I like it when it’s more canon-based, true to the characters as they’ve come across the screen. Which in my POV wouldn't be over the top sugary sweet syrupiness or actions the characters wouldn't take in the show… (not unless there was something *really* weird in the SGC water supply that day! ). (But I understand artistic license - to each his/her own....) For me it’s more the tender and caring actions, more mature and more protective, and… it’s also more testing and pushing and pulling since they are two very different people who’ve repressed their feelings for each other for years… In fact that “honey/sweetie/babe/baby” that you mentioned - as a fanfic writer they’d seem more Pete-like to me than Jack-like. For Jack I can see still see him calling her Carter, Sam, and Samantha… with a zillion inflections depending on the situation… Yep. Sammy is all Jacob’s.
                    I absolutely agree! Nothing is worse than writing that has the wrong character point of view. I've seen many a good story idea wasted that way. But I've found even more that are excellent, and very true to character.

And finally, now that I'm back from the worst frallin' (*pardon BSG ref*) weekend I've had in eons, where is everyone?? I want to play! Is everyone watching Stargate Monday on Skiffy? You're talented people.....you can multi-task!

Comment

Aloha...

YAY!!!!!!!!
                      Congrats! Have fun!

Classes start tomorrow. Frak.

[hides under bed]

Don't. Wanna. Go.

Comment

Wow! There have been many milestones here in the past few days!

Congratulations, ShimmeringStar, on 3,000 posts!
                        Congratulations, Lida, on 2,000 posts!
                        Congratulations, Astrogeologist, on 1,800 posts!
                        Congratulations, Tok'ra Hostess, on 1,000 posts!
                        Congratulations, golfbooy, on 100 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          One word: link?
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

Post reviews for each mmmkay?

Alrighty then.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Round 52 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Frozen was eliminated in Round 51.

Entity, a very Sam-centric, is at #2, and is in real danger of being voted off.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...54#post4432454

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome back, Astrogeologist!
                              Congratulations, ChopinGal, on 1,400 posts!
                              Congratulations, Agent Dark, on 1,100 posts!
                              Congratulations, Lys, on 600 posts!

sueKay.....Great news about university! You were so despondent a few days ago. You must tell us how it came about! Also.....so sorry about the finger! Hope it heals quickly!

Well, you know I'm a shipper.....but I agree with you on everything else. I rewatched that preview two or three times, because I was just so glad to see Sam
                              DITTO to all the accolades above. Dedicated posters, Indeed, and fun to read. Keep rolling 'em out.

Also thanks to those who repped me; apparently I'm still chopped liver in the GW perks department so I can't reciprocate. Kindness reigns here, so true.

To weigh in on the ship discussion, I'm a Sam/Jack shipper. I've had my disagreement with the way the writers handled it, but over all I think the basic romantic undertone was there in the chemistry between the two actors. There was just the right tone, such as in PRISONERS, when upon release, Sam says, "Sir." and Jack looks back at her a moment, then nods, "Yes." And then both exit leaving us with the notion of their regret on losing the closeness they shared there. Sticky-wicky sweet? Not at all. Just two adults returning to their professional senses and keeping the tone of the show. RDA and AT worked their characters out well together.

I think I said sometime ago (on a thread far far away ) that if the writers had just given us more of the Team off duty, paling around, hoisting a couple, and some interactions with Jack and Sam, we needn't have gone the all or nothing romance stance. It took until Season 8 for us to get a peek at the two of them in easy proximity, enjoying the moment in a casual activity.

After all, we got the AU Sam/Jack huggin', twice! And Jack's foray into Stargate's Groundhog day got us another (and WE get to imagine just how naughty or nice his Sam fantasies were!). So little, yet so much (*sighs*).

And on that thread far...ok, ok, no repeats...I felt that Sam and Jack would approach their possibilities slowly, platonically. Two career officers in the tough arena of the Air Force would not lightly set their hard won positions aside. Maybe, but they would consider first. Whatever, Sam will return sans Jack, IMO, in a more confident and fired up mode ready to move.

Save more Sam romantic moments for ---SEASON 10!

Just sayin'.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

Post reviews for each mmmkay?

Alrighty then.

Coolio, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X