Here's hoping that Amanda decides to stay
    Through Seasons Nine (and Ten!), come what may
    She seems to be coping with her new mommy role
    Blending it with Sam, without taking a toll

So here's to Sam Carter
    May she live long and well
    We're ready to welcome her back
    Won't it be swell!

Good grief - more back info for the New Samandans!

Comment

I hate too soung ignorant or too nosy, but what happened??? I've met Atteria a couple of times around the forum...I hope she's okay.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I just spent a half hour scrolling through past 250 pages or so to find our Samandan Fairytale ... but no luck! I do think it's somewhere around pages 495 through 525 at the time Atteria was baking all her cakes.

Of course, as I scrolled, I re-read some of the back posts from the summer and it's so sad to know that our Royal Baker is lying in hospital somewhere, critically ill. I had sent PM to her husband but no answer back so far. If anyone does hear from him again, please let Samanda know the outcome of Atteria's surgery and her prognosis. She was so encouraging and kind to many of us on this thread and she was hiding a great deal of pain I'm sure. I would like to think that she found some pleasure and laughter here during that time.

We can't judge what happened elsewhere on the forum, but, John, if you do read this ... know that we are here wishing your wife a full recovery and hoping she can return to Samanda!

For those of you who know Atteria, she had to go in for scheduled surgery this summer; however, she did not let on how ill she was. The operation was this past week and her husband stopped by this thread, quite shaken by her post-op condition and another unfortunate matter that transpired recently. He told us that she was in ICU but prognosis/recovery was guarded. It took most of us by surprise. We do not know if John will return to GW to tell us more. So, if any of you have been lucky enough to get a private email address, you may want to send your get-well wishes on there. Ironically, Strix and I were planning to meet her last Sunday, before she went to hospital. But she never got the planning message until after the day had come and gone and we never got together. She thanked me the next day for the thought, and also mentioned how much joy she found here on the thread.
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 August 2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Hey Jest!

What are you doing READING samfic when you should be WRITING samfic? Tisk, Tisk!!!
          Not to worry ... here I am doing more research for my next S/J fic about that "motorcycle" he was selling in S9 ... and I got such a bargain!

Yep, it's Sam's alright ... perfectly understandable though ... I hear that she's now much more into her new hobby, fishing!

Besides ...

Sam, on phone: "Jack, it's okay ... get rid of the Harley ... I still have the Indian!"
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 August 2005, 05:43 PM.

Comment

howdy from omaha

just popping in. we leave for colorado in the morning

suekay, welcome to samanda

as to the contest, i entered a few of my fic, and i encourage any of you to do the same. let's make sure that amanda knows just how appreciated she is
            and just think, some of you lucky ladies going to gabit will get to see her get our goodies

bye for now, maybe i can stick my head in tomorrow
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              howdy from omaha

just popping in. we leave for colorado in the morning

suekay, welcome to samanda

as to the contest, i entered a few of my fic, and i encourage any of you to do the same. let's make sure that amanda knows just how appreciated she is
              and just think, some of you lucky ladies going to gabit will get to see her get our goodies

bye for now, maybe i can stick my head in tomorrow
              Safe trip! Share the photos!

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
                Can I go on the list?
                Yes, add her in ChopinGal. alittletoolate's fic gets a big thumbsup from me

Originally posted by Skydiver
                Yep, I entered my little drabble

Comment

*Sigh* I keep going up to the contest site and trying to submit something, but I can't decide on anything. Nothing seems good enough. Maybe I'll make something I feel is worthy in the next few weeks. It's a bit nerve-wrecking to think that I may actually be there when Amanda sees all of these submissions.

Comment

I watched "The Ties That Bind" last night, and didn't even re-watch the 2300 edition to catch the dialogue I lost in the clatter of dinner cleanup - a sad indication of my lack of enthusiasm for the ep in particular and season 9 in general.

I’m increasingly disappointed with season 9, and missing Sam more with every passing episode. ::needs 'depressed and dismayed' icon::

Spoilerish things:
                    Spoiler:
                    It’s perplexing to me that Sam hasn’t even been mentioned in any of the eps since Avalon 1. Mentioning Sam wouldn’t have meant that Amanda had to be there to be filmed, but it would have made sense. Sam knows a lot about Goa’uld technology; wouldn’t she have been a logical resource to utilize, or at least mention, in terms of getting Vala and Daniel, er, unbound? And, after all, references to Jack were tossed into the script for The Ties That Bind – indeed, an entirely superfluous major showed up for no other reason than to offer Jack’s input (I would have been mightily amused if said major had added “Also, General O’Neill suggests that you stop monopolizing the Asgard commlink sending messages on random vectors trying to raise the Prometheus on her classified maneuvers. I quote: ‘You’re annoying the techs, Hank, not to mention the Asgard advisor, and, since Prometheus is on radio silence, except for emergencies – and Daniel’s high-tech handcuff hangover is not an emergency, by the way – they can’t answer you anyway. Colonel Carter has more important things to tend to out there than getting Dannie out of the longest blind date of his life back here. So cut it out, already. The office of the genius is officially unavailable.’ Shall I give General O’Neill your response, sir?” )

