X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    OK...Samandans.

I need your help.

I'm working on a website. Which will have a large Stargate section. And I've just come up with a cool idea for it.

For each of the characters pages, I plan to add an audio file which will play when that page is loaded up.

For Jack, I plan to find a audio file of "For cryin' out loud!"

For Teal'c "Indeed"

For Hammond: "SG1, you have a go"

In that vein, what do you think is the 'definitive' Sam phrase that I should track down. I'm not talking about episode specific classics like "Maybourne you're an idiot every day of the week..." I'm talking about a line that either is Sam's catchphrase or simply sums her up.

And knowing you guys I expect 50 replies on the topic when I next swing by Gateworld tomorrow!
    "Holy Hannah!"

Anything with, "...theoretically..."

.... that's all I got.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

i like 'blinded me with science'

so apt
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i like 'blinded me with science'

so apt
        Thomas Dolby She Blinded Me With Science lyrics

It's poetry in motion
        She turned her tender eyes to me
        As deep as any ocean
        As sweet as any harmony
        Mmm - but she blinded me with science
        "She blinded me with science!"
        And failed me in biology

When I'm dancing close to her
        "Blinding me with science - science!"
        I can smell the chemicals
        "Science!"
        "Science!"

Mmm - but it's poetry in motion
        and when she turned her eyes to me
        As deep as any ocean
        As sweet as any harmony
        And failed me in geometry

When she's dancing next to me
        "Blinding me with science - science!"
        "Science!"
        I can hear machinery
        'Blinding me with science - science!"
        "Science!"

It's poetry in motion
        and now she's making love to me
        The spheres are in commotion
        The elements in harmony
        She blinded me with science
        And hit me with technology

'Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"

I don't believe it!
        There she goes again!
        She's tidied up and I can't find anything!
        all my tubes and wires
        And careful notes
        And antiquated notions
        but - it's poetry in motion
        And when she turned her tender eyes to me
        As deep as any ocean
        As sweet as any harmony
        And failed me in geometry
        "She blinded me - with science!"
        She blinded me with ...

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions so far and I appreciate the effort...but none are really going for what I'm pulling for here...

I'm looking for something more current...within the past 20 years...that when played, sound like essentially a tribute to Amanda Tapping and/or Samantha Carter...

Something not folksy, not classical, not heavy metal...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Thank you for the suggestions so far and I appreciate the effort...but none are really going for what I'm pulling for here...

I'm looking for something more current...within the past 20 years...that when played, sound like essentially a tribute to Amanda Tapping and/or Samantha Carter...

The first one that came to my mind was Shania Twain's "I Feel Like a Woman" if that's the correct title to that song.
            sigpic

Comment

Pfft, as if a Death Metal song wouldn't be a tribute to Amanda

Anyways...

http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html
              4th vid from the bottom, 'One Girl Revolution' - really good song for a Samvid. And the song could also fit for Amanda too

An I've always thought 'Calypso' by Spiderbait would be a great song for a Samvid...

Comment

"She Blinded me with Science" is older than 20 years? Gawd do I feel old now. And I'm probably better with lyrics in my parents' generation (1940s-50s).
                You're making this tough.

Comment

How about, "Baby, You're Amazing" by Josh Kelly?

Heard the song first on Catysg1's videos site. Ended up getting Josh Kelly's cd---really good and current! Might fit Sam and Amanda well?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    actually, it's 'welcome to my life'
                    Aaarrrggghhh!

::smacks forehead and tells self 'D'uh, Simha!'::

I haven't quite reached the point of asking myself 'who am i, where am i, and why am i typing????' but I can see it from here. Time to get some sleep.

In apology for misquoting our Queen (the shame, the shame ::hangs head: I'll offer the kingdom a URL with a cute kids' science experiment with blue Jell-o and lasers:

http://outreach.as.utexas.edu/marykay/TJello.pdf

I can just imagine Sam in uniform, doing this for one of Cassie's grade school classes - and then getting a letter years later from one of the other girls in Cassie's class, who just wanted Sam to know she's going to major in physics at university, and that Sam was the one who gave her the idea that science is fun, and cool, and women are scientists, too.
                    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      Here's to our motto: Hic Comitas Regit!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6.../Kindness4.jpg

Amanda's Smile and Kindness have changed Us forever.
                      Hope you like my pic.
                      love the pic and the quote

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        The first one that came to my mind was Shania Twain's "I Feel Like a Woman" if that's the correct title to that song.
                        I'm of no real help because I don't keep up with popular music, but I do like this one!! I now have the tune running in my head!! Thanks, ChevronSeven! I think...

