X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    OK...Samandans.

I need your help.

I'm working on a website. Which will have a large Stargate section. And I've just come up with a cool idea for it.

For each of the characters pages, I plan to add an audio file which will play when that page is loaded up.

For Jack, I plan to find a audio file of "For cryin' out loud!"

For Teal'c "Indeed"

For Hammond: "SG1, you have a go"

In that vein, what do you think is the 'definitive' Sam phrase that I should track down. I'm not talking about episode specific classics like "Maybourne you're an idiot every day of the week..." I'm talking about a line that either is Sam's catchphrase or simply sums her up.

And knowing you guys I expect 50 replies on the topic when I next swing by Gateworld tomorrow!
    how about 'with all due respect sir' or 'theoretically' ?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade
      hi can someone or somebody help me with this the problem with this i did sign up but it is ask me a card type card number i don't have this

there arenew pictures of amanda tapping
      there are in wireimage if someone to look the website is www.wireimage.com

from your friend

mary-clare
      Mary Clare, welcome to the SAGC Thread. Since you've made 3 posts already today about your specific request (and apparently only in this thread according to your post history), you need to give posters a bit more time to tell you if they can help you. Not everyone is on-line at the same time here. Or, you may get a greater response if you make a thread in the Fandom section to see if someone else here at Gateworld can help you.

As ForeverSG1 pointed out the site you are linking to is a professional site for the media & others who need images of celebrities for their sites or print publications. http://www.wireimage.com/about.asp?aval=1
      Those people pay for the right to get the full size pix, and when they use them they're agreeing to some very specific and tight rules....
      http://www.wireimage.com/help.asp?hval=5
      There is a customer service link at the left hand side, so if you are having problems, their staff might be able to help you.

But my guess is that unless you plan to pay for those pix you're likely not going to get those pix "big" like you want them. You may be better off searching threads in forums where the fans have posted their pix of the same poses.

Just my thoughts, because just like ForeverSG1 I'm not in the web/print media and don't have a need to go there for pix...
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        This is a really interesting topic, actually.

Nothing specifically comes to mind... lots of technobabble about the gate being a super-conductor, naquadah generators, etc... technobabble seeming to be Sam's "thing." Of course, that led me to:

"And steam comes out and everything."

Followed by:

"Go suck a lemon."

"With all due respect, sir."

I'm sure others will come up with something far more appropriate.
        I'd vote for "with all due respect, sir." or Just plain "Sir"!

If just a one-liner, I always liked her saying to Jacob: "You gave up coffee for your symbiote?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Glad to hear you two had such a great time. I too loved your photo's.

1speed take note - the fantastic Ridgeway MTB Ride takes itself past the lovely Avebury - Is that better than Intercourse - 1speeding AND stone circles?!

Now that Strix and ChopinGal have shared time so sucessfully in Intercourse together - does that mean the thread now benefits from having a Jousting Jester and Jesting Jouster?!
          I'll behave myself ... this is a family-oriented thread. So, I'll just say that, yes, I guess that's kinda like Carter and RepliCarter! We actually were gonna do a nearby Renaissance Faire too - how weird is that?!

Back on topic ... Amanda's favorite song ... she plays folk guitar so anything "folksie" but I'm thinking, now with playing and singing to Olivia, I'd suggest "Puff the Magic Dragon".

Sam's favorite song? Wow ... "Fly Me to the Moon". She's into oldies but goodies.

Oh - if we use Kat's great sig with this ... Sam Carter's S9 favorite song will be: "in the jungle, the mighty jungle ... the lion sleeps tonight" What IS the name of that song? Kingston Trio?! That's so perfect for Carter's new aggressive, feline nature ... Couldn't you just see her prowling now in those black BDUs?!

Well, forget the prowling ... I could picture her and Teal'c and Danny Boy dancing around a campfire!
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 August 2005, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I'll behave myself ... this is a family-oriented thread. So, I'll just say that, yes, I guess that's kinda like Carter and RepliCarter! We actually were gonna do a nearby Renaissance Faire too - how weird is that?!

Back on topic ... Amanda's favorite song ... she plays folk guitar so anything "folksie" but I'm thinking, now with playing and singing to Olivia, I'd suggest "Puff the Magic Dragon".

Sam's favorite song? Wow ... "Fly Me to the Moon". She's into oldies but goodies.

Oh - if we use Kat's great sig with this ... Sam Carter's S9 favorite song will be: "in the jungle, the mighty jungle ... the lion sleeps tonight" What IS the name of that song? Kingston Trio?! That's so perfect for Carter's new aggressive, feline nature ... Couldn't you just see her prowling now in those black BDUs?!

