No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new thread was opened by Lol4Jack-"Apophis/Peter Williams Appreciation and Thunk Thread. Please visit-Peter proved that he is very kind and wonderful guy who is loyal to his fans. We just want to prove to him, that his character Apophis, is the bad guy who everyone loves to hate and hard to forget. So if you have a moment, please post a Apophis hate/love moment. Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      I was reading through all 8 pages of the episode thread for The Ties that Bind and I was pleasantly surprised to see that we’re not the only ones who are eagerly anticipating Sam’s return. I’ve been avoiding even the episode discussion threads lately because the Sam bashers tend to get their little digs in somehow. But the vast majority of posters there seem ready to see the end of the Danny/Vala arc, and are waiting for Sam to get back, so the show can focus on the team.

I’m liking Vala more than I expected to, but I’ve felt all along that she would be great as a recurring character, and not as a regular. As someone pointed out on that thread, it might have been better if the Vala episodes could have been spread out throughout the season, instead of all at once. Of course, that wasn’t practical with Amanda gone.

I’m a little concerned when I read the spoilers for coming episodes. Is it just me, or does it seem like almost all of them have half the team going one place and the other going somewhere else? It reminds me too much of the last 2 seasons when RDA’s reduced schedule forced those kind of scenarios. I was really hoping that we’d be seeing more of the team together this year. Oh well, as long as Sam is back, I’ll be happy.

NC

Nice picture of the motorcycle rally in your hometown!

Yes, it is true---many many fans are really looking forward to Sam returning!! It is nice to see---I'm not really surprised, but yeah!

I too feel that Vala makes a good recurring character. She'll be fun to return every so often, but not as a regular.

It does seem that the team is often split up once again. I was so looking forward to Sam, Mitchell, Daniel, and Teal'c just going through that round thing together on an adventure. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised at some point in the season!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        Me too, Sally, me too. How many more days til Amanda is back???
        why, let's see....

11 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Me too, Sally, me too. How many more days til Amanda is back???
          Me three!!! I just can't wait til Sam is back. I really think things will start to look up.
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Haha, 'High quality posts' - I don't think mine count as that

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Haha, 'High quality posts' - I don't think mine count as that
              It's worth it just to look at your sig, AD!
              sigpic

Comment

so what could we talk about, sam fans? we've seen some pics of upcoming sam eps. nothing we could discuss? i, for one, like the pics BECAUSE SAM'S IN THEM , but i haven't went any further into thinking about what sam's going to be doing in the eps.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay I have been working 19 hour days since last Wednesday, between school starting back and playing a musical. I watched Fridays episode Saturday morning and was left a bit empty feeling. So today I left the school at 5:00pm and no show tonight so I decided to head home and watch some Stargate on the SciFi channels Monday night line - up. Well I get home and what is on but my personal least favorite episode of all time (the one that I usually skip on the DVDs) "Sight Unseen" was on and as I sat down I thought great first I watch a lame episode over the weekend and now it is either this or go get out a DVD. Well it was well into the episode when I turned it on - it was the part were Sam & Jonas are talking to Vernon's Grandmother - and this is one of the only scenes from this episode I like and it was so freshing to watch. Now it is pretty sad and I know that I'm really missing Sam when I can find pleasure even in "Sight Unseen". AT just brings that spark to an episode that can make even a lame episode have a high point.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Round 47 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Hathor and Message in a Bottle were both eliminated in Round 46.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=112&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

P. S.: It's not usually a good thing for the thread to be so slow, but right now, I'm glad it is.....cause it has allowed me to catch up on what I missed during 10 days of workplace *&^%^$$!!! I should be caught up and back in the swing of things by tomorrow.

Also, this bulletin: Astrogeologist is back! Just saw her post in the fave ep poll! (*waves enthusiastically*)

Welcome back, Astrog!!!
                    Congratulations, Coley, on 400 posts!
                    Congratulations, Skydiver, on 4,700 posts!

Comment

Hurrah !!!

Finally, after three days, I'm all caught up on 25 pages of posts I missed! And my, what delightful reading it was!
                      I can just see Strix_varia and ChopinGal out in Amish country for their delightful summer day! Loved the pictures, ladies! CG, you look great with that bike! But why didn't Strix let you use the camera to take a picture of her? Better yet, wouldn't some accomodating tourist take a photo of you together?