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          How about, "Baby, You're Amazing" by Josh Kelly?

Heard the song first on Catysg1's videos site. Ended up getting Josh Kelly's cd---really good and current! Might fit Sam and Amanda well?
                          i picked out three songs, but everytime i looked at the lyrics, they got too specific to what our feelings here would be. here's the three songs i looked at, though --

isn't she lovely, by stevie wonder
                          evergreen, by barbra streisand
                          baby, baby, by amy grant

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            ok, I've been getting a little lost amongst all the fab posts that have occurred while I wasn't here. Gee, I can't believe you guys made it up to page 640. I kind of feel a bit out of the loop now. Don't know any of the latest in jokes, or what's happening in the Samandan news. Small things I've gathered so far:

Season9 has started everywhere except Australia
                            ...but Sam's not really back yet

Samanda has a lot of new faces. Yay, and hi to everyone I haven't met yet .

It's good to see most of the familiar faces too! The royal court still seems mostly intact. I even see, is it, could it be, Lida? You decided to come back . But where oh where is astro? Please tell me she is still around .

Samanda has a motto! hic comitas regit. Is that right? Looks like I'll be doing a few alterations to my sig .

um... what else.

people have been giving me nice rep comments

um...

I need some help here. Between all of you surely you could fill me in on at least the top 10 things that have happened in Samanda in the last couple of months. I intend to catch up on more eventually, but meanwhile I want to be able to talk to you guys! Please? *puppy dog eyes*

easy, yes?

And I am truly truly sorry to have abandoned this great country for so long. I missed the kingdom, and it's nice to know I was missed also. But hopefully I'll be around a little more from now on.
                            hey deepspace! I'll try and catch you up, but i haven't been around heaps either! here goes;
                            1. we got a motto!!! as you noticed it's 'hic comitas regit', meaning 'here kindness reigns'. pretty, huh?
                            2. we're voting on a flag...so go vote! now! go!
                            3. Everyone went through a short poem frenzy , the scribes of samanda were just churning 'em out - you were mentioned in at least two, by the way!
                            3. lots of discussion on season nine, but i haven't been reading much of that coz i haven't seen it yet and i'm trying to reserve judgement til i have. feedback has been mixed, makes for interesting discussions.
                            4. links to some great new AT interviews have been posted, we'll have to find 'em for you...
                            5. there's been a massive population boost!!! It seems the temporary absence of our Queen has been causing quite a stir.
                            6. again with the lots of discussion about season nine - it's been a hot topic, as you'd imagine, so thats pretty much been dominating the board.
                            7. The gents have been descending into the gutter with several comments on the likelihood of seeing AT in a bikini sometime in the near future - methinks they're going to be disappointed!
                            8. there's been plenty of reports from recent cons, complete with video clips of amanda speaking at the panel and pretty pics...again, i'll try and find them for you...
                            9. umm...umm...ohm currently trying to figure out the definite sam phrase and guessing at what song best suits Sam and Amanda.
                            10. There's was lots of discussion about the mysterious disappearance of one the the Kingdom's royal page's. What with the Queen's birthdau coming up soon and all, we were starting to get quite worried! In other words, we missed you silly!!!
                            Royal Page of Samanda
                            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              "Holy Hannah!"

Anything with, "...theoretically..."

.... that's all I got.
                              I also think that "Holy Hannah" and "theoretically" are typical Sam phrases.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I don't know if this has already been posted here, but I found another interview with Amanda on www.stargate-project.de
                                Now that's a German webpage (beats me how they always seem to have news first ), so it's in German. But anyone interested can find the original interview (in English) on Terra Wellington's webpage at www.terrawellington.com
                                I for one was impressed, once again, by how amazing Amanda really is.
                                Enjoy

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X