• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on 1400 posts, CG

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      CARTER BACK NEXT WEEK!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
      Yeee Haaa!

I can't print in color--would someone be willing to let me sign on to their Amanda birthday card?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Yeee Haaa!

I can't print in color--would someone be willing to let me sign on to their Amanda birthday card?
        I guess I missed something - so we are going to send (a) BD card(s) to Amanda?
        What's the news???

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Ok, I know this is probably not how it's going to happen, but this is how I envisioned Vala and Sam's first meeting to be.

Teal'c has just stepped through the Stargate with Mitchell standing at the bottom of the ramp awaiting his arrival. Sam is standing in the briefing room gazing down at the scene below as Daniel and Vala enter the room.

Daniel: Sam!!

Daniel walks over to Sam and gives her a hug while Vala stands back at the door trying to look inconspicuous.

Sam: (warm smile) Hey Daniel.

Daniel: (looks questioningly at Sam) They decided it was worth taking the risk?

Sam nods her head.

Daniel: I'm sorry Sam.

Sam: Yeah. Well. You know. Sam shrugs.

Daniel: We've really missed you. Mitchell hasn't stopped yammering about getting the team back together.

Sam: Really?

Daniel: You have no idea what we've been through the past few weeks.

Sam: (glancing over towards Vala) Oh, I think I have some idea.

Daniel: (lowers his voice to a low growl) I don't think I've ever met a woman so...so...manipulative, intrusive, and infuriating. Not to mention...

Sam: beautiful, intelligent and highly intriguing.

Daniel stands silently with his mouth a gape.

Sam: She really is quite smart, Daniel. Daniel looks inquisitively at Sam. I've read the reports regarding the Prometheus incident. Regardless of how annoying you may find her to be, you have to admit she's extremely resourceful.

Daniel: You're only saying that because you haven't had to work with her yet.

Sam: (grinning) Well you don't get to be a Lt. Colonel in the United States Air Force without dealing with people like Vala on occassion. I seriously doubt there is anything Vala could do or say that would get under my skin.

Vala: A trait Daniel here has yet to acquire. (smiling) Vala. Vala Malduran.

Sam: Lt. Colonel Sam Carter.

Vala: So... (looking Sam up and down) you're the brilliant astrophysicist the boys here at the SGC have been going on about.

Sam looks over towards Daniel who just shrugs.

Vala: Odd. I had pictured you to be a little more...I don't know...

Sam: ...what?

Vala: Well to be quite frank...male. Daniel never mentioned that you were a woman.

Daniel: She never asked. *looking extremely frustrated as he looks at Vala* You never asked.

Grinning, Sam steps back and watches Vala and Daniel begin to banter with one another, obviously forgetting that she is even there.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 August 2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Just thought I'd share

Note: This is the first Actor/Character one of these I've done...I normally make them for episodes or fanfics.

Be kind!

sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Just thought I'd share

Note: This is the first Actor/Character one of these I've done...I normally make them for episodes or fanfics.

Be kind!

Sue, it's lovely - a great composite! Good to see you can still manipulate the keyboard ... stay tuned!

Comment

Thanks Chopingal!!!

Thankfully...I only need to use the mouse with my graphics programs!!!!

I'm gonna post the only sketch I have of Sam online in a moment...hang on...

It's not a very good scan unfortunately!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

For those of you who don't know ...

Oh my goodness, what a zinger
                  sueKay is home with a broken finger
                  Such a blow for our fair lassie
                  With fic and blog and art so classy

Samandans hope there's not much pain
                  And she'll soon be feeling right as rain
                  Sometimes life can be unfair
                  And stop us short, quite unaware

The universe sends out its random spin
                  To slow things down and bear and grin
                  In the meantime, Jester proposes
                  A gift of lovely, fragrant roses!

sueKay, may you heal quickly!

Comment

hi guys, long time no read

umm, first of all, a little moderator note: check out the rules on photo manips, pasting stargate faces on other bodies is a no-no. the reason for the rule is that we do have actors coming here and it has been thought to be disrespectful to have them see their faces on other bodies...especially since others have done other manips that are far less tasteful and border on 'adult' in nature.

ok, now to take the mod hat off

we had a blast at the grand canyon, did way too much hiking/walking/sweating/working but the views were to die for!! i got a ton of pics. saw a condor, elk, deer, squirrels

i'm having a great time, got to watch stargate last night and had a blast! we're in vegas for a while so i can check in abit more often

hope y'all are being good and having fun
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Ok, I know this is probably not how it's going to happen, but this is how I envisioned Vala and Sam's first meeting to be.

