Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    1speed4Sam...does AT ski too??

If so...then I DO have something in common with her!
    Not sure if she enjoys skiing or not, but Vancouver is a very good place to live if she does.

She does enjoy kayaking from what I have read. Do you kayak?

Personally, I don't think AT and I really have much in common, other than we are both prone to accidents. However, she seems to be the bounce right back and try again type of person whereas I tend to shy away from the experience. I'll try something at least once, but I'm not a real thrill-seeking adventurer.

Motorcycles? Used to ride on them with my dad and uncle as a child. However, I slid off one that still had a hot engine when I was really small and burned my stomach pretty bad. Luckily the scar has diminished over time.

Horses? My cousins used to keep horses and we'd go riding whenever we went to visit them. One day while we were riding, a rattlesnake crossed our path and the horse freaked and bucked me off. I haven't been on one since.

However I haven't tried kayaking yet, maybe I'll give that a try one of these days.

Comment

just checking in for a minute. we finally made it to las vegas. we spent yesdarday at Arches National Partk and hiked around. got some sweet pictures. now we're spending the night at vegas, then onto the grand canyon tomorrow

i hope you guys are all having fun and being good and hopefully i'll be able to check in for longer later
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Something at the back of my memory is telling me it wasn't a REAL motorbike 1speed - though poss 1 up from Strix's moped. What is the model again?!
        I'm so going to pay for that!!!
        OK, let's get it over with...

It was a 250cc MZ (i.e. Motorradwerk Zschopau), an East German two-stroke single, from the days before the Berlin Wall came down.

So, not a real motorbike when compared to AmberMoon's rather neat Harley, or ChopperGal's dream machine, or Sam's Indian.

But not a moped, either...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          The Sam and Jonas dynamic is one of the main reasons I love season six...They're so good together in their scenes...It's obvious that Sam really likes Jonas. And her teasing and light tone with him is wonderful to watch!
          i LOVED the whole sam/jonas angle. with jack, he was her boss (or more,depending on your pov), with daniel, yes there was that big sister thing, but she was also his boss, and withe teal'c, well teal'c was very much her big brother.

but with jonas he was an equal. he was more a friend than anything else.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Not sure if she enjoys skiing or not, but Vancouver is a very good place to live if she does.

She does enjoy kayaking from what I have read. Do you kayak?

Personally, I don't think AT and I really have much in common, other than we are both prone to accidents. However, she seems to be the bounce right back and try again type of person whereas I tend to shy away from the experience. I'll try something at least once, but I'm not a real thrill-seeking adventurer.

Motorcycles? Used to ride on them with my dad and uncle as a child. However, I slid off one that still had a hot engine when I was really small and burned my stomach pretty bad. Luckily the scar has diminished over time.

Horses? My cousins used to keep horses and we'd go riding whenever we went to visit them. One day while we were riding, a rattlesnake crossed our path and the horse freaked and bucked me off. I haven't been on one since.

However I haven't tried kayaking yet, maybe I'll give that a try one of these days.
            *raises hand sheepishly again*

Er, I don't kayak, but I do own a solo Open Canoe (or *Canadian* as we refer to them over here). Note I did say *own* - I haven't actually paddled for months now, basically mountain biking took over (well, for one thing, a bike's easier to get on the roof of the car ). Suppose I should really make the effort and get back on the water...

Horses? Not quite as scary as cows, but still a bit too big for my liking!!!

Comment

We're getting more of the sibling thing with Cameron, too. It's a nice change to see her with a guy who's not hitting on her.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                We're getting more of the sibling thing with Cameron, too. It's a nice change to see her with a guy who's not hitting on her.
                Wouldn't it be nice if Cam was married? Then we wouldn't have to worry about seeing the inevitable Captain Kirk syndrome when he visits other planets, or more UST with a coworker(the doctor?) And if I'm putting together a wish list, they could have Sam and Cam actually talk about the kind of problems that being married would create, the kind Sky has mentioned before, like explaining to his wife why he left home pale and came home with a sunburn, or how tough it is to keep things secret from a spouse.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                  It would be interesting to see how the ratings go up when Sam returns.
                  You are so right when you say Amanda brings to the show an added "spark"

I loved Sam and jonas together in s6, she showed a teasing side that was fun to watch with Jonas.
                  Just got my TV Guide for next week and here is their summary of Beachhead….

“Samantha Carter rejoins SG-1 to help rid a Jaffa planet of an Ori force field using an experimental bomb – the Mark IX – but it’s detonation backfires on the team”.