And CG once did the twist (or the shag, or the pony or something) on the original American Bandstand? My.....there's a discussion we can have one day!

MajorSal is still providing her daily AT/SC countdown (and the days until her return can't pass fast enough to suit me!)!

Agent Dark snagged post 13,000!

Uber's computer took a hit from Mother Nature!

And many of us have had stressful workplaces in the past couple of weeks, me included! Hope everything is calming down where you work. I think my crisis is past. Speaking of crisis, let's not forget to say a little prayer for our dear Atteria. I just wish I knew how she is! You sweet people have filled her PM box. I have her regular e-mail address, and have written there. I hope to hear from her hubby soon, and will let you know if I do. I thought that even if he doesn't come here, he might go there and respond. Cross your fingers, toes, ankles.....whatever works!

You have all been your usual delightful selves.....which brings me to the recent discussion on why anyone would want another AT thread when we're already here. I think the number of newbies showing up here all the time proves we're not an exclusive club.....and we always welcome people so warmly! ChopinGal or Astrog usually post links to our history so newbies can catch up! I think those other people.....(*lowers voice to a whisper*).....think we're a little weird! Tee hee! To each his own, I say! As long as they appreciate AT as much as we do, more power to them! Maybe they'll come join us eventually.

And, I'd just like to say:

Happy belated birthday, tsaxlady!
                      Congratulations, ForeverSG1, on 1,200 posts!
                      Welcome back, deepspace!
                      Welcome, ajratbag, runyon3je, Ancient 61 and Parsifal!

Sweet dreams, Samanda!!!!! See you tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay I have been working 19 hour days since last Wednesday, between school starting back and playing a musical. I watched Fridays episode Saturday morning and was left a bit empty feeling.

that's *exactly* how i felt on friday night! my mom asked me if i was depressed after watching it (i was a bit quiet the next day i guess), but i told her that it was so non-stargatey (besides missing sam a LOOOOOT!) that it made me a bit melancholy. like i was afraid that 'this' is what stargate had been reduced to.

BUT, sam's coming back in 11 DAYS, so that's something WONDERFUL to look forward to!

sally
                        Last edited by majorsal; 08 August 2005, 09:45 PM.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys:

Thought I'd "celebrate" my first 100 posts with a little tribute to Amanda as a director. That must have been a great experience for her and a lot of fun, too, looks like it.

Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            that's *exactly* how i felt on friday night! my mom asked me if i was depressed after watching it (i was a bit quiet the next day i guess), but i told her that it was so non-stargatey (besides missing sam a LOOOOOT!) that it made me a bit melancholy. like i was afraid that 'this' is what stargate had been reduced to.

BUT, sam's coming back in 11 DAYS, so that's something WONDERFUL to look forward to!

sally
                            I know exactly how you guys were feeling - same here. But heads up, I KNOW it will be great once Sam is back.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Okay I have been working 19 hour days since last Wednesday, between school starting back and playing a musical. I watched Fridays episode Saturday morning and was left a bit empty feeling. So today I left the school at 5:00pm and no show tonight so I decided to head home and watch some Stargate on the SciFi channels Monday night line - up. Well I get home and what is on but my personal least favorite episode of all time (the one that I usually skip on the DVDs) "Sight Unseen" was on and as I sat down I thought great first I watch a lame episode over the weekend and now it is either this or go get out a DVD. Well it was well into the episode when I turned it on - it was the part were Sam & Jonas are talking to Vernon's Grandmother - and this is one of the only scenes from this episode I like and it was so freshing to watch. Now it is pretty sad and I know that I'm really missing Sam when I can find pleasure even in "Sight Unseen". AT just brings that spark to an episode that can make even a lame episode have a high point.

It would be interesting to see how the ratings go up when Sam returns.
                              You are so right when you say Amanda brings to the show an added "spark"

I loved Sam and jonas together in s6, she showed a teasing side that was fun to watch with Jonas.
                              ......TARA......

Comment

I felt the same way tonight while watching this episode. I actually had the television muted until this scene came on.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 August 2005, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X