Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds cool I'll go check it out! I love Sam fanfics (:
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      14 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
      WH00T!!
      - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
      Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

I missed Origin last week, but caught Ties That Bind last night. I enjoyed it... laughed in a few places, but it seemed to be lacking any "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" drama. That's obviously not how they're trying to play these first few eps. They're going for laughs instead, and they've succeeded to an extent; at least for me.

Spoiler:
        Teal'c was largely absent... AGAIN... which was very disappointing to me. I don't understand how CJ was enjoying the first part of this season because it seems to me that he's been used even less than normal. His absence only emphasizes the disjointed feeling that I'm getting from the whole situation.

I liked the intergalactic scavenger hunt storyline. We get to see a few new worlds (I think?), and there was a little action, and I actually liked Mitchell this time around which was a huge relief. The Daniel/Vala interaction seems to be going in circles, and I really wish they'd break the cycle and grow the relationship somehow, but I still get a few laughs from it. A whole season of it would be wearing, I think.

I found the whole budget cut aspect a little ironic, because it feels a lot like they've cut the budget to the show SG-1 as well as to the SGC in the show... I know this probably isn't the case, but it struck me as being pretty lame in terms of building up any sort of tension... haven't we been here before? And everyone knows that the Ori will ultimately turn out to be a serious threat and Washington will eventually realize the error of its ways.

One thing I found intriguing was the hint dropped about future civilian oversight of the SGC... I can't help but wonder what that means, and if they plan to bring somebody else in as a total surprise... if this has anything to do with why they're being so vague about what Jack is doing and who will take over leadership of SG-1, etc. etc. etc. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Amanda will be back soon!!!! Woohoo!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
          Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
          Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
          Census Taker, Skydiver
          Court Jester, ChopinGal
          Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan
          Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
          Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
          Royal Technician, Myrth
          Royal Page, Charlie
          Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
          Loyal Citizen, ann_sgcfan

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester

Depressed by the lack of Jack?
          Looking for a quick Sam fix?
          Missing the team as we know it?
          So hoping that S9 writers don't blow it?

Counting the days until ...
          Sam's great smile lights up the screen?
          What to do in between?

Samandan Scribes can provide relief!

PM any of the authors above
          Let them share the fics they love
          Carter, O'Neill, Teal'c and Jackson
          Humor, whumpage, angst and action

Some great writers on our thread
          What else more can be said?
          Using words they intrigue, regale
          Spinning SG1 adventure tales

Happy Reading
          Until our Queen returns!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I missed Origin last week, but caught Ties That Bind last night. I enjoyed it... laughed in a few places, but it seemed to be lacking any "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" drama. That's obviously not how they're trying to play these first few eps. They're going for laughs instead, and they've succeeded to an extent; at least for me.

Spoiler:
            Teal'c was largely absent... AGAIN... which was very disappointing to me. I don't understand how CJ was enjoying the first part of this season because it seems to me that he's been used even less than normal. His absence only emphasizes the disjointed feeling that I'm getting from the whole situation.

I liked the intergalactic scavenger hunt storyline. We get to see a few new worlds (I think?), and there was a little action, and I actually liked Mitchell this time around which was a huge relief. The Daniel/Vala interaction seems to be going in circles, and I really wish they'd break the cycle and grow the relationship somehow, but I still get a few laughs from it. A whole season of it would be wearing, I think.

I found the whole budget cut aspect a little ironic, because it feels a lot like they've cut the budget to the show SG-1 as well as to the SGC in the show... I know this probably isn't the case, but it struck me as being pretty lame in terms of building up any sort of tension... haven't we been here before? And everyone knows that the Ori will ultimately turn out to be a serious threat and Washington will eventually realize the error of its ways.

One thing I found intriguing was the hint dropped about future civilian oversight of the SGC... I can't help but wonder what that means, and if they plan to bring somebody else in as a total surprise... if this has anything to do with why they're being so vague about what Jack is doing and who will take over leadership of SG-1, etc. etc. etc. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Amanda will be back soon!!!! Woohoo!!!!
            Yeah, I watched but was easily distracted during the hour ... like shelling pistachios and reading through my mail ... heavens! I can never remember doing this for prior seasons!

More of the same ... is about what I'd say ... four weeks of "been there, done that, oh hum ... what's next? Sam's coming back when?" (Rechecks thread for the correct day count!)

