Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tara3583
    It would be interesting to see how the ratings go up when Sam returns.
    You are so right when you say Amanda brings to the show an added "spark"

I loved Sam and jonas together in s6, she showed a teasing side that was fun to watch with Jonas.
    How much I miss that ! The fun side of Sam in season 6 was one of the highlights of this season for me. I was so disappointed when the teasing side of Sam suddenly disappeared in season 7. That was one the reasons I wanted Jonas to stay on the team. Those two worked so nicely together. And besides it can't hurt to have around someone who actually understands Sam's technobabble.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Congrats on post 100 Dani !

Comment

Do you all already have experience with motorbike riding ? I've never ridden a motorbike in my life. Hell, I've never been on a motorbike in my life !
        Am I strange ?

Comment

The Sam and Jonas dynamic is one of the main reasons I love season six...They're so good together in their scenes...It's obvious that Sam really likes Jonas. And her teasing and light tone with him is wonderful to watch!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            That is my favorite scene in the episode too. And I agree about the spark she brings.
            I also watched "Smoke and Mirrors" I just love the look she gives Barrett after he breaks in the door after she's almost done picking the lock. And she's great at the end of the episode too when they catch the bad guys.
            Me too! I loved the scene when the house explodes and Barrett lands on top of Sam.

What are you doing?

Sam: What are you doing?
            Barrett: Covering you.
            Sam: Thank you...get up.

Poor Sam, she can't help it if she is a man magnet.

LoL, I was trying to cap the picture above and when I paused the screen and got a chuckle when I saw this cap.
            Waiting for a Kiss
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 August 2005, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Ok I have possibly found a solution to the I can't post my design thing for the Amanda Contest. Anyone who wants 2 see the design; e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Me too! I loved the scene when the house explodes and Barrett lands on top of Sam.

What are you doing?

Sam: What are you doing?
                Barrett: Covering you.
                Sam: Thank you...get up.

Poor Sam, she can't help it if she is a man magnet.

LoL, I was trying to cap the picture above and when I paused the screen and got a chuckle when I saw this cap.
                Waiting for a Kiss
                LOL, too funny - Sam sure is a man magnet. Nice catch, Forever.
                BTW - the thread is rather slow lately, what's going on?? I guess, everybody is watching old eps due to serious Sam withdrawal syndromes.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  I ride a bike to work everyday!

Okay, so it's actually a scooter. A... Honda... scooter... And technically it's not even mine, but rather my partner's... and the guys at work who actually ride motorcycles laugh at me and ask when I'm going to get a real bike...

But it's FUN! And I do a happy dance whenever I fill up my one-gallon gas tank at the pumps... and it's ORANGE!
                  I am so jealous!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                  Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Do you all already have experience with motorbike riding ? I've never ridden a motorbike in my life. Hell, I've never been on a motorbike in my life !
                    Am I strange ?
                    *raises hand*

Yep, another ex-biker here. I gave it up when people I knew started having accidents, and I figured that statistically it must be my turn for a bad one soon.

And no, you're not strange. I've never been skiing, nor do I have any great desire to do so - does that make me strange?

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      LOL! Now I'm having another mental image...................

"Jack - "

"What???"

"It works better if you hold on... lower... than that."

"Oh! Like - "

"Farther up than that, and farther - forward - too!"

"Then - "

"Not there, either, Jack!"

"Ohhhh, Carter. You're - "

"Trying to drive, here, Jack."

"In motorcycle leathers, too. Ohhh, yeah."

"They'll still be leathers even if you dont put your hands all over them while I'm driving, Jack. There's a strap on the seat, hold on to that while we're moving."

"And what can I hold onto when we stop?"

"If it's a traffic light, how about your discretion?"

"Oh, Carter..."

I can so see Sam on that X2 now - Jack, however, I can see on his rump in the middle of the road, watching her bring the bike down from the wheelie that dumped him there if he isn't a well-behaved passenger!
                      This is hysterical! LOVE it, even if I'm not a big Sam/Jack fan. I like Sam/Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        greetings from grand junction colorado

I'd love to read all your fantastic posts, but the connection is so slllloooooowwwwwww that i'm afraid i'm going to have to catch up later

we drive across nebraska today, and mostly across colorado. tomorrow we're going to check out arches national park, then spend the night in moab utah before heading out to las vegas to pick up others in our party on tuesday

I hope y'all are being good and enjoying yourselves
                        Hi, Sky! Tried to give you green points, but Gateworld won't let me. Hope you're enjoying yourself. Hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                          *raises hand*

Yep, another ex-biker here. I gave it up when people I knew started having accidents, and I figured that statistically it must be my turn for a bad one soon.

And no, you're not strange. I've never been skiing, nor do I have any great desire to do so - does that make me strange?
                          Nope ! Like myself, that makes you Geek!
                          Waves to 1s4S's great pic with Hugo.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                            It would be interesting to see how the ratings go up when Sam returns.
                            You are so right when you say Amanda brings to the show an added "spark"

I loved Sam and jonas together in s6, she showed a teasing side that was fun to watch with Jonas.
                            I have been thinking about the ratings. (Thinking + Token = Dangerous )

I am happy that the ratings for SG-1 have remained steady because the show has a good chance of being renewed. I would love to have an upward spike in the ratings to show how much Amanda has been missed! However, I'm concerned there won't be any difference because of the promotion of the upcoming episodes. I noticed that the promo for Atlantis last week was all about Ronan, but the show was GREAT because of McKay. If I hadn't known what "Duet" was about, I might have skipped the episode. Look at the ratings for Friday...SG-1 remained steady, and Atlantis was down; but the poll results for SG-1 were pretty much split with "Good" & "Outstanding", and Atlantis was overwhelmingly "Outstanding". I thought that was a strange disconnect between the ratings and poll.

All that to say...I will be very interested to see how "Beachhead" is promoted.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                              *raises hand*

Something at the back of my memory is telling me it wasn't a REAL motorbike 1speed - though poss 1 up from Strix's moped. What is the model again?!
                              I'm so going to pay for that!!!

Comment

1speed4Sam...does AT ski too??

If so...then I DO have something in common with her!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X