Well, forget the prowling ... I could picture her and Teal'c and Danny Boy dancing around a campfire!
            You were correct with the name of the song. Click here for more details.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Ooops, I knew I was forgetting something. I was suppose to be working on the flag this weekend. Sorry, I got a little side tracked making a Sam wall. I liked this new season 9 picture of Sam so much that I've made a half dozen different walls using it, but I think I like these two the best so far.

Wall 1

Wall 2
              I liked them both, they were both so good. I don't think I could choose which I like more.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

for sam's lines

theoretically

with all due respect sir

wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock picking
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay...I think people are misunderstanding. I do want to know what Amanda's favorite song is...don't get me wrong.

But I'm also MORE interested in what song could be used to demonstrate or portray the ultimate coolness that is Amanda and Samantha.

A song that when you hear it you go...Oh man...that is SO Samanda...

Something upbeat...not heavy rock but something that could be used to show how incredibly great both Amanda and Samantha are.

Get it?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

OK...Samandans.
                    I need your help.
                    I'm working on a website. Which will have a large Stargate section. And I've just come up with a cool idea for it.
                    For each of the characters pages, I plan to add an audio file which will play when that page is loaded up.
                    For Teal'c "Indeed"
                    In that vein, what do you think is the 'definitive' Sam phrase that I should track down. I'm not talking about episode specific classics like "Maybourne you're an idiot every day of the week..." I'm talking about a line that either is Sam's catchphrase or simply sums her up.
                    And knowing you guys I expect 50 replies on the topic when I next swing by Gateworld tomorrow!
                    How bout 'Holy Hannah!'
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

OK...Samandans.

I need your help.

For Teal'c "Indeed"

I'd vote for:

"Welcome to MY world!" or
                      "I can fix the rest on the way." or
                      "I'm fine, sir."
                      "Having fun now, sir." or
                      "I'm talking physics, sir."
                      "Next up, parting the Red Sea." or
                      "I know - 'Soldier Sam'." or
                      "In my world, I am a warrior and a scholar, I do the work of men." or
                      "Wormhole physics, motorcycle riding and lock picking."

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

actually, it's 'welcome to my life'
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Okay...I think people are misunderstanding. I do want to know what Amanda's favorite song is...don't get me wrong.

But I'm also MORE interested in what song could be used to demonstrate or portray the ultimate coolness that is Amanda and Samantha.

Something upbeat...not heavy rock but something that could be used to show how incredibly great both Amanda and Samantha are.

Get it?

Hi Über

I've been having a song in mind since the week-end. I discovered it by watching one of Terrah's Stargate videos (here's the link to the video Keep this fire burning ) I keep watching it again and again. The music has a good beat to it, and the words, IMO, fit SG-1's and Sam's loyalty.

It's Keep this fire burning, by Beverley Knight. Just click on Download to this title, it's the second video (sorry, link to the video doesn't seem to want to work)

Good night Samanda
                          Last edited by Historian; 02 August 2005, 06:05 PM.
                          sigpic
                          There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Get it?

"Danke Sheon" ?
                            "She blinded me with Science"?
                            "Theme from Mission Impossible the Movie" ?

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Get it?

We'd have to change "Nancy" to Amanda, but I think this one may work. It's an oldie--I grew up on my mom's Frank Sinatra records.

Nancy (With the Laughing Face)
                              Frank Sinatra

http://mfile.akamai.com/3178/wm2/muz...asx?obj=v40218

If I don't see her each day I miss her
                              Gee, what a thrill each time I kiss her
                              I've got a terrible case
                              On Nancy with the laughin' face

She takes the winter and makes it summer
                              But summer could take some lessons from her
                              Picture a tomboy in lace
                              That's Nancy with the laughin' face

Have you ever heard mission bells ringin'?
                              Well, she'll give you the very same glow
                              When she speaks you would think it was singin'
                              Just hear her say "hello"

I swear to goodness you can't resist her
                              Sorry for you, she has no sister
                              No angel could replace
                              Nancy with the laughin' face

Keep Betty Grable, Lamour, and Turner
                              She makes my heart a charcoal burner
                              It's heaven when I embrace
                              My Nancy with the laughin' face

(http://www.lyricsxp.com/)
                              Last edited by jckfan55; 02 August 2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

OK...Samandans.

I need your help.

For Teal'c "Indeed"

Hmm, I'll have to think about this one... but off the top of my head I'd say...

Theoretically
                                Yes sir
                                Holy Hannah

Comment

Working...
                                X