Spoiler:
            Trivia question: who was the little lascivious rascal who ran "naked through the woods" with Vala and had an Oedipal complex? I didn't catch actor's name but I know I've seen him around ... ?! And, yes, same feelings about CJ ... the guy is noticeably absent from these early eppies ... maybe he's busy sitting in his trailer writing a new script for the season. Vala and CB ... nothing much has changed ... supposedly, she interjected a bit more about being abused by her own people - now was she a host or not? Is she still trying to con Daniel, etc.? Frankly, I much more enjoyed Sam as a hottie in her scivvies during Broca Divide than Vala in her rose-coloured underwear last night! The most intriguing part of the hour was, what you're thinking too: the cryptic lines about a "new civilian position from Pentagon" which will then take up residence at the SGC as the grand overseer and "big brother" ... I thought of Jack too. How does his present position as Homeworld Security Director play into this inference? We know RDA doesn't want back in ... so they can't make Jack the "overseer" or can they? And we had Dr. Weir but she was replacing Jack and Landry has now replaced Weir, right? So where are they going with the lowered budget and new civilian post? That woke me up a little and I stopped shelling the pistachios ....

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Sweet. A Janet clone to go with the Sam clone
              *falls into lust induced coma*
              sigpic-
              +I thought I was a fool for no one
              but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Hey all!

I've been invited to this thread many many MANY times, and I'v finally taken up the offer!

I love Sam and she truely is a great character...She's the only reason I'll be watching season nine!

Well, I hope I have fun here!

sueKay
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Hey all!

I've been invited to this thread many many MANY times, and I'v finally taken up the offer!

I love Sam and she truely is a great character...She's the only reason I'll be watching season nine!

sueKay
                  Welcome to Samanda, sueKay! So glad you decided to de-lurk!

And, perfect timing ... are you possibly a published Samfic author? Don't be shy, let us know because we'll add you forthwith to the List of Samandan Scribes which I just reposted above! I just checked her blog, and yes our newest Samandan is, indeed, a bonafide Scribe! Her name shall be entered to our list! Which means, sK, that you must now continute to contribute to this thread! Ha! Caught you in our Samandan snare, didn't I?!

Wee bonnie lassie, I've had the great good fortune to travel along the Loch Lomond several years ago on a winter's day! You have a lovely, lovely country and a very friendly people!

Jester
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 August 2005, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Heya!

Thank you for the warm welcome and thanks for checking out my blog!!!!

It's Sam/Jack ship fics I primarly write, but I'm working on a rather amusing Sam/McKay fic at the moment

You'll need to help me out here...I've only lurked a few times and I don't know anything about the thread (other than that rather obviously Samanda rocks!)

glad you liked Loch Lomond...it's a pleasure living here! (I work right on the edge of the loch!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
                      Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
                      Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
                      Census Taker, Skydiver
                      Court Jester, ChopinGal
                      Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan
                      Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
                      Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
                      Royal Technician, Myrth
                      Royal Page, Charlie
                      Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
                      Loyal Citizens, ann_sgcfan and sueKay

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester
                      Most updated version ... a couple new scribes have been added! Original post is #7019, page 351. Yes, Samandans, we have been speeding ahead and growing by leaps and bounds since then!

Comment

LOL - i can see that!!!!!

thank you for adding me!!!

I'll have to update my fics now!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi sueKay, welcome to Samanda, one of the friendliest threads on the forum! I'm so glad you decided to join us. I've been been very thankful for your stargate intel forum in the past whenever Gateworld was down.(and when it's up and running) It's another great place to visit.

NC

Comment

I'm afright I have some very very bad news kids. (OK people).

I go on vacation 2 Croatia, and I come back arround 25-26 August. The sad thing is, I leave at 15 August and the "Sam's returned episode", BeachHead, airs on 19 August.

So I guess I have 2 think of "other ways" 2 see that episode.

You Americans/Canadians are lucky dogs, seeing Amanda/Sam coming "home" first!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Enjoy Croatia - my mum is off there in september - so lovely coastline and great mountains. Too bad you'll miss AT/Sam's return, but some of us aren't scheduled to see the season 9 eps for ages!! Bon Voyage!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Hey all!

sueKay

Welcome SueKay

Ahhh bonnie Scotland - my fave place. How are the midges at the moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X