Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    And is the brave guy who joined us crazies even though he'd never seen an episode of Stargate in his life. Now that takes courage . And I totally agree with you on the royal court giving something to talk about. I'm currently in the same position. The thread is currently filled with a lot of season9 talk, and since we don't have season9 here yet I can't discuss it. If we didn't have the royal court to talk about, there wouldn't be a lot else for me to post on at the moment. And one thing that has always made Samanda different, for me at least, is that our discussions aren't just clearcut about one particular subject, and only that subject. We all talk about the things we do, have done, our thoughts on matters other than just that of Sam/Amanda. It makes it easier to get to know people, in my opinion.
    , who has stuck with us throughout everything, despite having not watched every episode of stargate, let alone numerous times like some of us, has been quite capable of fitting in and contributing to this thread.
    Sometimes I've wondered if Uber was right to want to close this thread and start a new one. It would perhaps make it easier for newbies to join, but I also feel it would be like demolishing a house. I don't want the existing kingdom, with the people who currently post here, to end up in rubble.
    So I feel that those newbies who have joined us here, and who have stuck with it until they've figured out our history, are not only persistent but probably some of the most dedicated posters in this thread.
    Couldn't agree more.

(((((deepspace)))))

(((((Samanda)))))

Congrats on 100 posts, Dani76!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      I can just see Strix_varia and ChopinGal out in Amish country for their delightful summer day! Loved the pictures, ladies! CG, you look great with that bike! But why didn't Strix let you use the camera to take a picture of her? Better yet, wouldn't some accomodating tourist take a photo of you together?
      Well, CG did take a picture of me... in Intercourse, of course...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
        Love your wallpaper SamFan31!! You definitely have a flare for the creative!!

ps. I can't do any of the above including wallpaper so you're leaps and bounds ahead of me!!
        Billie, you took the words right out of my mouth. Great job, SamFan31!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Oh, child ... you have made my day, my week, MY YEAR!!

One day, the official matriarch of this thread may reveal her true age ... for now, though, just remember "she had fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy took her T-Bird away". This is a true statement. I learned to drive on a Thunderbird! Elvis was my poster child! I appeared on the original American Bandstand! This Philly Chick is now a Royal Hen!

But I thank you for such a lovely compliment! Strix must be ROTFLOL as she took the picture last Sunday! But her lips are sealed, aren't they, Strix?!
          Wow, CG! Sounds like you had a very interesting life. I LOVE motorcycles. An ex got me hooked on them. My sister still has a small scar from trying to ride one as a child and getting burnt by the engine. Ouch! But we still love motorcycles. You must share your stories of riding a Thunderbird and being on American Bandstand. Waits wide-eyed and holding her breath.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Okay I have been working 19 hour days since last Wednesday, between school starting back and playing a musical. I watched Fridays episode Saturday morning and was left a bit empty feeling. So today I left the school at 5:00pm and no show tonight so I decided to head home and watch some Stargate on the SciFi channels Monday night line - up. Well I get home and what is on but my personal least favorite episode of all time (the one that I usually skip on the DVDs) "Sight Unseen" was on and as I sat down I thought great first I watch a lame episode over the weekend and now it is either this or go get out a DVD. Well it was well into the episode when I turned it on - it was the part were Sam & Jonas are talking to Vernon's Grandmother - and this is one of the only scenes from this episode I like and it was so freshing to watch. Now it is pretty sad and I know that I'm really missing Sam when I can find pleasure even in "Sight Unseen". AT just brings that spark to an episode that can make even a lame episode have a high point.
            That is my favorite scene in the episode too. And I agree about the spark she brings.
            I also watched "Smoke and Mirrors" I just love the look she gives Barrett after he breaks in the door after she's almost done picking the lock. And she's great at the end of the episode too when they catch the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Well, CG did take a picture of me... in Intercourse, of course...

Guess which Samandan recieved the hat through the mail - and was ordered to wear it this weekend - and take a photo! 1speed will find himself roped into the proceedings too. ChopperGal is wicked
              Glad you both had a great time and hopefully you'll get yourself over to GABIT too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                Gotcha!!! Just watched "Urgo" for the first time, quote "I wanna live, I want to experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie!".

Sounds like a mission statement to me!!!
                Does that mean I have to make pie for tea on saturday? Mutters and goes to check out recipe books - would that be sweet or savoury?!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Guess which Samandan recieved the hat through the mail - and was ordered to wear it this weekend - and take a photo! 1speed will find himself roped into the proceedings too. ChopperGal is wicked
                  Glad you both had a great time and hopefully you'll get yourself over to GABIT too.
                  What hat would that be then? A special one to go with the restraints, maybe?

And savoury pie, please - I'm sweet enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Yup Spaz...you (and several others) talked me into it!

I'm also afraid of horses...so that's another thing Amanda and I definitely don't have in common!!!!!
                    I've never been much of a horse person myself, but not really out of fear. That kinda sport can be both expensive and intense!

Comment

My cup runneth over! Two compliments in one night! Yes, that's it! I'm too valuable to take risks ... besides, this is more my speed:

Hey! I thought that 1speed was the only person who bought that model (the bike that is)

Comment

You go, girl! (Breathes sigh of relief. This will get Coley off my back regarding Bikers!)
                        Err it will???

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                          LOL! Now I'm having another mental image...................

"Jack - "

"What???"

"It works better if you hold on... lower... than that."

"Oh! Like - "

"Farther up than that, and farther - forward - too!"

"Then - "

"Not there, either, Jack!"

"Ohhhh, Carter. You're - "

"Trying to drive, here, Jack."

"In motorcycle leathers, too. Ohhh, yeah."

"They'll still be leathers even if you dont put your hands all over them while I'm driving, Jack. There's a strap on the seat, hold on to that while we're moving."

"And what can I hold onto when we stop?"

"If it's a traffic light, how about your discretion?"

"Oh, Carter..."

.........................................................

I can so see Sam on that X2 now - Jack, however, I can see on his rump in the middle of the road, watching her bring the bike down from the wheelie that dumped him there if he isn't a well-behaved passenger!

LOL! Great fun! Sorry I'm out of green for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Hey! I thought that 1speed was the only person who bought that model (the bike that is)
                            Now, let's see... a female cyclist, riding along with her faithful hound running beside her... just who does that remind me of?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                              Well this is my baby...a 2003 883 Sportster Hugger...it's the 100th Anniversary Special...Gun Metal Pearl paint...

Now if I was Sam, it would be a difficult decision on which one to giveaway......The Indian or The Harley! Both are special bikes in their own right.

P.S. It was a retirement gift to self...after serving with the USAF for 22+ years, I needed something special...so I bought my Harley while stationed overseas in Korea.
                              Great pic! I hope you take care on it!!

Comment

Hey guys, ya remeber a few posts back from me, where I told ya about an Amanda Tapping Contest? more info on: www.amandatapping.com . For the Contest I also made a design, but It's 2 big to fit it in as an attachment, and I couldn't post it directly via this reply. So, what I'm gonna do is, I try to show ya my design for the contest via this window, and if it doesn't work, maybe I should ask someone's e-mail adress. Cause in my design I said something about this group, and before I send it to the site, I want to know if you approve my design. And if that doesn't work I try to put it somewhere else and try to make a link to there OK?

In the meanwhile, here's another pic of our Queen:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X