Teal'c has just stepped through the Stargate with Mitchell standing at the bottom of the ramp awaiting his arrival. Sam is standing in the briefing room gazing down at the scene below as Daniel and Vala enter the room.

Daniel walks over to Sam and gives her a hug while Vala stands back at the door trying to look inconspicuous.

Sam nods her head.

Daniel: We've really missed you. Mitchell hasn't stopped yammering about getting the team back together.

Daniel: (lowers his voice to a low growl) I don't think I've ever met a woman so...so...manipulative, intrusive, and infuriating. Not to mention...

Sam: She really is quite smart, Daniel. Daniel looks inquisitively at Sam. I've read the reports regarding the Prometheus incident. Regardless of how annoying you may find her to be, you have to admit she's extremely resourceful.

Sam: (grinning) Well you don't get to be a Lt. Colonel in the United States Air Force without dealing with people like Vala on occassion. I seriously doubt there is anything Vala could do or say that would get under my skin.

Vala: So... (looking Sam up and down) you're the brilliant astrophysicist the boys here at the SGC have been going on about.

Vala: Well to be quite frank...male. Daniel never mentioned that you were a woman.

Daniel: She never asked. *looking extremely frustrated as he looks at Vala* You never asked.

Grinning, Sam steps back and watches Vala and Daniel begin to banter with one another, obviously forgetting that she is even there.
                      Kat, this is great - hope I can green rep you on it! Are you sure we can't send you to Vancouver and add you to the writing team?!! Wonderful exposition. See? You'll be writing your first fanfic before you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        (trying for the billionth time tonight)

SAM!

AMANDA!

i can't wait for sam/amanda to return next week!

and speaking of returning, i was just reading in the new tv guide about beach head. i was hoping they'd talk about sam, and oh boy!

Spoiler:
                        they gave beach head their own picture box summary! and guess who was shown? SAM! they showed a pic of sam from last season's ep 'end game', and in the pic, it shows sam sitting on a crate in her fake leathers, looking up unhappily at a bad guy off camera. not only was stargate highlighted, but sam/amanda's return was!here's what was said --

"in an explosive tale featuring the return of series regular amanda tapping, carter drops a bomb-shell - on the ori force field - when a jaffa civilization is menanced."

woooo hoooo!!

sally

Hey, Sally, thanks for posting this!! It is good to know that they highlighted AT's return! And thanks for the regular countdowns.

I feel like most everyone else. TPTB was for me the best episode of the season for all kinds of reasons (kudos to Martin Gero), not the least giving us a good reason why Sam returns and is needed. I feel like the season started with this episode, and I can't wait for next week!

Here's hoping that Sam's return does justice to her character! By the way, I wonder when we get to see spoiler pictures for Beach Head, for those so inclined?

Comment

I've been checking the GW pages at every opportunity. Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            For those of you who don't know ...

Oh my goodness, what a zinger
                            sueKay is home with a broken finger
                            Such a blow for our fair lassie
                            With fic and blog and art so classy

Samandans hope there's not much pain
                            And she'll soon be feeling right as rain
                            Sometimes life can be unfair
                            And stop us short, quite unaware

The universe sends out its random spin
                            To slow things down and bear and grin
                            In the meantime, Jester proposes
                            A gift of lovely, fragrant roses!

sueKay, may you heal quickly!

Aww, how sweet CG. I can't say it that nicely, but:
                            Hope you feel better soon and your finger heals fast, sueKay!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Sam nods her head.

Wow, I love it, I would like to see it go down something like that. I like the part with Vala being surprised that Sam is a woman. I can see the faces of both of them, too funny. ROFL Sorry, I got a pretty vivid imagination.
                              Great job, Forever, you should really try fanfic. Will see if I can rep you.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

CG way to go on 1400 posts!!

Father Joey and I will play a little ditty for you

Joey is th drummer for Nunsense - Last show is tonight
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X