I have to say, in a way, I’ve been glad that Sam hasn’t been in Avalon 2, Origin, and The Ties That Bind, or even been mentioned – at least she can’t logically be associated with, or blamed for, any of the superficial, ill-considered and puerile hijinks therein. Then, last night, watching “The Ties That Bind” it occurred to me that Sam’s getting the classic Stargate ‘when you’re gone, we mention you for one ep, and then we forget you ever existed’ treatment, the only difference being that, thankfully, Sam didn’t have to die to experience it! Apparently, one must be Jack O’Neill to stay alive in the minds and memories of the other characters in the Stargate universe - or, since Joe Spencer rated a mention, maybe it has something to do with the Ancient gene?? If Sam had gotten Dr. Beckett’s gene therapy, and it took, would she have been mentioned on Stargate, too?
                    Last edited by Simhavaktra; 06 August 2005, 06:34 PM.
                    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      *Sigh* I keep going up to the contest site and trying to submit something, but I can't decide on anything. Nothing seems good enough. Maybe I'll make something I feel is worthy in the next few weeks. It's a bit nerve-wrecking to think that I may actually be there when Amanda sees all of these submissions.

IMO, anything you submit will be wonderful, ForeverSg1. You are very talented and AT will appreciate what you submit.

Skydiver, have a great trip! hope you will be able to pop in once in while while you are gone.

AstroG---can't wait for your return!!

Happy Belated Birthday, Tsaxlady!!

Hello to all new SaGC posters!!

Chopingal---so nice to see such a lovely picture of you!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Atteria and for the Samandan mentioned a few days ago.

Comment

Thanks to sueKay (thanks for the post of the transcript ), I found out what "The Guys" are "really" thinking of Amanda, and I thought, I'd share with you.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          I missed Origin last week, but caught Ties That Bind last night. I enjoyed it... laughed in a few places, but it seemed to be lacking any "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" drama. That's obviously not how they're trying to play these first few eps. They're going for laughs instead, and they've succeeded to an extent; at least for me.

Spoiler:
                          Teal'c was largely absent... AGAIN... which was very disappointing to me. I don't understand how CJ was enjoying the first part of this season because it seems to me that he's been used even less than normal. His absence only emphasizes the disjointed feeling that I'm getting from the whole situation.

I liked the intergalactic scavenger hunt storyline. We get to see a few new worlds (I think?), and there was a little action, and I actually liked Mitchell this time around which was a huge relief. The Daniel/Vala interaction seems to be going in circles, and I really wish they'd break the cycle and grow the relationship somehow, but I still get a few laughs from it. A whole season of it would be wearing, I think.

I found the whole budget cut aspect a little ironic, because it feels a lot like they've cut the budget to the show SG-1 as well as to the SGC in the show... I know this probably isn't the case, but it struck me as being pretty lame in terms of building up any sort of tension... haven't we been here before? And everyone knows that the Ori will ultimately turn out to be a serious threat and Washington will eventually realize the error of its ways.

One thing I found intriguing was the hint dropped about future civilian oversight of the SGC... I can't help but wonder what that means, and if they plan to bring somebody else in as a total surprise... if this has anything to do with why they're being so vague about what Jack is doing and who will take over leadership of SG-1, etc. etc. etc. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Amanda will be back soon!!!! Woohoo!!!!

You are a lot more upbeat than me about last night's episode!! Thanks for pointing out some important developments--I might have overlooked them. I could find liitle redeeming in last night's episode, except that I do think CB is doing a good job, with not so good material. I just don't think I can take much more of Daniel and Vala. It is unusual for Stargate SG1 to focus so much on only two characters. It's boring to me, and I can't wait for a change.

I cannot even express how much I can't wait for Sam to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            Thanks to sueKay (thanks for the post of the transcript ), I found out what "The Guys" are "really" thinking of Amanda, and I thought, I'd share with you.

Awww I love this. I've seen RDA and CJ's quote before but I'd never seen one by MS. Simply lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              You are a lot more upbeat than me about last night's episode!! Thanks for pointing out some important developments--I might have overlooked them. I could find liitle redeeming in last night's episode, except that I do think CB is doing a good job, with not so good material. I just don't think I can take much more of Daniel and Vala. It is unusual for Stargate SG1 to focus so much on only two characters. It's boring to me, and I can't wait for a change.

I cannot even express how much I can't wait for Sam to come back.
                              You know I don't think the first five weeks would have been so bad for me if they had utilized Mitchell and Teal'c more, but I have to agree I think I'm going through a bit of a overdose of Daniel and Vala right now. So far season nine has been very different in that I don't recall any season ever being so dominated by only two characters, especially by a guest star. I think in the past four episodes we've seen Teal'c on-screen less than 30mins total and for as much as Mitchell is suppose to be the new lead it looks as if the writers are really pushing Daniel into the fore front.

But then again, perhaps this has been the writers intention to make sure that Sam isn't forgotten, because there really isn't a cohesive SG-1 team as of yet. I must admit, I really am enjoying watching how Teal'c reacts to Mitchell. It will be really interesting to see how this relationship changes after Sam returns, because I really think she is going to be the catalyst that brings them all together.

Comment

13 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X