This isn’t news to us but at least TV Guide is putting out the word that Sam’s returning. The more people who know the better!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Just got my TV Guide for next week and here is their summary of Beachhead….

“Samantha Carter rejoins SG-1 to help rid a Jaffa planet of an Ori force field using an experimental bomb – the Mark IX – but it’s detonation backfires on the team”.

This isn’t news to us but at least TV Guide is putting out the word that Sam’s returning. The more people who know the better!
                    Hurrah!
                    Glad to see it summarized that way!
                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i LOVED the whole sam/jonas angle. with jack, he was her boss (or more,depending on your pov), with daniel, yes there was that big sister thing, but she was also his boss, and withe teal'c, well teal'c was very much her big brother.

but with jonas he was an equal. he was more a friend than anything else.
                    I too loved Jonas. I still miss him. I've really enjoyed revisiting S6 on Skiffy in the late afternoons lately.
                    Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Well, CG did take a picture of me... in Intercourse, of course...

Very good! It's high time that one got posted! Thanks, Strix!
                    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 09 August 2005, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      just checking in for a minute. we finally made it to las vegas. we spent yesdarday at Arches National Partk and hiked around. got some sweet pictures. now we're spending the night at vegas, then onto the grand canyon tomorrow

i hope you guys are all having fun and being good and hopefully i'll be able to check in for longer later
                      I'm glad you're having a great time. *throws chip at Sky* Have a bet on me!
                      sigpic

Comment

Round 48 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Holiday was eliminated in Round 47.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...34#post4417834

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          I have been thinking about the ratings. (Thinking + Token = Dangerous )

I am happy that the ratings for SG-1 have remained steady because the show has a good chance of being renewed. I would love to have an upward spike in the ratings to show how much Amanda has been missed! However, I'm concerned there won't be any difference because of the promotion of the upcoming episodes. I noticed that the promo for Atlantis last week was all about Ronan, but the show was GREAT because of McKay. If I hadn't known what "Duet" was about, I might have skipped the episode. Look at the ratings for Friday...SG-1 remained steady, and Atlantis was down; but the poll results for SG-1 were pretty much split with "Good" & "Outstanding", and Atlantis was overwhelmingly "Outstanding". I thought that was a strange disconnect between the ratings and poll.

All that to say...I will be very interested to see how "Beachhead" is promoted.

It could make a difference how Beachhead gets promoted. How many days left???!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!

My guess is, and I could easily be way off, the ratings won't change or they may even go down for a bit, and this would have nothing to do with Carter's return.

I think the fans and general audience who like Sam/AT are probably watching the first five episodes as well to make sure that they know what is happening. And they know that she will return---she was on TV Guide, she is in the credits every week even though she isn't there, etc.... I don't see many people not watching the first few, and then start watching when Sam gets back. Even though I can't wait for Sam to return, if I had a Nielsen box, I'd make sure that it was noted that I watched SG1, even though she isn't in it because I would like it to get renewed.

The reason I think that the ratings may go slightly down actually is because for season 7 and season 8, the trend was downward for the second half of the summer season (episodes 6-10). Not every show went down, but most did, compared to the beginning of the summer and the whole winter second half. Maybe it is something about mid-aug and sept that less viewers watch, but that's what happened the last two seasons. Episodes like Lifeboat, Birthright, and Enemy Mine were quite low, compared to season 7's average, and so was Avatar, Affinity and Sacrifices, compared to season 8's average. So the ratings may actually go down, and then pick up again for the last half of the season starting January.

Again, I could be way off, but I think most people who like Sam and who like Sam/Jack watched all the episodes so far. The ratings may also go down because people have watched the first half, and don't like it, so stop watching it.

Again, though, I have no idea!! Just some thoughts.

Comment

Congrats on your posting milestone, Dani76!
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Do you all already have experience with motorbike riding ? I've never ridden a motorbike in my life. Hell, I've never been on a motorbike in my life !
                              Am I strange ?
                              I've never ridden a motorbike myself, but I have many, many years of riding horses. Next to SG1, Sam Carter and my cat Molly, riding horses is one of my favorite things.
                              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                              Hic Comitas Regit
                              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Me too! I loved the scene when the house explodes and Barrett lands on top of Sam.

What are you doing?

Sam: What are you doing?
                                Barrett: Covering you.
                                Sam: Thank you...get up.

Poor Sam, she can't help it if she is a man magnet.

LoL, I was trying to cap the picture above and when I paused the screen and got a chuckle when I saw this cap.
                                Waiting for a Kiss
                                BAHAHAHA
                                Taking pics out of context is so fun

Comment

Working...
                                X