Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    I TOTALLY agree. Everybody I've met so far in this awesome thread is especially kindhearted and it's just wonderful to come here after a rather aweful day in RL and spent time with you all.
    "We are Family"
    Dearest New Members (especially AmberMoon and Dani)

Thank you for the lovely words and we hope you decide to stay in Samanda. If so, you may want to consider applying for a royal position in the kingdom.

We have shoppers and bakers and pharmacists too
    There is a royal psychiatrist who is our guru
    The president is away doing her military duty
    But vice-prez is around and still kicking booty

Our royal keeper and census taker both
    are two lovely ladies who keep track of the posts
    There are a few graphic artists, a photographer too
    And several royal guards whose loyalty is true

Royal accountant does count the beans
    And royal chauffeur keeps the Queen's carriage clean
    Royal reporter tries to find a scoop
    And keep us in Samanda right in the loop

The Court has some elders, just happened by chance
    If we have another Gala, you'll see them dance
    There are other Samandans, of that I do know
    I can't name them all here but will show you where to go ...

The Royal Roll Call of the Realm of Samanda, Post 6973 see Royal Index Post below for link ....

If you think you have something that we may be missin'
    Please volunteer your talent and we will sure listen
    We'd love to add you to our Royal Roll
    Think it over, enlist - Samanda has soul!

Court Jester and Bard
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 August 2005, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      And don't forget the pies ! the wonderful blueberries pies !
      I wanna eat pie !
      Gotcha!!! Just watched "Urgo" for the first time, quote "I wanna live, I want to experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie!".

Sounds like a mission statement to me!!!

Comment

Thanks Dani76
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          Well, I can’t write fics, can’t create videos and never have an original thought about the new season (it’s all been said by others way better than I can verbalize). But, I stumbled through and put together a new wallpaper.

Here’s Scientist Sam...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ientistSam.jpg
          Love your wallpaper SamFan31!! You definitely have a flare for the creative!!

ps. I can't do any of the above including wallpaper so you're leaps and bounds ahead of me!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            Gotcha!!! Just watched "Urgo" for the first time, quote "I wanna live, I want to experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie!".

Sounds like a mission statement to me!!!
            And I'm going to paraphrase Mitchell : "Now, that's what I'm talking about !"
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              UPDATED

A Quick-Reference post for the SaGC Thread
              (an index to some of the highlights of the Realm of Samanda)

Ultimate Sam Carter Episode Summary Comments:
              Thread page 277, post 5521 , post 5522, post 5523, post 5524 and post 5525
              (includes links to the Best Carter Episode Polls of Each Season, summary results, SaGC comments, screen caps and links to other posts with screen caps for Sam highlights of select episodes)
              The SaGC Collection for AT
              Pictures of the bound tome
              Great Sam lines and quotes
              SaGC Thread page 167, post 3321
              Sam's CarterCopter Adventures - by Samfan31
              Coley's 'Oh Yea We Say Times' - the Royal Newspaper of the Court of Samanda.
              Index post is on Thread page 334 post 6670 (including the Royal Gala edition)
              The History of the Court of Samanda , by Chopingal: Thread page 351, post 7009
              The Royal Roll Call of the Realm of Samanda, Thread page 349 , post 6973

ForeverSG-1's Royal Court Banner Page ; Thread page 350, post 7045
              SaGC Birthdays, Thread page 361, post 7204
              The Royal Bean Award List by President MajorSam; Thread page 84, post 1679 (although there have been 'beans' added since this index was posted... such as the 'mottled bean', so there might be a more up-to-date list that I missed in my search)
              A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda Thread page 351, post 7019
              Who are the members of the SaGC and the Royal Court of Samanda?
              Thread page 372, post 7433
              The Lost Elder - A Story of the Kingdom of Samanda by Deepspace
              Part 1 Thread page 154, post #3066
              Part 2 Thread page 311, post #6203
              Part 3 Thread page 390, post #7977
              ForeverSG-1's Sam PhotoGallery

NearlyCircular's Audio Clip Summary List

Sam Carter Music Video Index Post ; Thread page 357, post 7140
              Sam's Music by Chopingal - complete with photos(Thread page 438, post 8756)

Astrogeologist's Carter Screen Cap Gallery

Sam Carter/AT Websites
              "Wonderful World", a Sam Carter drabble by AgentDark - you've got to read this one!
              (this post is updated and revised from my earlier one. In addition, this post is also conveniently at the top of a thread page - which makes it easier for bookmarking and returning to. If anyone has any thread pages/posts that they'd like me to include in this index posting, please post (or PM me) the links to what you want included, and I will edit this post to include your links.)
              Hic Comitas Regit

Back again, by popular request! The Royal Index of Samanda - Happy Reading, Newbies!

Comment

Yay, Lys is back . Not much of importance has hapened the last few days. I think there's been some discussion on sending cards to AT, and some recent talk about other movie's she's played in. Oh, and there's a fab pic of ChopinGal with a motrobike . (she's not nearly as old as she tries to make out).

Originally posted by Lys
                Hello fellow Samandans !

