Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    I think she looked good. Finally! An episode to look forward to. I think I'm gonna change the name of the Ori, because every time I watch them I go "Oy vey."

Bring back Samantha!
    ROTFL The "oy vey" ... gets my vote too!!

And, like Uber and Dani and NC have already mentioned ... finally, we get an episode that actually reaches a denouement and gives us a valid reason for Sam Carter to return! Yippee! I found myself actually liking this fifth show too ... it started with the usual chatter but soon moved into reminders of the Stargate of yore and even Vala seemed redeemed towards the end ... Holy Hannah, real tears?!

Still having trouble with the new doc though ... think she's playing it a little too over the top, a bit heavy handed on the angry-daughter routine. It's not endearing and she's not drawing me into her plight. We'll see ... I'm willing to cut everyone a break because Sam's right around the corner!

The "oy vey" are definitely powerful and super-threatening (I was going to write uber-threatening but if I use that word one more time without the correct dots above, some pain in the mikta may come after me! I just hope she remembers that I can't even downsize my pixels, let alone do anything more exotic and esoteric!) And the glimpses of Sam in the preview just brought it all together too. The Return of Sam ... six more days!

And, belated as it is ... it is sincere: Congrats, Uber (picture the hovering dots please) on 1700 posts - and here's to many more!!
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 August 2005, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Well only three more shows and the musical I'm playing in will be over. Thought I would share a couple of pictures I took or had taken back stage tonight.

Just finished watching tonights episode of SG-1 and I must say I enjoyed this episode. I nice change of pace with Vala. I do soooooooooooooo look forward to next weeks episode. It should be interesting seeing how Sam and Vala interact next week.
      My God ... these cuties certainly don't remind me of my grade-school years! A little makeup and a few smiles would have done wonders ....

Holy Hannah - that's it! If we get tired of the "oy vey" a Priori and a posteriOri ... we can always petition TPTB to do some kind of "nuns on the run" episode. Sam goes undercover as a nun! (Do you think I need therapy?! I'm starting to scare myself!)
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 August 2005, 05:36 AM.

Comment

For all those milestoners this past week
        Jerin, nikkirose, and Uber oh so sweet
        Here's a reward for your hard work

Maybe your many posts will help de-lurk
        the hidden fans of Sam who come and read
        but stay in the shadows and ever recede
        Come out and play if you can
        We're Sam-family friendly in our land!

Sam is coming back, we've got our wish
        Help yourselves to the candy dish!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 August 2005, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Well good golly and how jolly
          This here is my 1400th volley

Samandans must still be aslumber
          I'll just have to pitch my number

All alone on the thread
          Everyone is still in bed?!

Nothin' shy about me folks
          Here's to Jester and her jokes!

Hmm ... by myself and so forlorn
          Will have to toot my own horn!

Comment

Like MajorSal, I had trouble posting. GW didn't like me yesterday evening.

So belated but sincere Congrats Über on 1700 posts !
            See I can put the umlaut on the right place.

And Welcome back Astro !!

I hope you had a wonderful vacation and that you'll join us soon on this thread.

And LOL to all the nuns around here with or without the guns. It reminded me of my school years too.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Say Hey, ChopinGal,

Congratulations on the big 1400th post.

Wish I could put it to rhyme, but it's not in my mind.

Comment

Heya!

CONGRATS CHOPINGAL AND UBER!!!!!

Some news - I'm not going to be doing any Sam artwork in the near future as I've broken one of my fingers and can't write

I'll be doing some graphic art on my computer, so I'll post it when it's done!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

CARTER BACK NEXT WEEK!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Osiris-RA; 13 August 2005, 09:04 AM. Reason: oops, streatched screen.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Holy Hannah - that's it! If we get tired of the "oy vey" a Priori and a posteriOri ... we can always petition TPTB to do some kind of "nuns on the run" episode. Sam goes undercover as a nun! (Do you think I need therapy?! I'm starting to scare myself!)
                    ROFL!! Ooh, that reminds me of a show I saw, shoot can't remember the name, it was a british cop caper show where these guys and gals were undercover as nuns and fathers for some mobster thing - they were stealing money I think, anyway, hilarious! LOL! Sister Carter...? She can hide a zat under her habit and .. LMAO!

*falls down laughing*
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      ROFL!! Ooh, that reminds me of a show I saw, shoot can't remember the name, it was a british cop caper show where these guys and gals were undercover as nuns and fathers for some mobster thing - they were stealing money I think, anyway, hilarious! LOL! Sister Carter...? She can hide a zat under her habit and .. LMAO!

*falls down laughing*
                      Obviously, another damaged product of a Catholic education! So glad to see I'm not alone!!

And you've given me a great idea: bring in Jack as the parish priest and Daniel and Teal'c as 1speed's "Christian brothers"!

The name of the church and school? Our Mother of Perpetual Responsibility!

Comment

LOL! Truely a meaningful experience, I assume?

Jack as a preist? Daniel and T as *snurrk* rofl! Such imaginative people round these parts!

Now I'm getting flashbacks of Sister Act...why?
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

A change in the Force there is
                          Sam Carter will soon resume her duties
                          Among the interstellar scifi stars
                          Carter definitely tops the cuties

She doesn't need to flirt and play
                          Her natural beauty shines the way
                          Sam Carter's military and scientific skill
                          Far outweigh an enemy's will

So let the Orii be on guard
                          They may seem clever thus so far
                          That's because they've naught met Sam
                          She's just what's needed in a jam

For Carter can hold SGC steady
                          Her quick mind is always ready
                          To take on any alien race
                          Sam's not just another pretty face

Yes, a new team will go through the Gate
                          And that may make us hesitate
                          It's not the SG1 we knew so well
                          Jack is gone and I won't dwell ...

But, in any Galaxy and through any Gate,
                          Our Sam Carter is first-rate!!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 August 2005, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Fan-freakin'-tastic! I oughtta try my hand at this...*gulp* sometime later..
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I really liked last night's episode. Good, gripping story, with lots of suspense.
                              Spoiler:

They finally gave Vala some depth (just in time for her to leave ), something I've been hoping for. I think I will look forward to her return in the future, and I hope she'll be a recurring character.

I liked Mitchell again, and was it just me or did I see some hints of shippiness between him and the doc there at the end? That suits me just fine, it and could lead to some interesting tension between Mitchell and Landry somewhere down the line. I don't mind Mitchell and the doc flirting, particularly if it takes the attention away from any speculation about Cam and Sam falling for each other.

I think if I were Teal'c I'd try to grab one of those Ori staffs and smash it... or was that already tried in the episode I missed?

This was a good set up for Fourth Horseman, I think, showing how helpless the doc was in the face of the Ori's plague. This will make that episode arc all the more dramatic.

And next week Sam comes back! The season is definitely picking up steam for me.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Attention Samandans!

SciFi is having a poll for us to pick our 10 favorite episodes from the past 8 years. It'll air on Sept. 2nd

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/
                                Thanks for posting this here - already took care of my voting "duty"

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X