Sorry for not being there lately. I had a bad case of real life and extra hours at work. I was so worn out that I wasn't even in the mood to post anything.
                So, what did I miss those few days I was away ?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  Yay, Lys is back . Not much of importance has hapened the last few days. I think there's been some discussion on sending cards to AT, and some recent talk about other movie's she's played in. Oh, and there's a fab pic of ChopinGal with a motrobike . (she's not nearly as old as she tries to make out).
                  Thanks deepspace ! I've just found out about the great picture of ChopinGal with the motorbike. I'd like to say that a picture of ChopinGal on the motorbike would have totally made my day. Please, ChopinGal, post this wonderful picture of you riding wildly at full speed on the motorbike. I know you have one !
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I notice there is a new Amanda Tapping thread. Does this mean we can no longer talk about Amanda in this thread? The whole point about Samanda is it's such a great place with a range of talk about Sam, AT, and everything in between. We've never had any restrictions, ao long as it's vaguely Sam related. I'd hate to lose the variety in this thread just because there's a new thread which is more specific just to the actress.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      Excuse the ignorance, but what have the guys said about RDA? And what makes you think she's not all that fond of him?

I remember Michael Shanks making some interesting comments at a convention once, but everyone took it as sarcasm --- him having a bit of a laugh at the boss, if you know what I mean.

Like you, I can't imagine Amanda saying anything bad about anyone. She just doesn't seem to be that type (I know she gets along really well with Christopher Judge! She called him on her mobile while she was in the middle of a convention in Melbourne once! Got everyone to yell out to him!)
                      I've only heard of her saying good things about RDA. In the latest TV Guide to deal with SG, she basically said she misses him. I'm sure it wasn't easy on the cast having to shoot 2-3 episodes at a time in order to accommodate RDA's schedule in S7 &8 and it would be easy to resent him. The only negative thing in reference to that I heard from her was in a commentary that she "missed the guys" because they were shooting separately a lot in S7. So in a way, even what could be considered a complaint was not said in negative way. Besides, even if she did have a complaint, she strikes me as too professional to air it publicly.

Comment

I notice there is a new Amanda Tapping thread. Does this mean we can no longer talk about Amanda in this thread? The whole point about Samanda is it's such a great place with a range of talk about Sam, AT, and everything in between. We've never had any restrictions, ao long as it's vaguely Sam related. I'd hate to lose the variety in this thread just because there's a new thread which is more specific just to the actress.

deepspace, not to worry! Sky already posted over at the new AT thread welcoming fans to come here to Samanda, which seems to be "the Mother of all SC/AT threads" for now. Mainly because we have been posting continuously about both Sam and Amanda for zillions of pages since last summer ... and also because we have created our own mythology too.

I remember LucyLou who started the AT thread from ages back ... she had posted a couple times with us but never came back. So I've posted there too to support her a bit but am hoping that SaGC continues to maintain its pace and citizens, around what other boards are doing.

Should be enough room in cyberspace for us all!

PS Please add Lys, Royal Pharmacist, to the Royal Birthday List ... she's lucky enough to share March 22 with baby Olivia!

Comment

Yay, Lys is back
                          ... Oh, and there's a fab pic of ChopinGal with a motorbike . (she's not nearly as old as she tries to make out).
                          Oh, child ... you have made my day, my week, MY YEAR!!

One day, the official matriarch of this thread may reveal her true age ... for now, though, just remember "she had fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy took her T-Bird away". This is a true statement. I learned to drive on a Thunderbird! Elvis was my poster child! I appeared on the original American Bandstand! This Philly Chick is now a Royal Hen!

But I thank you for such a lovely compliment! Strix must be ROTFLOL as she took the picture last Sunday! But her lips are sealed, aren't they, Strix?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            deepspace, not to worry! Sky already posted over at the new AT thread welcoming fans to come here to Samanda, which seems to be "the Mother of all SC/AT threads" for now. Mainly because we have been posting continuously about both Sam and Amanda for zillions of pages since last summer ... and also because we have created our own mythology too.

I remember LucyLou who started the AT thread from ages back ... she had posted a couple times with us but never came back. So I've posted there too to support her a bit but am hoping that SaGC continues to maintain its pace and citizens, around what other boards are doing.

Should be enough room in cyberspace for us all!
                            I check out that thread & post there too. I figure that could be a good place to discuss her non-Sam roles. Unfortunately I haven't seen many. But there can't be too much Amanda love. They can't usurp us-- as you say, as the "mother of all SC/AT Threads"-- Or should we say "queen"? My heart remains with Samanda, though. And I'm a government minister here now too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Thanks deepspace ! I've just found out about the great picture of ChopinGal with the motorbike. I'd like to say that a picture of ChopinGal on the motorbike would have totally made my day. Please, ChopinGal, post this wonderful picture of you riding wildly at full speed on the motorbike. I know you have one !
                              OT, but I must clarify my position ... Chopin is not on the motorbike because she was not allowed to sit on it ... take a look below ...

Strix and I were in a gift shop in Lancaster PA area and, being the ham that I am, I could not resist a photo-op with a Harley, all the time thinking of Sam Carter! They were selling raffle tickets for this bike! And, no, I didn't enter! There was a sign on the saddle that said "DO NOT SIT ON BIKE"! Now, you can see the coffee-mug tray in front ... and, since I have never ridden a cycle in my entire life, it was a good thing they did not let me sit on it ... collateral damage for sure!

God, I feel like Rodney McKay ... my reputation as a carefree biker has just been shattered! Can my ego survive?!! I've just gone against my prime directive: never let truth get in the way of a good story! (Shoulda kept my mouth shut!)

There are, however, at least two Samandans I know of who know how to handle a motorcycle ... I'll let them come forth and reveal themselves!

And, just to know: I am writing a Sam/Jack fic entitled Bikers! I got so psyched up with Jack's one-liner in Avalon about selling "the motorcycle" that I couldn't sleep! Justice will be done!

Comment

I've decided to do my first proper Samfic based on just a few wee words said earlier on in this thread...

I'll try and get the first chapter up soon!!

It's untitled as of yet, but will probably be set in season seven!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X